Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Interesting parallels

Discussion in 'Episode 312 - Clear' started by Tarnis, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Tarnis

Tarnis New Member

So while watching the first episode again today i noticed some interesting parallels for lack of a better word.

Rick was knocked out by morgans son duane. Morgan was knocked out by carl.

While rick was in the bed after waking up Morgan tell rick if he tries anything he will stab him, in this episode he sees rick as "trying something" and stabs him. Mind its not the same knife.

After rick woke up in the first episode morgan offered rick some clarity into what was going on in the world since he had been in a coma. When morgan wakes up after the stabby stabby rick offers clarity to morgan into his own state of mind, tho it doesnt last.

In both cases the person to wake up from the bed gives weapons to the person who was not in the bed.

This next one is more to do with carl and lori but i found it funny that when leaving home its implied that lori grabbed pictures first and upon returning home carls first action is to get a picture for little ass kicker. I found this kinda funny.

None of this is important i just wanted to point it out as a nice touch by the writers.

2. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Interesting, I like how Rick said "I'm sorry for what happened to you" to Morgan like he did to he bicycle walker in 1.01. Welcome by the way dude!

3. Tarnis

Tarnis New Member

Thanks for the welcome!

4. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

No probs :)

5. iheartnorman

iheartnorman Active Member

Hello and thanks for pointing these parallels out
    I'm currently reading the comics
    I think I will start re watching the first episode though

6. rhizin

rhizin Member

The important parallel is that they are both more or less insane. Rick could have easyly ended up where Morgan is, if he was alone. In a way Morgan explains to the viewer what goes on in Rick's head to an extend - and shows him what will become of him if he lets ever go. Rick slowly becomes better after that.
    And Michonne becomes someone he can relate to on his level, a partner, not a follower, maybe even more important.

#6 rhizin, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1