Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tired of Rick

Discussion in 'Episode 310 - Home' started by PizzaBoy, Feb 22, 2013.

1. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, though. The show isn't as dark as the comic. They might not make Rick quite as hard in the show. You never know. The show does take some crazy turns away from the comic at times. But with the way Rick has been acting It looks like they're going with the darker Rick.

2. iamnotarobot

iamnotarobot Member

easy there...maybe you do care?...perhaps just a little bit...or a lot?... otherwise why so hostile towards anyone with a different point of view? This isn't a "rabbscuttleship" lol, you can't make me stop reading or posting comments on TWD forums, and you can't make me stop watching TWD. Why would you suggest such a thing? That's not a feasible solution, I actually enjoy the show overall. If I hated Rick then maybe but I don't hate him. Anyway, Have a wonderful day, dear, buddy, pal, sweety...friendly McFrienderson :zombies_lol:

3. rabscuttle1

I simply stated that the show is Rick's story and if people don't like Rick they have to either deal with it or watch something else if they can't. I don't give a shit if you watch the show or not. Wasn't telling you or anyone else what to do. I'm just posting my view. And if you knew me at all as some on this forum do, you would know that I don't give a shit what anyone thinks. Tough shit if people don't like it. I'm an aggressive person. That's just the way it is. People don't like it then they don't have to respond to my posts. But if you want to responde then don't cry if my response is hostile. Because sometimes my responses are kinda mean and dickish.

4. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes this is Rick's story, but I can understand why folks aren't warming to him at the moment..

He's gone from the good guy in season 1 & 2 to a bit of a tyrant jerk in season 3..

It's entertaining to watch all the same, so it's not bothering me..

5. Dead man walking

I like Rick's character, obviously. But I think they just drag on or put too much into his going nuts. It over shadows the rest rather than being more subtle which I would prefer. The story is predominantly about Rick and his 'gang' but the story risks just turning into a story about Rick going nuts, which is in all honesty becoming a bit boring and tedious. I would much prefer that some other characters receive some character definition rather than just being bumped off as soon as we get a new person joining.
    I think Daryl's character is taking over as a favourite simply because people do want to see action and grit involving zombies and survival, not just Rick going loopy while zombies drift in and out of the background.

6. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

If you read the comics you'd come to realize that rick's mental state is pretty much an issue the rest of the way.

7. GovernorsGal

GovernorsGal New Member

Rick's development into this mental state has been entertaining thus far and a major part of the story, obviously. However, as much as I like Rick, wanna see him do good things, I sorta wish someone would at least try to pull him out of this rut more then 'We need you Rick' speeches.
    Given everything that has happened, of course it wouldn't be a night and day shift in mental stability and lets face it, it would be boring if he went back to how he was before, say in season 1. I'm not a huge fan of his kid, but when your own child looks at you and thinks you need to stop being the leader and not to mention that he is handling this better then his own father, something has to give. At some point. But yes, it is interesting.

8. tommy

tommy Member

Rick would be boring if he were exactly the same as he was in Season 1. I think he'll come out of his state of madness eventually, and when he does, that'll be when he brings the Governor down.

Mind you. I want one of the others to kill the Governor. Rick killing him would be way too...obvious.

9. Dead man walking

'If you read the comics' - no I haven't read the comics. Besides, this is a TV version of events and as I understand from the forum, things haven't exactly followed the comics to the letter so far, so it needn't go that way. So the comic version isn't an issue. While I understand his mental state can crop up now and again that's fair enough but let's not get carried away and spend 20 mins an episode on it. It's called the walking dead, not the 'Rick's losing it' show. I don't mind some moments but his wife in a wedding dress walking around in the prison, come on, let it be - it shouldn't turn out to be the focus of the show, that's my opinion, I stick by it.

10. PizzaBoy

PizzaBoy Member

Dude you sound childish. You were a dick to me, I let it slide, then you were a bigger dick to iamnotarobot who made very valid points without offending you.

What is that? "Oh don't cry when I insult you, is not my fault that I am an asshole." That is what you are saying. Grow up, and if all you have to say is stupid shit to people, then don't forget we can be dicks to you as well and you are not the only one that can throw insults around.

Back to topic:
    I don't like Rick because he is inconsistent and too dramatic for someone who should be fixing problems not creating them. I watch the show for the other characters. I kind of miss Shane since he would have gone crazy all over the Gov. I am also getting annoyed at how relaxed everyone is, the enemy can shoot at them at any time and they stand all exposed without tacking cover. Rick does the same; he should be warning them/training them since he was a cop.

#50 PizzaBoy, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  11. rabscuttle1

Don't give a shit. Be a dick all you want because it doesn't hurt my feelings. Can't insult someone who doesn't care. So once again, f*ck off and don't read my posts if you don't like them. I'm an asshole. Get over it.

12. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

C'mon guys...let's relax. Just stumbled on this. No need to fight...I have not read this thread, just seen last few posts.

13. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

Just do this, it seems to stop fights.....

[​IMG]

14. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Beth to the rescue

15. PizzaBoy

PizzaBoy Member

Yeah no need to fight. I just reported him to an Admin...

16. rhizin

rhizin Member

He is not supposed to be the likeable hero in this season. He is on the end of his rope after almost a year of being responsible for everything. Normally the group should take over now and give him a rest, force him too deal with his own issues, not solving every one else's problems. Lock him up a while if necessary. He does it himself when he wanders off into the woods, but too little too late and to short a time. Hershel tries a bit, but the rest just lunge around waiting for their leader to be back. But he can't just now. Which is just human. Those guys aren't superheros in a Marvel movie (well, even Stark had his PTSD).
    But this is only real. If you are the one everyone else expects to be the problemsolver, don't ever expect help from them when you need it most. Rick brought them all together and ended the constant bickering. They are closer together now, but they still can't decide anything without him. Making the decisions is the hardest job you can have, because you always know you can be wrong, and everything the goes amiss is your responsibilty.

#56 rhizin, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019