Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

ABC cancels Whiskey Cavalier show

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by VenomGA, May 12, 2019.

1. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

How long before Maggie is back on TWD since ABC has cancelled new show Whiskey Cavalier before the first season is even over. It will be good to have Lauren Cohan back.

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

ABC cancelled Whiskey Cavalier, but the show's being shopped to other networks, so there's a chance it may be picked up somewhere else.

Lauren made AMC look bad during her contract dispute, so I'm worried that if she does return to TWD, she won't be cast in a positive light.

3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised the show was cancelled.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I didn't even care to find out what network it was on. :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It could be picked up somewhere else, but this is a big red flag for the show's instability, and hopefully will convince Lauren to come on back home, baby.

• Like Like x 2
  6. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

They should only take her back to off her with proper closing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rapscallion

I demand someone check the DVR ratings. ;)

Anyway, I think Whiskey Cavalier tried to be a light action/drama show in an era of grim and sensationalism TV, but the lead actor was bad and the actor playing his bumbling supervisor was worse. At least Lauren got to be in something that wasn't related to TWD.

8. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

outside of the first episode, the show was not bad. I agree the lead actor and the guy in charge of the team are both not great actors.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Not knowing the behind the scenes between Lauren and AMC, we can only speculate based on rumors and "leaks". Now that would be irresponsible, which is exactly why I'm going to do it. I don't know these people.

It seems like AMC wasn't offering her the money she wanted, knowing Maggie was a core character and the show was already losing two core characters, I bet she played her hard hard. She figured AMC needed her more than she needed AMC. AMC balked and she started looking for work.

Now that the foot is on the other shoe and AMC has the upper hand, I would expect them to play their hand hard. The ratings and reviews tell AMC that they don't need Lauren, and having a series canceled and no other work in the pipeline, Lauren needs AMC more than AMC needs her. So I could see a limited role going forward, perhaps back half of the season, to write in an exit for Maggie.

Or I'm just being frisky and the truth is Lauren was always planning on coming back at the tail end of s10 when the Commonwealth is introduced.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PepperAnn

Meh, I am leaning more toward your first idea.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I watched one episode by accident. It was pure coincidence that I happened upon the show while flipping channels. I stopped because I noticed Lauren. Then I watched for about 15 minutes. Then I proceeded to look for something better to watch.

I'd like to think that the network directly monitored my activity and decided to cancel the show based on what I (and probably thousands of other people) did.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

And here I thought I was rambling, incoherently as usual. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Rapscallion

#13 Rapscallion, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Smeh. At this point I am okay if Maggie is never seen again. I liked the character, but this will she won't she has worn me out and now I just don't care.

Maggie no longer has her immediate family. She left with ties between Hilltop and Alexandria being strained and we know there is no love lost between her and Michonne (from Maggie's POV). Jesus is dead. Tara is dead. Enid is dead. Sasha died in season 8. The people (outside of baby Hersh) that she was closest to are all dead. I just do not see Maggie having anyone of deep importance, strong emotional ties, to her at this point to re-join Hilltop

A loss for the show? On some level I suppose BUT from where I sit, losing Connie would be a far greater loss than losing Maggie

And a character like Yumiko could prove to be a more interesting leader for Hilltop

A co-leadership with Ezekiel perhaps

Truly make it Kingtop!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. PepperAnn

You know what? As much as I loved Maggie, after reading this post, I agree. There is really not much she can bring at this point. Her storyline from all character perspectives is dead. Unless they bring something new with her, but even that would pretty much make her a "new character". I am fine if she doesn't come back either.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oshawott

Oshawott New Member

While I agree that Maggie's character feels somewhat irrelevant now that she pretty much got closure with Negan, I still think she should return if only because she's one of the few characters from the earlier seasons who is still alive. What with Michonne leaving the show next season, I don't think the series can afford to write Maggie off completely since they've lost pretty much all of the show's big stars, and God knows that the newer characters aren't picking up the slack.

17. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

18. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I feel like they can really entice her to come back. With Andy gone and Danai leaving soon, they could promise to make her co-lead with Norman

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think she will be back for sure. Lauren was saying she think's Maggie's story isn't done yet, even before Whiskey was cancelled. I'd be very surprised if we don't see her again. How long she remains is another matter.

20. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

If she comes back , I hope the first scene is her hiding under a dumpster cavalierly drinking a bottle of whiskey.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1