Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Hershel Know?

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by Jakobi, Nov 18, 2012.

1. RDZ

RDZ Member

I believe Hershel knew that Rick was really struggling and told him some positive influences that Rick has had to help him.

I am surprised that people think this phone may have a dial tone, why on earth would it have a dial tone, there would be no power or phone system to allow it to work, the prison is not powered.

2. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

Hershel knew. No doubt about it. He chose to let Rick be to sort it out himself.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That was Herschel's "Andrea Moment": OK, the guy who just found out his wife died and hacked up a dozen zombies with an axe is hearing voices on a dead phone. Hmm... think I'll just leave him alone with his handgun, and the body of the zombie that ate his wife, and the phone.

4. EvoQ

EvoQ Member

This Question..should have been............How Long will Herschel keep this Rick/Phone-call info to himself ??????

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Probably an Old experienced man like himself has seen men breakdown and hallucinate. But then I can be wrong, anyway, did he really risk walking around with a missing foot? I find it a bit absurd.

6. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

i agree with the people that believe hershel gets the situation right.
    hes the old wise man in the group now, the grandfather type, the new dale if you want.

Hes one of those old experienced people that know how to handle this situation. The guy rick in front of him just lost his wive, 2 other group members and that as the leader! He hacked 20 zombies in pieces. You dont argue with a guy in that moment.

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I believe Rick cleared out their section of the prison when he went on his rampage. When he went to check on Carl and the group, Glenn asked if he wanted help clearning up the bodies like they had all been put down but needed to be taken out and burned.

8. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

they made it super obvious that he knew. He did the right thing and left Rick alone and now rick is fine.

9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I think Hershel knew it would be inaffective for him to be the one to tell Rick that he was slipping off his rocker and the phone was not working. He knew Rick had to come to that realization in his own way.

10. DrBlive

DrBlive Member

I think it was obvious he knew there was no dial tone, and I also think he will bring it up to Rick at a certain point. Just unsure when this certain point is

11. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Agreed.
    Honestly, Why would you even hear static? It has no power. I think you would hear NOTHING.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Speaking of Static, that scene reminded me of Silent Hill.. I was so "Omg silent hill, the walls are going to turn" lol

13. mistymage

mistymage Member

There is actually a small chance one would hear a dial tone. Old school landlines get their power directly from the telephone line and from there the telephone companies have very large diesel generators and batteries for backup during power outages. Now granted it is a year after the ZA happened but since almost everyone uses cellphones .. maybe there would still be enough power left in the batteries. http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/landline-work-electricity-goes-out

14. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

Hershel knew. The expression on his face knew that Rick wasn't right in the head.

15. steely

steely Well-Known Member

herschel knew... he also knew better than to argue with rick in that moment... let him work it out and then try to reason with him...

16. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

To add to the chorus, "Yeah". Hershel kind of frowned/tilted his head as he held the phone up to his ear, and also suggested he'd stay with him. Hershel thought by staying there it might help him keep an eye on Rick's slipping mind.

17. rhizin

rhizin Member

Of course he did. He is the only one who remotly can relate to what Rick is going through.