Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Appreciation and crap - rate it if you will

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Humbug's Gulch' started by NakedCity, Jun 17, 2019.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I am gonna try for a third time to actually finish it now. Lol

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ugh.........I hate you

Not really

:D

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I do believe the SA split was stupid a.f
    I mean seriously, there is NO WAY.
    But it was kind of cool in that Hollywood heroics kind of way, like took me back to when I was a kid and we'd watch the craziest things back on 70's TV and for some reason I could believe it was real...
    Couldn't quite bring myself to that point here, but I can let it be.

The bit with Dwight I really enjoyed because just for once it wasn't spoiled four hundred seventeen times and six months in advance by every ignorant poster who can't seem to stop themselves from blarging out every secret ... Which is another reason I actually enjoy this dead forum, less chance of someone OOOPS I FORGOT no... They didn't forget... They didn't even THINK to put spoiler tags around the little spoiler.

So I was like...
    Dwight, is that you?
    And then...
    Dwight!!!
    OMG!!!

I do think the suicide bit was a slight overdone but oh well, the char was awesome.
    Bit put off with the kids pulling the stupid shyte, but it will be a good storyline for the next epis.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This episode kind of reminded me of something the X Files would do from time to time with a lighter, comedic style episode. The only problem is I don't think that was their intention.

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

My rating (And thus far, it's looking like I may need to use this again in 5a, so I'll be saving the image);
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I thought the episode was cool! I’m glad they got the Western centric episode out of the way finally lol though it was a cool location to visit and fit in nicely with the story/John’s past. The SA split was ridiculous but it’s okay I won’t let it ruin the episode lol. Though I was wondering if Dwight was holding it up with the shoulder he got shot at hours earlier? Lol.

Other than that, there episode wasn’t bad. Excited to see Dwight part of the group now and him as a good guy finally versus a bad boy Savior turned defector. I hope we run into Sherry (alive!) this season. Maybe she’s captured by the people who took Althea? I understood his despair when he realized the van was taken from somewhere else and how difficult it may be to get on track to find Sherry’s next clue.

The Dwight Morgan reunion was a little cute. I was smiling at them just like June was in the background.

How about those kids though?! The hell?! Maybe they’re trying to protect like their camp of kids (survivors of a school or field trip after the adults died?) I’m intrigued by who these juveniles are. Are Annie, Max, and Dylan even related? And when will we see
    The ones from the trailer/promo.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

You mean there are
    ......ugh

UGH seems to be a "word" I am using a lot this season

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I liked this episode. Maybe that's just because it was so much less tedious than the first two.
    It had some good scenes and a lot less stupidity than normal. OK. There was still some stupidity, but it wouldn't be FTWD without it at this point I guess.
    I loved the ridiculous trick shot. Completely ludicrous, but fun.
    It's hard to believe that the old west town was still stocked with weapons and food. It appears as if this particular area doesn't have a lot of the living left in it, so maybe? But it just seems unlikely this far into the apocalypse.
    Loved seeing Dwight. That alone made the episode better than the last two.
    What's with these crazy kids though?
    If they're the ones putting up the dead barriers, are we supposed to believe that they also killed the ones outside of the truck stop and put their heads on the billboard? Or is that supposed to be the armored three ring group?
    The kids radio chatter about not letting "them" know where they are…. was that all part of some plan to trick Alicia and the group or a reference to the soldier guys or ?????
    I just can't suspend belief enough to believe that a small group of children are herding up so many of the dead and stringing them together on their own. But if there are adults with them, they probably wouldn't be out alone driving vans and making barriers out of zombie guts.
    Whatever they're up to, I get the idea that the youngest one may not be all in on it. He probably wasn't their best choice to leave behind to infiltrate the group. Hopefully he'll quickly flip and tell them what the hell is going on.
    Since it's the first episode of this season where I didn't contemplate throwing the TV out the window, I'll give it an 8.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I LOVED the San Antonio Split. Did you poor souls never watch Robin Hood at 4:00 every afternoon after school?!? He split arrows down the middle quite often. Because that's what heroes do. :)

I loved how they set it up: Letting us hear the name but not know what it is. Then John saying that was only the second time he ever pulled that off, so we don't expect to see it again. But, yes, folks, that's how good John is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I know that I am jaded when it comes to this series. Thank you season 4 for making that happen :mad:

And while most are fans of John Dorie I tend to cringe when he is in a scene. That golly gee shucks shtick irks me to no end.

So naturally I did a deep AF eye roll in regard to the trick shot.

I found it too damn far fetched that (1) Dwight was the correct distance from John along with holding the ax exactly as needed and (2) that the ax was the correct height needed in order for the bullets to hit the blade AND (3) simultaneously kill 2 walkers that just happened to both be in the exact spots needed in order for this trick shot to be successful. Not to mention the wind and dust miraculously not factoring into said success of the trick shot

And NO I do not have to suspend belief here. I get it, zombies walking the earth - unrealistic. But that OUT of having to suspend belief for every tactic used because the show has zombies is relied upon far too often to explain away some of the ridiculous stunts. A more believable plan of rescuing Dwight could have been used. At times there is a necessity for suspension. But in this instance simplicity should have been the rule rather than the exception.

This show, this season, seems to be leaning heavily into the ridiculous. I am hoping that in the next episode or two some course correction takes place and we can get on with telling a story about characters rather then about caricatures

And Robin Hood on tv? Everyday? I never knew that Robin Hood was ever a series.

My favorite incarnation of Robin Hood:
    [​IMG]

Second place:
    [​IMG]

Third place:
    [​IMG]

#30 Dnae, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Ahah, you really felt the need to explain why that trick shot wasn't realist? As for me, I just didn't think a bullet could be cut in half by a blade, but I stand corrected

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lindigo

14. Lindigo

No excuse for teletubbies and Robin Hood being in the same clip, lol, but this has scenes from the show. I never realized Robin Hood's tunic had been bedazzled with metal studs. lol

15. Lindigo

Funny commercial that wouldn't have run in America, I don't think.

16. naossano

naossano Member

Did Dwight and Morgan ever appeared on screen together in the seasons 6-8 of the Walking dead ? There was something very off in their "reunion"...

• Like Like x 1
  17. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

If memory serves, they didn't. Also welcome to the forum!

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

WELCOME!!!!!
    [​IMG]

and in answer to your question.....
    I think they may have looked at one another in the aftermath of the battle on the hill in the season 8 finale. Maybe they saw one another in passing at time or two but I do not believe that they interacted with one another

• Like Like x 3
  19. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

It seems so! Take a look at this teaser:
    I think it’s from before the season started. But
    so I’m not sure what’s going on but I like it!

20. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Was decent, John Dorier reminds me of a uncorrupted Rick Grimes, but even MORE of a good guy. The way he said "used to be a cop". Could he be the replacement for Rick in the main show eventually? Following Dwight and Morgan "back".

• Like Like x 1