Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is that it for the military?

Discussion in 'Episode 303 - Walk with Me' started by reddz95, Oct 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I really enjoyed that scene. 3 Adults armed with bludgeoning weapons (I remember a fire extinguisher and a frying pan) could not take town the two walkers and they ran back inside the building.

2. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

And a meat tenderizer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. DavidDavidaon

DavidDavidaon Active Member

Yeah, that was pretty comical.
    Honestly they had lots of stuff at their disposal, as I said earlier, makeshift spears would be the best.
    Stacking chairs into a near ceiling high barracade by the door, arming themselves with pole weapons and opening the door then spearing walkers that are stuck between a barricade and you would be the best way. There were two front doors IIRC too in the diner so if things went to suit you could just close the inner door, barricade it and then run out the back.
    Their plan to distract the walkers only worked well because of a McGuffin and McGuffins aren't the best when it comes to plot devices, it essentially shows that the writers had nothing else to use so they pulled something out of their ass to advance the plot.
    I've gotten to "the heist" thus far where they're at the outpost. At this point I'm starting to feel like the writers are trying to push the "men are rapists if given the chance" SJW narrative, I may be wrong though after Star Trek Discovery Netflix seems to be getting more and more politically charged; I miss the days when a TV show could simply be entertainment without pushing a political/moral statement. I've not gotten further however, I ordered a N3DS-XL (I originally got a vita thinking sony would corner the handheld market, the vita is by far a better console, it just has very few good games) and Ocarina of Time 3D so I've been reliving my childhood for the past two days. At least the New 3ds uses eye tracking so you don't have to hold the console in an unnatural position all the time to use the 3d mode.

I'll get back to watching black summer when I'm eating dinner. I'll probably post about it in the black summer thread as we/I have really derailed this thread, even if the OP is years old.

Edit: Been watching more of that episode. No military would turn their outpost into a nightclub. Movement would be heavily restricted. Mantraps (doors which require door A to be closed and locked before door B can be opened) would likely be in place (probably using chain link fencing, a chain link gate and a door) and alcohol (as well as other drugs) would be prohibited. It only takes one idiot to die of alcohol poisoning or to OD from another drug to jeopardise the entire community, which would be an issue in a population dense heap of corridors. Not to mention guards who aren't in the right frame of mind make for poor guards.
    As for the prostitution and (heavily suggested) rape; in the case of a disease outbreak that turns people into zombies and isn't fully understood, would you take your chances with someone selling their body? Would rape sound like a safe bet to a rapist even though rule of law has effectively collapsed; you don't know how the infection spreads, do you really want to be screwing someone who might be infected?

I know the directors are trying to show a more gritty zombie apocalypse, though Black Summer doesn't excel at much, every character seems to be scripted as dumb, except for Sun; who seems to have (somewhat of) a clue. Though even she pauses to look at a dead guy until he reanimates, even though she knows the dead come back to life.

#43 DavidDavidaon, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019