Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

General Preacher Discussion

Discussion in 'Preacher' started by Neuropyramidal, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the first episode too. Still need to catch the second to be fully caught up. Since it looks like most people aren't up to date I won't go into detail either.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ha ha I had that same thought when I read @tink s post.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

lol - although to be honest if I saw a synopsis like that I would think I should probably watch the show because it sounds INSANE.

I really enjoyed the season opener. I'm a little worried that Jessie is not going to be around Cassidy and Tulip at all this season.

Lots of mayhem going on. Cassidy was definitely the best thing about the episode. So who is the angel hanging above his head, and how will he fit in? Loved the craziness of Masada. And God is a complete ASSHOLE. I'm hoping the SOAK catches up with him...

I don't want to say too much, in case people haven't watched, and I'm really still digesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Although not about Preacher I am wondering if any of you are watching The Boys on Amazon Prime? It is also a comic by Garth Ennis. Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen are producers and slated to direct also. Amazon renewed the series for season 2 ahead of it July 19 premier.

I watched most of the first episode and it just did not wow me like the first episode of Preacher did. I still have 10 minutes left to watch. I will give episode 2 a try and see if it picks up steam.

If anyone else has watched, thoughts?

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I also felt that the first 2 episodes were pretty strong. I actually like it when the group is split up, each tackling their own mission. For this show I don't even really mind that they sometimes come close to defying physics, like when Featherstone opened her coat and zoomed away like a flying squirrel. And scenes like in the desert where both men as well as their camel's died were pretty creative.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

In the comics,

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Interesting

8. Stealth

That's my concern too at this stage, that we won't have too much of the three of them together in the final season. I'm hoping that changes soon.

9. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

HA! I just finished binging The Boys last night. No wonder it reminded me of Preacher, lol. I didn't realize the connection. I actually like The Boys better than preacher. There's some really messed up stuff on that show, lol. Keep watching.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input

I still have not finished episode 1.

And yep, there is definitely some f*cked up shite on that show and I have not yet made it past episode 1 FCOL!!!!!

11. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

your fear doesn't happen, but there is a great scene near the end of the season, lol

12. Stealth

I was a little concerned with the pacing. The first few episodes didn't have the feel of a final season, but it looks like it's about to pick up now and we still have 6 episodes to go.

13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I laughed out loud at the previews for tonight, where Tulip has convinced Jesus to rob banks with her.

14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

OH MY GOD.

Is it possible this show is just going to get better and better until the last second? Looks like the dead angels are back next week.

15. tink

tink Well-Known Member

God is such an asshole.