Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rewatch: Season 1 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - TS-19' started by WillyJakkz, Apr 4, 2019.

1. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Season 1 did an outstanding job of introducing the main and sub characters of the story as well as their moralities.

The introduction of the walkers is another thing... From opening doors, grabbing bricks to destroy windows, and then the incredibly athletic zombie that climbed over the fence (I actually busted out laughing because I didn't even remember it). Matter of fact I couldn't even call them walkers at this point as they had a lot of pep in their step.

Only thing I could chalk this up to (beyond a different writer) is this was the very beginning stage of the zombie outbreak so maybe (and I stress maybe) the newly turned people still retained some remnant of mobility and memory.

This season was not as incredible as I remembered it to be.

Verdict: Season 1 was excellent character and story wise as you could tell they were just getting acclimated to their roles. The zombie lore to what they have devolved to now made this Season not quite as good as other Seasons. Although they were looking to establish Rick I felt like Shane was the more interesting character in S1.

Standout Ep: Guts was the episode that introduces Rick to Glenn which led to the reuniting of him with his family.

#1 WillyJakkz, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1