Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Black Dagger Brotherhood/The Black Dagger Legacy by JR Ward

Discussion in 'Horror Books' started by X-HUNTER, Feb 13, 2018.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Oh my! I have yet to purchase my iBook version of The Savior, but I read the transcript from the Cinci signing. Will do so eventually. More BDB is fine with me. I don’t know how well her fireman book sold. Maybe her publishers told her to stick with vamps, lol. I have been reading the Caldwell newsletter that comes out monthly. That’s cute and Fritz provides recipes! What’s not to like?

Devina and Butch? I’m not feeling that. I agree, where’s LASH??? Not fair to Marissa.

#41 purriwinkle, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Well, I finally got to read The Savior this holiday weekend. It was ok. I thought Sarah was a little too easy to accept everything as quickly as she did. There was no build up over one or two books so it felt rushed to me. I rather liked Mhurder. He had an casual way about him...not too stuffy or overly servile. Could be the twenty years being around human couples or the fact that he had some mental difficulties. I guess Doc Jane and Manny could use someone with Sarah’s abilities and good on them. Interesting that she, Mhurder and their new ward aren’t going to live in the mansion. Hmmmmm.....

What I didn’t care for was that we got Devina into this world before Lash. Maybe the Omega wouldn’t be having a recruiting issue if he let the son take the reins. I like the old premise of the Brotherhood fighting the Lessers. I’m not so sure about this shit from the Angels series becoming the new big bad. Not sorry about Throe though. He asked for it.

One other thing that made me raise an eyebrow was the mention that they were going to start inducting women into the Brotherhood. Nope. Doesn’t fit with the mythology of the world the WARDen created. JM was going to kill Mhurder when he saw Xhex and her ex embrace. Now, I have nothing against the women who want to be fighters joining as soldiers but can you imagine any brother or even Manny letting their bonded mates go through that initiation ceremony? Let’s not forget the participants are naked, and tnat they would have to drink the blood of the other males but I don’t think the bonded male would stand still while his mate was punched repeatedly with a spiked glove. What is WARDen thinking??? It’s like this last season of GoTS, doesn’t fit or make sense with everything we know about the characters and the world.

I’d like to see what they do with Jo Early because she’s Butch and Manny’s sister, but I don’t have much interest in any of the other peripheral characters. Could be coming to the end of the series for me. :(

3. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

I understand Jo Early's HEA is on the next book BDB book next year and it is SYN. The warden said there will be a warning placed on the book at some chapters may be disturbing to readers. There is also word that Devina will be revealed, Manny and Butch's father will make an appearance and also the two fallen angels (Adian and forget the name of the other) will be in the book.

As for the induction of women, there is no way in the BDB universe would bonded males allow their females to walk in naked and drink from other males unless you want bloodshed. I think at such a ceremony may be only females in the attendance and the blood exchange might only be with the bonded male. Something has to be different, in such a case all is not equal when it comes to male and female and I get what you are saying.

The last few books have been boring for me, aside from Blood Fury and The Chosen. Gone are the days of the earlier writing. I cannot remember when we had a good, hot sex scene, even that seems to have sizzle out. Have you read Blood Truth yet? I understand it is available at your library without wait so that should tell you something. I was not expecting much and it did not disappoint, a comfortable read, the best parts were interactions with Butch and V, V and Fritz, Havers and Butch and some others and of course a little about Syn. Don't rush.
    BDB is the only series I invest my time and money in, but the writing is not the same like earlier, like you, I keep looking out for a sign of a Lash comeback, I think the Warden realises she made a huge error in throwing Lash under under the bus as she did by writing him committing unforgiven crimes against Xhex, it may be difficult to have her fans accept him when she brings him back. I always thought redeeming such a character would be a mega hit, but that ship may have already sailed thanks to what she did to him. Lets just hope he does not come back an oil slick. Many of characters I am unable to connect with, I always wonder why we are not given some introduction to some of the characters as well as some daily interaction into their lives before just giving them a HEA status, surely the fans will appreciate and connect more with the characters. Before the Savior, we knew very little about Murdher and nothing about Sarah and boom they were placed together. I think if you want to dabble with other projects you would have to be like GRRM, a book every 10 years with super quality, a year doing so many projects just don't work. Hopefully the warden realises this, as she seems to have put other projects on the hold and just concentrate on the BDB writing, BTW there is going to another Legacy book next year August 2020 and it would be Rhage's half brother. Did not even know he had siblings. If it continues to go as it is, we can throw then throw in the towel, at least let us wait for the threesome between the twins and their female. :)

#43 X-HUNTER, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  4. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

@purriwinkle: According to my source it has been confirmed by the warden that LASH will be back in The Sinner. This book releases in April 2020. I have already made my pre-order! :)