Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Probably so. I would like to think members of that mob were ashamed of themselves in retrospect. But you are right--it rests with Trump--whether he will stop chumming them.

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

How long did it take Germans who cheered on the Nazis to feel ashamed of themselves after the war ended? Once people are in that groupthink mentality, it takes a lot for them to snap back to reality. BTW, chumming is an excellent word.

3. Lindigo

Thanks! lol

That's a good question. It seems to me that virtually all of the general German population just denied they ever had supported the Third Reich, even though the rallies were huge. Then again, wasn't it pretty quickly that the nation of Germany acknowledged a national shame? Maybe that happened because individual citizens felt genuine remorse right away.

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I agree completely. OTOH, I'd have no problem if he would have publicly pointed out the specific things he felt they were doing that were going against America's interests and asked them to change, etc.

5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

This is why Trump is now pretending he tried to stop the chanting:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/18/republicans-send-her-back-chant-1420305

"Republican members are expressing shock and discomfort over the “send her back” chants that erupted during President Donald Trump’s rally Wednesday night, with even some members of House GOP leadership conveying their concerns to Vice President Mike Pence on Thursday.

During a breakfast meeting with Republican leaders, multiple members said they were disturbed by the chants aimed at Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and asked Pence to relay their message to Trump, which he agreed to do, according to several members who were present.

And Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.), who was also uneasy with the tweets and rally cries, said Pence seemed to share in their concerns.

“He said, ‘at first I couldn’t even tell what it was.’ And he said, ‘that just needs to not happen,’” said Cole, ranking member on the House Rules Committee. “He seemed as appalled by it as everybody else.”"

Apparently even his own guys, including his lapdog Pence, were appalled. Considering they think locking up kids at the border is fine, it takes a lot to get them to appalled.

Although there are still loads of Republicans who are right there with Trump, Constitution be damned. Lindsey Graham, for example. He has sunk to the lowest level possible.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I never suggested that people shouldn't be permitted to protest or speak their mind. Are we still allowed to give our opinion about what others say, or isn't that allowed anymore?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The average German citizen didn't support the Nazis. I don't remember the exact percentage but from what I read previously the number was in the minority of the population. Hitler succeeded because he controlled the institutions that would sustain his power. In the 30s he purged generals from the military that he felt might be disloyal. There was opposition to the Nazis in Germany but those people were dealt with which made standing up to the regime a fatal proposition.

War also eventually became a way for him to further stoke nationalism and stifle dissent.

Even after all that Hitler did to build his power base the failed attempt on his life was initiated through the military.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Morgotha

I look forward to the day when people can speak their minds in this country.

10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I don't believe that's true, I think most German's DID support Hitler, it was only after things went bad that they all claimed they were against Naziism. I've not read anything that actually supports the idea most average Germans were against it.

They maybe didn't specifically support the idea of murdering people, and maybe not from the beginning, but they eventually supported him and believed in the overall policies up to that. Keep in mind everyone knew about the concentration camps, for example, and most were fine with that. The rounded people up from cities all over Germany, Austria, etc., so it wasn't exactly a secret. It was only the extermination part they later claimed they didn't know about and disagreed with.

https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...tler-won-over-the-german-people-a-531909.html

(if the Adblocker question screen pops up, click the 'Weiter mit Adblocker' (continue with Adblocker) button.

11. Morgotha

It wouldn't surprise me if the German's supported Hitler. Remember that the Allies were very punitive to Germany after WWI and inflation was awful. People would literally spend their whole paycheck the day the received it as their money would be worth noticeably less the next day. When people are hungry, they'll support anyone who promises them food to eat.

BTW, the rise of Hitler is what changed our policy of how to treat countries after they lose a war.

12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Huh. So determined to disagree with someone, whatever the discussion might be, that you end up MAKING EXCUSES FOR NAZIS.

o_O

13. Morgotha

WTF are you talking about?!?! I'm ***agreeing*** with you that the average German probably did support Hitler - at least as he was presented to the public.

LOL, what a pinhead.

14. Lindigo

Thank you! I felt that was something an educated person ought to know, but I didn't.

15. Lindigo

Thanks. That was so interesting, I wish it had kept going.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. tink

tink Well-Known Member

And just when you thought Trump supporters couldn't possibly get more stupid:

Nancy Pelosi said the WORDS that the President used were racist. But those same words are in the Dictionary. Does that mean that the Dictionary is now racist? Should all Dictionaries be banned since Democrats are offended by words? #TDS

5:47 PM · Jul 17, 2019

17. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Good lord.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Trump
    trumps grandfather fled Germany to dodge compulsory military service when sixteen flat broke to be a barber. Instead, he opened restaurants that served alcohol and housed prostitutes. Went back to the country he came from with the fortune he made here. Was immediately booted for dodging service, emigrating illegally, evading taxes and showing loyalty to a foreign country. He swore an oath to Germany but they didn’t believe it and booted him. America STILL allowed to be become a citizen. Trump owes everything he has and will have to illegal immigration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Morgotha

LOL! You realize what you're saying, don't you? If our country was more strict on booting out illegal immigrants **Trump wouldn't be President right now**!

IOW, a vote for allowing illegal immigration is a vote for Trump's Presidency.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Who the hell cares if Trump's grandpappy was an illegal emigrant or not? Should the actions of his grandfather hold President Trump accountable for maintaining a pro-illegal emigrant position? I should think not. This is what happens when people find one common thread between two completely different things and then conflate them.

#26780 Jama, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019