Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate it

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Today and Tomorrow' started by Sharpie61, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I read the summary of the episode. It SOUNDS like it might be a step up, but not a killer episode.
    It does answer 1 question on everyone’s mind.
    Let’s just see if it plays out better.

The truth is out there

2. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

we don't get a poll for the ratings this week? Last week's was so much fun

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

What's the point? The writers aren't putting in any effort, why should we?

I rate it whatever the lowest rating is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Considering this season, can we remove all the curse filters from the forum? I feel like I can't properly explain my feelings without using some extremely R rated language.

Ok, let me get this straight. A dude is riding a horse, right next to a minivan, with the entire side of the vehicle basically one long window. Now then all the seats have been removed and we now have 3 full grown adults taking up the entire floor of this van. But the dude on the horse can't see any of them because his horse fogged up one of the many windows and apparently he can't turn his head slightly, or perhaps just look gently to his left? WT-actual-F?

Now then, this Tim guy "escaped" the community and they are hunting him. His Sister also escaped, killing one person in the process. Now this group finds out Morgan and Al sneaked into their community and ruined their water and they know they have been in contact with Tim. Yet they are free to go because this group also helps people. So that means either Tim is a bad person or this group is bad....yet this bad group is willing to let Morgan and Al go.

WHAT THE FFFFF IS GOING ON?!?

Seriously, I'm not even mad they ruined the show any more. I'm mad that these people have jobs writing for one of the most popular cable franchises to ever hit the air waves.

Seriously, I'm going to submit my resume to AMC to be head writer/show runner next season. My resume is simply going to be this...

Chris

Experience: NOT any of the writers for FTWD seasons 4 and 5.

That alone should get me an interview.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Logan was a lame semi-villain, but the new one (whatever her name is) makes him look good in comparison. It's not believable that she'd be leading anything, let alone a post-apocalypse gang of cowboys. With that said, this one wasn't as horrible as last weeks which I gave a -1 so I'll go with a 1 this time.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I refer to her as Annie Oakley. I have been given zero reason to learn any of the names of new people.

This is how I refer to people:

Trucker twins
    Children who eat Corn
    Discount Heath (the tree painting dude so he could also be Discount Bob Ross)
    Chernobyl Chick (the one who is suppose to be on deaths door but will JUST NOT DIE ALREADY)
    Rabbi Gabriel

And now we have Annie Oakley and her Posse

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

It wasn't as bad as most of them. I've enjoyed pieces of the last few of episodes. That's about as high as my praise can go.
    Last night my husband said that he now fears Sunday nights because he has to sit through another FTWD. It's not as if I glue him to the chair, though. If something doesn't drastically change the show, I doubt that he'll be watching next season.
    I liked the scenes with Grace and Salazar.
    Genuine dialog, nothing ridiculous comes to mind.
    Morgan didn't piss me off last night. A plus.
    I marked off three boxes on my bingo card in the first few minutes though....
    This new group of.... whatever the hell they are...could be interesting. They should have brought them in earlier.
    I keep hoping for some miracle change, but I'm not sure I can see The Tweedles pulling that off.
    They think that season 5 has been "a wild ride"....o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

A half step up. I liked the Daniel-Grace interaction. Even the singing part, but only because it just proves that they are still human.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, I love that song. I've posted it in the forum before, so it made me particularly light up when they started.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lindigo

That song could be a gentle way for AMC to kindly tell the show runners they've reached the end of the line.

As for the show, I'm going to watch it again before I can rate it, because I didn't give it a fair chance last night. I was attention-scattered and listening to other things at the same time.

I love every moment with Grace's dialog, and I did try to focus when she had lines, so I heard Daniel say Skidmark had behavioral issues, but he seems like a wonderful cat from what I've seen. Grace is so likable. Dun dun dun.....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stealth

The funny thing about Chernobyl Chick is that she's suddenly seriously ill, but I thought I saw her up and walking around in the preview for this coming week's fine episode.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Stealth

The scenes between those two were decent, but it was still pretty funny when they were running from those walkers while carrying around a cat carrier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I never watch previews, but if they gave her a fever just to try and make some emotional scene between her and Morgan - and conveniently just after Morgan realized love was worth a shot - that's, once again, terrible writing. But who's surprised by now?

Glad there's not a poll. I can't even rate this episode. Not as bad as most of the previous ones, but there's not much of anything anymore. At this point, only Alicia and John are worth keeping IMO.

And I like the Wilburys a lot, but that scene was embarrassing (especially just before the near-death experience by Grace in the next minute). Couldn't help but laugh, thinking about Pepper's Jack-of-all-trades (and master-of-none). So now, they're "musicians"? These guys resumes must have a lot of pages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I updated the Rotten Tomatoes "is it fresh or is it rotten" stats.

Season 5 as a whole has a 62% rating from RT critics. BUT from RT viewers, season 5 is rated at a deserving 29%.

The two episodes rated in the 90% range are just wrong. Plain and simple. Not one episode from this season deserves to be rated that high. NOT ONE!!

Following is a list of writers of the season 5 episodes. Please make note of the rotten tomato score for each episode. Also only one of the writers listed has any connection with TWD - let us hope like hell it stays that way.

501 - Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum 94% (of which I disagree with so much. It was nowhere near the quality of episodes we got from season 9 of TWD)

502 - Alex Delyle 69%

503 - Ashley Cardiff 83%

504 - Samir Mehta 70%

505 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum 70%

506 - Mallory Westfall 36%

507 - Richard Naing 33%

508 - Michael Alaimo 55%

509 - David Johnson 69%

510 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum 45%

511 - Mallary Westfall and Alex Delyle 50%

512 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum 38%

513 - Ashley Cardiff and Nick Bernardone* 92% (this one I just do not get....I mean it was better than others but not by that damn much!!!)

514 - David Johnson 38%

and according to FTWD Wikipedia the rest of the episodes writers are as follows:
    515 - Michael Alaimo and Samir Mehta
    516 - Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum

#14 Dnae, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Lindigo

Okay, I've seen it. I'm giving it a 7 because there actually was plot and real conversation.

Yes, some of the decision making seems weak minded to me. And I think Virginia is putting tracer chips on everyone. That could be how the cowboys found the oil field.

I think the only way to repair Morgan's broken staff would be to drill each end and put a metal rod in there--and good way to add a chip. The staff is the one thing Morgan will never leave behind. The woodworker could have made Morgan a new staff, but he mended a broken one? Makes no sense.

By the same chip reasoning, they put a chip in the seam of Al's camera pack. I predict they always let the first members of a new group go, with a tracer, so they can trace them back to their main group and steal all of their stuff and probably kill everyone. Maybe I just made that development up, but at least the episode had me engaged.

At one point I wondered if HOA Prez was a plant and there never was a sister to rescue at Paradise Ridge. He would have given them his sister's unit location where there was conveniently a walker. Virginia could have given him a sob story so the We Help Everyone group would come to the Ridge without being chased down. (And I do like the place name Ridge in a show that harkens back to westerns.) Oh the other hand, when they found him stealing one of the gasoline containers, he was convincing. When the cowboy came up right to that car where the 3 were hiding, maybe he got there following a tracker location and was getting a bead on how their plan was developing. So I don't know about Tom, and I like that I haven't decided about him.

Why do they drag the dead into their compound, leaking their poisonous innards around? Just a plot convenience? I give that the stink eye.

I like that Al filled Morgan in somewhat on the helicopter group. It's the right thing to do, to fill others in on any organized group/menace you know is maneuvering in this new world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I think it's long past time that Althea tells the main group everything she knows about the helicopter people. She was warned to stay away from them by Isabelle. They're a real threat and the group deserves to know that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I have no idea how they managed to kill the TWD feel totally. I still have this good feel from when Rick was in Atlanta, and later on when Daryl and Carol was in there, got into an office and got an overlook of the town. Carol later got taken by Dawns gang of corrupt cops. But that TWD feel is what got me to love the show.

FTWD has not really managed to keep that. It shines through at times but I think the whole problem is HUMANS LITERALLT EVERYWHERE. Zombies means f'all one moment, to the next, 12 of them spokes them off...Alexandria waded through a few hundred, if not thousands with a bunch of red shirts and came out on top.

Daniel is awesome but he seems so nonchalant when it is needed for the plot. Like with the records.

The new group seems interesting. For FTWD standards that is. Season 3 was pretty good and I say even topped TWD in interesting episodes at times.

As I saw in another thread, why not go to Rick now? or atleast go back to Alexandria thinking Rick is there. I am sure Daryl can overcome his hate for Dwight. They lost their factory anyway it seems.

18. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

How dare thee insult me in such a dastardly fashion. Annie Oakley never misfires; this wannabe cowgirl is meant for a bad circus act. Nothing more.

[​IMG]