Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

So some man down in Texas was stopped by a 72 year old greeter at Walmart and told he needed to pay for his case of gatorade. The man then punched him in the face hard enough to make him pass out. The attacker is out on $1000 dollars bail for the crime of "injuring the elderly". No charges of theft from Walmart.

So if you're a greeter and someone steals something, if Walmart isn't going to press charges anyway, why try and stop them? What are you getting beat up for?

https://abc7chicago.com/man-punches-72-year-old-walmart-greeter-in-the-face/5352865/

2. Morgotha

3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Well the Muslims in Philadelphia are. And probably all people of color because if you're racist against one group of people it generally spreads to others.

There is no place for racists in the police force of ANY city. Ever. In their personal or professional lives.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Morgotha

I wasn't aware that "Muslim" was a race.

And just so I understand your POV, if a police officer said something like "those Muslims in the Middle east are killing each other again, it seems like that's all they ever do" - they should be removed from the police force?

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Yes, Morgotha, that's clearly exactly what I meant. You have me dead to rights.

[​IMG]

Next time I forget and actually respond to Morgotha in any way at all expecting a reasonable answer, someone please slap me.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Damn fat fingers.

7. Morgotha

Next time you post make sense and people won't misunderstand you. "Muslim" not being a race is important. You can tell by looking at someone if they are black, white, Asian, etc., you can NOT tell what religion they are. IOW, a police officer's making jokes or whatever about Muslims or Catholics or whatever to their friends on social media doesn't immediately show them to be a bad police officer that ought to be removed.

LOL, I'm sure you disagree. Better to have NO cops out there, right?

8. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Sounds like those Philly police were not only racist against skin color, but a religion that is not their own.

The truth is out there

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. PepperAnn

Which is clearly what @tink meant. LOL

10. Morgotha

So judging by their police commissioner, are you saying the police are anti-white racists in Philly?

[​IMG]

My point is that Philly has just taken over a percent of their police officers off the street for things they said in their social media accounts, NOT because of their behavior on the job. Add in people taking vacation, etc., that's going to be felt in the city. Is it worth it?

Did any of these cops actually DO anything bad while on the job? Not that we've heard of. I know if I called the police in Philly and no one showed up, I'd be pretty upset. I think I'd rather have someone show up who didn't like me than no one at all -but that's just me.

11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

If they are displaying hatred towards certain people on social media, do you really think that hatred stops on the job?
    And for you to say you would rather have someone who hates you to show up, is not really safe for you now is it.

The truth is out there

12. Morgotha

If someone is spewing "frothing at the mouth" -type hatred, then "yes" they should be removed. Is that what all these people were doing?

Or were they cracking ethnic jokes, dark humor, etc.? P.C sensitivity is great and all, but if someone's job is literally putting their life on the line on a daily basis, I'd think they should be cut a little slack. IMO, it's better to let them vent in this fashion than to have them drinking, taking it out on their families, etc.

Oh, and on the cop showing up, I wouldn't be CALLING the police unless there was something bad happening to me, so I'd rather have *someone* show up than no one. Wouldn't YOU?

13. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

This is common enough that there are code of conduct rules even on personal social media accounts. I had a job that explicitly said it can not embarrass the company in any way on social media. Teachers, cops and military personnel are regularly getting popped for this. They cant pretend they didnt know anymore. Everytime it happens you can bet a memo goes out at every major PD by the legal dept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. PepperAnn

Quote from the people that put them off active duty:

"When a police officer's integrity is compromised in this manner, it compromises the entire criminal justice system and our overall ability to pursue justice," Gardner said in the release. "After careful examination of the underlying bias contained in those social media posts, we have concluded that this bias would likely influence an officer's ability to perform his or her duties in an unbiased manner."

Also:

Ross said that these posts are "disturbing, disappointing and upsetting."

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Morgotha

If they were saying things in uniform on the police website, they should be shown the door.

I also agree in the sense that they should have "known better" than to believe they could express themselves on their own time and not have it come back to them.

LOL, I am sad that what living in a "free country" means at this point is "say things anonymously and hope you don't get caught". I'd bet our founders would have trouble differentiating America today from the USSR.

17. Morgotha

Yes, I'm sure that after spending 30 years dealing with the end results of meth addiction, homicides, rapes, domestic abuse, etc., he's EXTREMELY shocked, outraged, and offended about some cop posting about Muslims.:rolleyes:

Heck, I'd bet that in comparison, that cop's posting is keeping him up at night!

18. Morgotha

19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

This is my favorite. A Christian group created a petition to get Netflix to cancel showing the series 'Good Omens' because it offends them:

https://www.newsweek.com/good-omens-netflix-petition-1444973

So they have completely misunderstood the series (based on never having seen it). How do I know they've never seen it? It's on Amazon Prime, not Netflix.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Morgotha

Yep. Pretty silly. OTOH, at least they aren't killing people or blowing up buildings because of it.