Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

504 Skidmark - Leave your own mark

Discussion in 'Episode 504 - Skidmark' started by Dnae, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

*sigh* I watched the episode yesterday.

The best bits:

The cat

The previews for next week's episode.

As to the rest of the episode:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I reserve the right to change my mind in regard to the above gif.

Because the reality is that I have SO much to say but am biting my tongue out of respect for those who will want to watch the episode without spoilers

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Good, then I don’t feel so bad about DVRing it, and watching it tomorrow.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Looks like it doesn't even have its own subsection yet.

Well, today something happened to me that has never happened during the entire Walking Dead franchise. I completely forgot the episode was on tonight and actually had plans to watch a netflix movie until 5 minutes ago when I was browsing facebook and saw a post reminding me it was on tonight. First time that's ever happened. Probably not a great sign. Fairly strange because I'm finding this season an improvement over 4B.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Skidmark - the actual cat gets a 10 out of 10

The preview for next week gets a whopping 7 out of 10 .it actually appears that a decent episode just might be on the horizon.

If so, then all I have to say is neener neener to all those who could not believe I actually like Althea.
    [​IMG]
    The episode itself, 504, gets a 4 from me. Everyone knows how to fly a plane. Eye roll moment with Dylan giving Luciana the pep talk that if a fictional pilot in a children's book can repair HIS downed plane then certainly the group of misfits can give it the ol college try and be just as successful as the book's pilot. And I suppose they are going to seek out a Small Plane Repair for Dummies book and learn how to do that AND find all the parts needed for said repair in an obviously middle of nowhere, once upon a time no doubt hipster antique shopping, fair trade coffee shop, once upon a time boho chic, little town somewhere in Texas (yeah, I'm looking at you Fredricksburg).
    [​IMG]

Docking points for Dylan asking Luciana to tell him what the book was about. I actually yelled "read the damn book kid". Cheap way to spoon feed the plot of that book to the viewer.

Nothing in this episode was a surprise or an OMG moment. Saw the propeller kill a mile away. Surprised the walkers did not figure it out and turn around to save the take down for another day. Daniel leaves....yet again. SURPRISE! Three ring helicopter appears - again, not surprised nor taken aback (and nope I did not read any spoilers). It was bound to happen.

The group of kids? UGH. I hope that story arc meets an end and SOON! I love Judith. I like Charlie. But these kids? That one girl looks as though she were raised by that woman who drives the truck.
    [​IMG]
    And I am unable to separate the actor playing Dylan from the actor who played Sam. I could not stand Sam and that disdain has transferred to this kid.

I do give points to Alicia and Morgan. I still enjoy their moments together.

I give points to Charlie. I like a kid in the apocalypse who is not whiney. I do not like whining. Bitching is okay. Whining is not okay. Charlie seems capable of taking care of herself.
    I give the okay for Morgan and Dwight to add her to the list of those it is okay to bring with them when they return to Alexandria.
    [​IMG]
    Points to Skidmark the cat because, well, I love cats.

Points given in regard to the tin that Daniel packed away in his go bag. What is in that tin? It was shown at the beginning of the episode just prior to Daniel and Skidmark sitting down for their meal. On the lid was printed abanicos. As far as I can tell translates to fans. *shrug* Not losing any sleep over it but I am a bit curious if the printed label on the tin has any significance with what is inside of the tin.

#6 Dnae, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I still haven't finished last week. LOL

8. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I thought this epi was decent (of course if I'm comparing it to the whole of FTWD, that's not a very high bar).

Just a couple of things that stuck out to me - I can believe zombies before I can believe a fully trained cat!!

Cats are all like:
    [​IMG]

Suspension of disbelief doesn't/can't explain/cover that.

Walkers vs propellers; Why, why, WHY???? You're in two LARGE trucks - safe. Why risk destroying the thing you soooohooohooohh desperately need to "help your friends"..... That's right up there with allowing yourself to get surrounded outside the ballpark.

How to the writers/directors think some of these scenes make any kind of sense?!?

I hate that I'm becoming so jaded toward this show, but it's just starting to feel like a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Let me tell you a story about myself. I took drum lessons for two years when I was around 7 years old. I owned drums on and off over the years and when we bought this new house 7 years ago I bought my dream set. I also bought a guitar, bass, and double amp. My garage looks like I'm either a monster musician or I'm actually 30 years younger and starting a garage band. The thing is, I'm not good at any of these instruments. I know some power chords and basic riffs, I keep great time but lack the skill on the drums. So I know enough to sort of make sounds that resemble music. I can sit here right now and come up with some great riffs in my head, I can also arrange the music in my head by adding a bass line and a solid drum beat. Problem is when I sit down to put what is in my head to actual instruments, it doesn't come out the way it sounds in my head. Basically I can imagine some great music, I just can't actually get it out of me even with all these tools at my disposal.

I say all that to say this, me and the show runners and writers since season 4 are one in the same. They can imagine a great story, they just can't get it out of them. They have all the tools they need, a decent budget, a studio and FX company, and a well known, popular property to work with. They just can't seem to get it together. In their heads it all sounds amazing, they just can't seem to get it on film.

Daniel: I'm not going to help you.......ok, take everything you need including my plane and supplies.

Strand: I just want the plane to go rescue my friends......ok, I'll destroy the plane in order to save a guy who doesn't want to help me anyway. I'm sure that will make up for all the bad shit I did. Sorry Luciana, Morgan, Al, and Alicia.

Charlie: I will do whatever I can to help get the plane so we can rescue our friends, one who I screwed over big time.......hey Daniel, can I go with you on some random adventure?

Skidmark: Meow........bark.

Here's a question I keep asking myself: WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY JUST DRIVE THE EFF AWAY!?!? Nick and Alicia, plenty of open places to drive, maybe drive the 50 feet to rescue Madison. No, we'll just sit here until we are surrounded.

Daniel, we are slowly driving the horde back to my secure location.....much better idea than simply stepping on the gas and driving away. They are walking at like .3 MPH, that truck will do 80mph easy, they would be out of sight in a matter of seconds. Horde will get distracted, not make it to the secure location.

Trucker guy and girl (can't remember their names, probably something stupid). We are in an armored car, instead of having Daniel climb on board or quickly crawl to the other side so we can drive away....let's sit here until we are surrounded.

I have an offer for the writers, you take my instruments and I'll take your show. Maybe we both can find better uses for each other's failed attempts.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

And let's be honest, the only reason we are looking forward to next weeks episode is to find out more about the people who took Rick. This show was a prequel to TWD universe....now it's literally a prequel to TWD.

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have no excuse. I watch each week hoping they do NOT drag Rick's story down any more than they have. I do wish that Angela Kang was the one overseeing his movies

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. PepperAnn

Well aside from the stupid crap.....all that work just to kill the plane???.....I actually enjoyed this episode. Especially the propellor kills. That cracked me the eff up.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping these writers were given specific instructions when it came to the three rings group. I can't imagine Gimple would allow them to have free reign over that aspect of the story, since it directly connects to the Grimes movies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. PepperAnn

Now it’s just novelty. :eek:

15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Now it appears as if they're going to fix the plane that they crashed. That would be an extremely difficult task under normal circumstances, let alone in the apocalypse. So why isn't their next plan to just get vehicles and drive out of there? Morgan and Dwight just crossed half the country to get to Texas. And how far away are they from Strand now, just a couple hundred miles or so? I just don't get it. Besides who the hell would want to get into that crashed plane after it's "fixed" and fly it again. That presents no risks at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

All they need is to have this guy wander into the FTWD universe!!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Fortunately I didn't struggle not falling asleep, but that's only because I wasn't really tired.

The episode once again had that mind numbing endlessness of all this humming and drumming, kind of like... Not sure exactly how to describe it but it feels like being snowed, like back in the old days when TV's would go into 'snow' mode and static would come through the speakers and just put you right to sleep.

There were a few good parts, like with the traps...
    Also outside with the kids, except (as was mentioned) it's kids...
    That part was a lot like Children of the Corn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. PepperAnn

LOL funny thing is, I cringed when he started the plane before it ate walker guts. That propeller didn't look very stable before it was killed. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Forgot to say that.

Strand: the plane is damaged beyond repair.

Kid: He should just fix it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I think the kid's plan was even more stupid: repairing the first plane they came with, like in the book.

I really thought nothing of this. Was there something in the trailer for next episode that suggested they'd go that way? I thought 'dumb kid, dumb Luciana', and not that they'd try to repair a plane.My guess is Strand will find another way to get there (and that we will never know why they didn't just leave the area by themselves).

#20 NakedCity, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019