Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Gaslighting! Remake the world in your own image.

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

If the resale value is down, he won't make as much money on the sale, right? If he buys a big plot of land and builds 20 houses, overall, he loses with lower values on everything, so not a motivation for a developer as the cost of the land in the end would get passed on to the purchaser..

4. Morgotha

Manafort got sentenced for tax crimes he committed before Trump, and that was Trump's fault?

• Like Like x 1
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I’m still trying to figure out what that is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PepperAnn

I voted that “winner”. Sigh you really should visit the site on your phone instead of tapatalk. Lol

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

In North Carolina, once a rapist enters a woman’s body, it is defined as consensual.
    I say women start using their 2nd Amendment (which Republican men love) and start using it against their rapists.

The truth is out there

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. PepperAnn

WOWWWWW

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Morgotha

On that Missouri rep.Hovis, he was a former cop, and I assumed he was saying, "my" etc. meaning cases he worked on. I would never dream people would believe he was referring to rapes he actually committed.

10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

That's so insane, I had to double check. Yep.

In almost every state, no means no. Except in North Carolina, where no means ... that depends.

North Carolina law is pretty much the same as every other state when one party tells the other, “No, I don’t want to have sex.” Failure to heed that refusal is sexual assault.

In 49 states, the law is the same even after a sex act has begun. If one party says no, it still means no, and failure to stop immediately is still a crime.

But not in North Carolina, where a four-decade-old legal precedent says once a sex act has begun, no means nothing and the other party may continue.

That’s hardly in keeping with contemporary morality or the law anywhere else. It’s a benighted view of sex, rooted in the customs and behavior of a long-ago culture that hardly exists in 2019 — except, perhaps, in the North Carolina Senate, where legislation that would change that horrific hangover from the past appears to have died in a committee.

Senate Bill 563 was written to close the legal loophole and align North Carolina’s rape laws with the rest of the nation’s. The bill had 12 co-sponsors but never got a hearing before the legislature’s “crossover” deadline, by which bills must have been passed by their originating branch and passed over to the other one. State Sen. Jeff Jackson, a Mecklenburg Democrat, was one of the bill’s co-sponsors. His legislative assistant told a reporter from Carolina Public Press last week that, “It doesn’t look like it’s going to move. Sen. Jackson has not been given a clear reason why. We’re still going to try and find a way to get it done.” Democratic Sen. Kirk deViere of Fayetteville is also a co-sponsor of the bill.

Other bills that shore up the state’s sexual assault laws have had better success in this session. That includes a House bill that makes it illegal to have sex with an incapacitated person — even if the person is incapacitated by his or her own actions, such as drinking. The bill also makes it a crime to tamper with someone’s drink. The legislation passed the House unanimously.

One of that bill’s sponsors, Rep. Chaz Beasley, a Mecklenburg Democrat, said he was pleased to see that the legislation had such overwhelming support. “We are starting to see the tide change,” Beasley said, “and people are much more willing to make our sexual assault laws better. I remain hopeful that our bill will pass the Senate and make it to the governor’s desk, but we have to keep working and we have to keep pushing.”

That legislation, House Bill 393, has so far had the same success in the Senate as the say-no bill did: It passed on first reading and was referred to the Committee on Rules and Operations of the Senate. That’s where the remains of Senate Bill 563 appear to be interred. It’s in the state’s best interests if House Bill 393 doesn’t suffer the same fate.

It is, after all, the 21st century, the era of #MeToo movement, which has inspired reform in rape and sexual assault laws across the country. We hope the leadership in the N.C. Senate is aware enough and smart enough to understand that their constituents are living in a new time, with new rules of morality and sexual conduct.

It’s long past time for North Carolina to join the 49 other states in declaring that there are no asterisks, footnotes or loopholes: No always means no.

https://www.fayobserver.com/opinion...e-for-nc-to-join-49-other-states-in-rape-laws

(from 14 hours ago) (See the link in the first sentence. This law applies when sex is initially consensual. If they guy becomes brutal and you realize this has gone very bad, you have no authority to stop him. He can do anything he wants to do to you.)

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

12. Sharpie61

The first GOP congressman to call for impeachment. This is what he had to say on twitter.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The truth is out there

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Sharpie61

• Like Like x 1
  14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lindigo

[​IMG]

16. Sharpie61

He read the report, as I did. Even with it having a lot of redacting, it plainly showed Trump committed obstruction 10 times. Which is why Mueller turned it over to Congress. As Amass said, anyone else would have been behind bars because of it. That Manning broad being a perfect example. She obstructed and went to prison the next day.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lindigo

I sent him my thanks for his honor and love of country. For his courage and intelligence. For the hard work he and his staff did in analyzing the facts. He secured a shining legacy for being the first Republican to point out the obvious of what Trump and Barr did and what the remedy is. I love this guy. I never heard of him before today, but I have so much respect for him now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

20. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Only if it goes down during development. If he is building housing, lower purchase price means lower carrying costs, smaller loans and lower taxes. His profit is the difference between investment and sale price. That profit margin wouldn’t shrink. If he builds a hotel or golf course, lower taxes and insurance is a long term win. Remember he is in this for himself. Any consequence, positive or negative, to you is incidental.

Saying Stuff and Thangs