Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

You can see it in his acting too in that ridiculous scene where Euron comes up on the same beach Jaime is using to go through the secret passage. Coster-Waldau is all of us when he looks incredulously at Euron coming out of nowhere, and then he has a "this is so damn ridiculous" look when Euron is looking to fight him.

The actors have done such a good job that there have been a number of idiotic scenes that they've made more believable due to their taking ownership of if themselves and making the best of a bad situation.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Stealth

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Stealth

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I hear D&D are set to make a Star Wars Trilogy. I wonder how the ones that hired them to do that feel now. Is it too late for them to ditch D&D? I lost interest after the original trilogy so I really dont care if they make a mess of it but I know there are still many avid fans.
    I hear HBO wanted 10 seasons with 10 episodes each of GOT but D&D nixed it. Even with their crappy writing, they might have been able to flesh out story lines in a more satisfactory way. I was never crazy about Dany( I didnt love her but didnt hate her) so I didnt hate the fact they wanted to finish with her as mad queen. They needed to do a better buildup instead of hinting at possibility in early seasons and then poof instamadness. The white walker plot needed more too (after breaching the wall) and I talked about that before. Much more conversational stuff should have been happening too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I predict that Georgie Har Har will announce a release date for Winds of Winter directly following the series finale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I ****NG LOVED IT

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

8. Neuropyramidal

I think the very last shot, just for a few seconds, after Jon walked north through the woods, should have been a view of the ocean, with just a hint of land in the far distance, and Arya's face looking at it with amused interested.....

Like "hello... And what stories do YOU have to tell?"

• Like Like x 2
  9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Well that kind of... pointless?

• Like Like x 2
  10. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Stick them with the pointlessy end ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

While George R.R. Martin thinks it's "absurd" that he even has to address the latest "Game of Thrones" speculation, he's doing it anyway.

The author of the books that birthed the "Game of Thrones" television show took to his blog to shoot down a rumor that he's withholding the next two novels in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series until the HBO show ends.

"No, THE WINDS OF WINTER and A DREAM OF SPRING are not finished," Martin wrote in an entry headlined, "Idiocy on the Internet." "DREAM is not even begun; I am not going to start writing volume seven until I finish volume six."

The speculation apparently all started following reports former "Game of Thrones" actor Ian McElhinney claimed during a panel in April at Epic Con in St. Petersburg, Russia that Martin had finished the books, but had made a deal with the folks behind the hit HBO's show not to release them until the series concluded.

Martin said of the claim, "It seems absurd to me that I need to state this."

"It boggles me that anyone would believe this story, even for an instant," Martin wrote. "It makes not a whit of sense."

"Why would I sit for years on completed novels? Why would my publishers -- not just here in the US, but all around the world -- ever consent to this?" he continued. "They make millions and millions of dollars every time a new Ice & Fire book comes out, as do I."

Martin also said that delaying his books would not be in the best interest of HBO. (HBO and CNN share parent company WarnerMedia.)

"Why would HBO want the books delayed?" Martin wrote. "The books help create interest in the show, just as the show creates interest in the books."

Martin also took the opportunity to deny the rumor that he hates the character Bronn and/or the actor who portrays him, Jerome Flynn, calling it "Total bulls**t."

"I created Bronn, so it would be immodest of me to say he's a terrific character... but what the hell, he's a terrific character, and my readers will definitely be seeing more of him in the books to come," Martin said. "And Jerome Flynn has been just WONDERFUL. It's been a honor to work with him. He's done a marvelous job of bringing Bronn to life."

"Game of Thrones" ends its run this season.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/14/entertainment/george-martin-game-thrones/

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Stealth

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Stealth

Such great writing:

• Grey Worm is executing surrendered Lannister soldiers at the start of the episode and then doesn't kill Jon after he kills Dany
    • In episode 5 Jaime and Cersei are in the basement of the Red Keep. They showed the entire floor above them collapsing. In the finale Tyrion finds their bodies in a small pile of rubble.
    • Two armies that knew nothing in life but war, the Dothraki and Unsullied, would've been totally cool with their Queen being killed. All they wanted to do was to return to Essos in peace because they are gentle souls.
    • Grey Worm sails away but Jon still has to go to the wall because I guess Grey Worm will be bringing his armies west and doing periodic checks of Westeros to make sure Jon isn't around.
    • Drogon burns the Iron Throne
    • Jon babbling to Tyrion how Dany was justified in committing genocide in the city, just so they could have contrived doubt about him killing her in the throne room.
    • This creeper dude says he's no longer Bran Stark. We don't really understand what he is, and he keeps saying he's the Three Eyed Raven. What the hell is that? But let's name him king!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Me too! In fact there are a lot of people who loved it!

For me, Jon going back into the "real" north with Tormund and the rest of the Wildlings was the bittersweet part. The north is the only place Jon was truly happy, and I think if it wasn't for his vow to the Night's Watch he would have stayed with the Wildlings from the beginning. So going back there, with Ghost, is the only place he will be happy. The Stark children saying good-bye to each other broke my heart.

Sansa aka/Cersi Jr. is conniving. Her sitting there saying Bran didn't want the crown, he can't have children etc. got my back up. If they had offered her the crown she would have been all over it.

Arya is an adventurer, so she would not have wanted the crown if they had offered it to her. Arya wants to see the world, and that is what she is going to do.

I think the council came to the only conclusion that they could have.

#7954 southernlady, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  15. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I thought it was Martin that wanted the 10 seasons. At any rate I do feel the fans were cheated. It would have gone over a lot better if D&D had developed the story properly.

#7955 southernlady, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

There definitely are "dragon seeds" out there and more Roberts bastards and anyone else in power.... ohhh men haha
    In the beginning, yes (As in aegon the conqueror). Then eventually it was like an unwritten write of passage that the Targaryens got in their head, like he who rules must marry his sister or aunt or niece or something. Quite a few times the Targaryen king tried to marry of an heir or daughter to someone to strengthen the house with allies, only to have the "betrothed" Targaryen run off with there brother or uncle, or they "bed" them, and have it known, and all other top level suiters back off. It actually contributed to their ultimate demise (Lose of dragons (that'll do it), ineffective leaders, civil war, lack of reliable allies, etc)

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

For what it's worth I thought the last like, 10 minutes were really nice. I'm happy Sansa was Queen in the North, Arya got to leave and explore like she wanted, and Jon left north of the wall.

But there's so much that frustrates me. What was the point of the R+L=J twist if it meant nothing once the secret was out? It made Dany angry, that's about it. Jon never had anyone's allegiance because of it. It never played into the plot at all.

What the hell is a three eyed raven and why was Bran's journey important at all? What's the point of his powers? Why was Hodor's (and many others) life purpose to save Bran?

Why did Arya train with the faceless men and gain this new skill for nothing to come of it after killing the Freys?

Between this and just how lackluster and unearned the big moments were, it just seems like the producers gave up in the last few episodes.

That said, an ending that doesn't satisfy in the slightest or even make sense doesn't ruin the legacy the show has deserved. It's still one of the all time greats and I'm definitely watching from the beginning again. And hoping the books can deliver a more deserving end.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

After reading the leaks, I thought I was all ready to see Jon Snow stab an unarmed woman, but no, especially as the dragon came in and started nudging her like a dog. Heartbreaking! At one point I thought the dragon was going to roast Jon, which would have been alright by me, but he missed and hit the IT instead. Darn!

So this is what good, decent Jon was brought back for? To do the dirty work for the Starks while they reap the rewards of the realm and he is hauled back up to the wall to live with the wildlings and pet his imaginary wolf? There is nothing bittersweet about this, I will say it is more tragic. He will forever live in doubt as to if he did the right thing by killing Daenerys and as Alliser Thorne once told him about 3 seasons ago, he would never find peace while fighting for the wildlings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

This is where book and series differ substantially. We have been introduced bookwise to two other Baratheon bastards out there besides Gendry. Are there more? Who knows, maybe.

As for the Targaryen seeds. There is one more Targ from Aery's line who was never introduced in the series. The other seeds would have to be descendants of King Aegon the Unworthy's bastards(of which there were many), whom he legitimized , leading to the Blackfyre rebellion.

Be that as it may, don't you agree they married each other to keep the blood lines of Old Valyaria pure? In Blood and Fire in the very first chapter it states:
    "The Targaryens were of pure Valyrian blood, dragonlords of ancient lineage."
    In the early days at least, they also intermarried with the Velaryons of Driftmark who were descended from a lesser house of Valyaria. I think they thought they were somehow better in some ways then the Westerosi. Well, they had dragons at any rate. If it took someone with Valyarian genes to master the beasts, is it any wonder they didn't want to dilute that blood too much? Once the dragons were gone, maybe they did it in the hopes that one day they would return. There certainly were a few dragon eggs around, and sure enough Dany was able to restore the species.

I got from the reading that often times there were true bonds between the siblings and sometimes not. Like any other family they had their moments of dysfunction but when it was working it was pretty good. The "madness" could have been from interbreeding but not everyone was mad. I will agree that Aery's excessive paranoia and cruelty led to the demise of their house but it might have played out quite differently if Rhaegar had lived to take over for his father.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1