Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Alicia

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Still Standing' started by Lindigo, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Not dying. Next. :)

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I remember way back to FTWD S1, when Alicia was the "smart one" of the Clark kids, even if somewhat naïve (in S2 she lead the pirates to Strand's yacht). I figured after the losses of her brother and mother, she'd mature a bit more and become the group's leader, but Morgan took over.:(

4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I don't think she'd be remembered as the "smart one". Maybe the "hot one". :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I don't know if these two are good enough at building suspense. The things they set up to be suspenseful always just end up flat and the surprises always seem out of nowhere...yet predictable. I mean they built up the letter that John kept from Dwight, only to have it end with "I have a letter." "Yea, it's cool I understand.". Um...what?

I try to approach this the same way I do with TWD, in which case I think they are setting up Strand's death. His comment to Charlie about hesitating and not getting on the plane seems like it's setting up him staying off this plane to ensure it takes off. But I highly doubt they will do that. They are obviously setting up John and possibly Dwight not leaving with them...but I suspect they will escape somehow. I mean I don't expect them to kill off Alicia simply because it would be series suicide. But it also wouldn't shock me if she doesn't sacrifice herself to protect the plane. However it also wouldn't surprise me if Jimbo's beer isn't also a cure for radiation sickness.

The writing has been all over the place this season. I guess nothing would shock me at this point, but I don't think we can honestly look at their storytelling for clues as to how this all ends.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Morgan: "It's a beautiful day to save a stranger."

Alicia: "Why didn't I just shoot this idiot back at the baseball stadium?"

John: "I wish I got the chance to review Catch Me If You Can."

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Lindigo

LOL

I think the showrunners have utterly failed in setting up any interest or suspense. I am expecting these non-airplane-mechanics to fix the plane at the last possible moment and then they will all fly away, including Grace and Alicia.

Grace's natural arc was death. She had scientific certain knowledge of her exposure, and that part of the story made sense. So of course they will ruin it. These showrunners have no knack for telling moving, realistic stories in the apocalypse.

The exception for me is Sherry, and they had no part in setting up that story.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Colman Domingo has been directing some episodes now too so I'd be surprised if they killed off his Strand character. If someone is killed I'm guessing it's Luciana. I'm surprised she's survived this long after Nick's death. For me Al could go. I'm tired of her "tell me your story" routine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stealth

And how are all of these new people, along with all of those kids, going to fit on the plane without completely weighing it down?

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

You know the show is bad when even you are badmouthing it now. LMAO

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. PepperAnn

I am actually finally warming up to Al. LOL!!!

12. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

She's been Morganized.
    Regarding the link - I read the article and it didn't install any sense of suspense or new interest for me. I couldn't care less about Wendell and his fashion statement "sister". Unless we see Sherry either alive and well or as a zombie that storyline is totally abysmal. Right now I see Charley as the most interesting character and she's hardly getting any screen time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Thinking the same thing. Especially since Al just said with the amount of fuel she found they would need to strip out as much as possible to lighten the plane. Now they will ignore that and load it up with an additional 500+lbs of kids.

Which goes back to the writing. Someone should have thought "You know, we are going to load the plane up with people so maybe NOT have Al mention needing to make the plane lighter. We are just creating our own plot hole."

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lindigo

That's what I was thinking, too! How awful does it have to be to drive me away?!? I am like Dnae's cat. I gave it every chance. lol

I'm also like Sheldon Cooper in that if I start a show I like to stick it out, but it's like homework now--there might be background for the movies or for an eventual insertion of some of these characters into TWD series one day.

They did such a good job creating the couple of John and June, letting them get to know each other. How can they be the same people suggesting a love interest between Al and that woman who was going to kill her????? just because she said, You know what, I'm not going to kill you after all because I think you're pretty. I've always followed orders before, and they will kill me if they find out, but, oh, well. THAT'S IT??? That's a recipe for instant carrying a torch?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm holding out for SDCC. They will take the stage, and probably show the 5b trailer. If they announce that this is the final season, Alicia is a goner. If they announce it's getting a 6th season, then she survives and leads the show (Morgan will leave) with new show runners.

16. Stealth

That's funny because we've gone upset directions with her. I liked her at the beginning but I'm tired of her now.

17. Stealth

Now we're going to be stuck with all of those weird kids on the show too.

Another problem I have is how everyone in the group has the same goal. Even Dwight is now onboard with the whole let's help everyone routine. To make it more interesting you need people who have different ideas, and who are disagreeing with decisions. It makes even less sense now because they lost the factory by stupidly running out to help people they didn't know. At least SOMEONE in the group should be pushing for more caution.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. PepperAnn

For me I think it’s listening to her talk that’s warmed me. She’s almost hypnotizing the way she’s so soft spoken. That’s about it. Lol

19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Wait......what? My cat? Refresh my memory. I vaguely remember something about my cat but I cannot remember what that something was!!

UGH....my memory sucks!

20. Lindigo

Not your actual cat! lol The gif you posted last time in the gif reviews. The cat who delicately sniffed the cheese stick before retching. LOL