Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Issue 191 Discussion

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Series' started by Neuropyramidal, May 1, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Oh snap, Gilligan!!

Rick shot through the heart? Will he live on to become the martyr he needs to be????

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I don't think this is the end of Rick, but that wound is going to take some recovery time. Some skilled cardiothoracic surgeons are going to need to get on top of this. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some development in Carl/Michonne/Magna et al. in terms of their skills at leading a very large community, while Rick is out of commission for several comic issues.

I just don't see Spencer 2.0 as being Rick's ultimate demise. Doesn't sit well, and Kirkman has stated he wants the comic to go a minimum of 300 issues. He has stated Rick will not make it to the end, but this soon? 110 issues from the minimum proposed end? I don't think he has such a prolonged Rick-less comic in mind.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah will be interesting. Also didn't expect Rick to be killed off in a fashion like that but then again I didn't expect Andrea to be killed off by a zombie bite either. Rick may not officially die but I wouldn't be surprised if this ends the majority of his story in the comic and from here on out he will basically just sit back in his retirement house for the rest of his days.

I honestly think it could have worked for Rick to die though if they had kept Andrea alive. Then again that route was so obvious that Kirkman may not have wanted to do it. I am starting to think we are nearing another time skip soon and the comic will pick back up when Carl, Sophia, and maybe even Lydia are in their late teens or early twenties and ready to take on more leadership roles.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I didn't see that coming.