Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate the finale

Discussion in 'Episode 516 - End of the Line' started by Dnae, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

My problem is that with most tv series I begin it is inevitable that before the first season is complete I become bored and just stop watching.

Maybe I have commitment issues.

Not to mention I do not have cable so DVR is a thing of the past for me. Even when I had SlingTV I did not utilize DVR - again partly due to my inability to commit LOL. After a week or so of missing an episode I usually just stop watching altogether. Too lazy to play catch up.

This season of Fear for example. I did not watch a few episodes. And in the last half of the season I did not watch any of the episodes in their entirety. I would usually watch on the Friday or Saturday prior to the original air date. And I would fast forward through most of the episode and watch the end. Honestly thank god for FF because I skipped out on the John/June wedding. Any scenes with June are FF candidates in my book

Series that I am committed to:

1. TWD
    2. NOS4ATU
    3. Pennyworth
    4. Star Trek Discovery

I would say Victoria BUT since it took me about 3 months to watch the finale of season 3 I don't know if that could be considered commitment.

The only network show that I may develop "feelings" for is Prodigal Son because, ya know, Tom Payne! And even that is on shaky ground for now. Two episodes in and I do enjoy gazing upon Mr. CutiePie throughout each episode. Not to mention that Michael Sheen is a hoot as a serial killer. The premise is fairly predictable and writing is, at times, a bit cheesy. BUT a Monday night. Tom Payne. Michael Sheen. I could do worse.

I do know that when the Picard series is launched on CBS All Access I will be completely on the commitment train for that one. Jean Luc was my first fangirl crush - and you never forget your first :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

If I didn't have DVR, I wouldn't watch nearly the amount of TV that I do. It really changed my habits. Also, I can hardly bear to watch anything unless I have taped it because I want to be able to FF through the commercials.

I love Victoria! That is one of my shows that is in its last season. PBS doesn't seem to rerun anything anymore. They are determined to make people pay to get access, the way you do for AMC. So I try to keep an eye on anything new on PBS, since I won't be able to go back and get earlier episodes if I find something in progress. It's infuriating.

Besides Victoria, I am in the last season of Poldark, The Durrells in Corfu, and The Affair. Maybe you caught glimpses of Poldark before or after a Victoria episode? That one really does require commitment to be properly savored. Swoon. :)

So my 14 traditionally scripted shows that will still be with me are, TWD, FTWD, Better Call Saul (wait--another last season show?), NOS4A2, Lodge 49, Outlander, Westworld (maybe also a last season?), Law and Order: SVU, Criminal Minds (FF through anything POV of the criminal), Vera, Younger, Young Sheldon, Sherlock on Masterpiece (never can tell if it's over), and Doc Martin (heard a rumor there would be a bonus show eventually so I keep it on DVR out of hope).

Urf to Picard. That was the Star Trek series I could not watch. My eyes could not rest comfortably on a single character in that show! :p But my first fangirl crush was Bat Masterson (Gene Barry), and now I think, Really??? lol "Dressed-up dandy (derby and cane), gambler and lawman roams the West charming women and defending the unjustly accused. His primary weapon was his wit (and cane) rather than his gun." Guess I haven't changed much as to type, though. lol I never let on how much I liked Bat Masterson. It was a secret. :D

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

There is a very good chance there will be at least a season 4 of Victoria

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/...ast-trailer-itv-pbs-jenna-coleman-tom-hughes/

If you like movies and assuming you have not already seen it, I suggest watching Young Victoria with Emily Blunt as Queen Victoria. Also the movie Victoria and Abdul with Dame Judy Dench as Victoria. Interestingly enough this was not her first time to portray Queen Victoria. She was also in Mrs. Brown along with Billy Connelly (I adore him). It is about the friendship she develops with one her servants after the death of Prince Albert - another great movie.

I watched one or two episodes of Poldark and it was a no for me. I also stopped watching Outlander after the 2nd or 3rd episode of the most recent season - see, commitment issues LOL

*GASP* you dare blaspheme Jean Luc Picard?!?!!!!

OH, I have no idea what Younger is but I do know that one dude who is in that show is in the 3rd TWD spin off - his name (actual) is Nico Tortorella

#43 Dnae, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  4. Lindigo

YAYAYAY. I had no idea Victoria would be coming back! That's the thing with British series. They take breaks and then return out of the blue. I hesitate to delete any of them from my DVR. :)

I don't know how I missed The Young Victoria. I went to youtube and I love it.

I did see Victoria and Abdul and loved it. Also adored the one with Mr. Brown. See? No idea how I missed The Young Victoria!

Younger is my most peripheral show. It's a breezy 1/2 hour frolic. That and Young Sheldon are my only two comedies, and they are the only two network shows I have in common with my good friend who is always up for a road trip adventure to a museum exhibit or whatever. We both love the PBS shows. She doesn't like shows with dark scary notes.

If Nico Tortorella leaves Younger, maybe that will be the end of the show. I suspected the main character, Liza, would wind up with him, the tattoo artist, instead of the well-off, established business owner who is age-appropriate. (Liza aged 40 couldn't get a job, so she faked being a Millennial. Hi-jinks ensued.)

5. Lindigo

Will Jenna Coleman be re-cast?
    “I’ve currently got seven children in the show, so there’s definitely a point where it becomes not realistic anymore,” Coleman told Graham Norton. “I’ve just caught up with her age and my age.”

The actress had previously considered the question, saying: “There’s going to come a point where I have to [to be recast]. The idea I’ll be playing Victoria meeting Abdul is not really possible.

“But it’s going to be a hard thing to give over, especially as she gets older. She’s becoming much more like everything that she’s kind of known for – her impatience and straightness and inability to hide how she feels.

“[Recasting] brings a lot of challenges and it’s hard as an actor – when you’ve taken it so far it’s hard to give it up.”

[​IMG]
    Writer Daisy Goodwin has told RadioTimes.com that she already knows what she would like to cover in series four, adding that she would not to re-cast Coleman and co-star Tom Hughes just yet.

“I know where the series is going, it’s all there,” she said. “I think series four is going to be amazing. At some point we will have to recast, but hopefully not yet.”

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/...ast-trailer-itv-pbs-jenna-coleman-tom-hughes/

• Like Like x 1
  6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Well I finally watched the last 3 episodes (really because I just wanted to watch the awkwardness on Talking Dead).....

Here's my gripes.

I literally yelled at Dwight calling him a dumbass outloud when he threw the walkie talkie. REALLY? After searching for Sherry for MONTHS (years?) when you finally get her on the walkie you throw it because there is a bad connection? REALLY???

The dumb wild west whistling music and tumbleweeds.

I CANNOT stand Annie Oakley/Tarzan Jane. They praised the actress on Talking Dead and I was thinking, they MUST just be paying her lip service. She was such a caricature and such a DUMB character at that and the actress was horrible.

Speaking of which, I still don't understand her plan. Why does she help people just to kill them? She mentioned she only tried to kill what's his face because he wasn't useful. Is that her whole thing? She weeds off the lame ducks? Because there were a lot of people that didn't have very nice things to say about her so, I'mmmmmm still scratching my head on her plan. But I also don't really care to think about it for more than 0.5 seconds.

COME ONNNNN SUNDAY!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lindigo

That's a particular peeve of mine, too. They don't even explain this villain's motivation. All of this time and we still don't know what she is up to.

And I can't imagine how bad other actors must have been to make her look good to them. I actually do like the look of her costume, although it makes no realistic sense, but I can't stand looking at the woman herself. Maybe if I had a clue about her motivation I could tolerate her existence, but I just viscerally don't like her face. Dumb grin. She's the sister of Mad magazine's guy.

And what's with Al not instantly coming up with an answer to the helicopter questions: I saw a helicopter!! I have no idea how that's possible. I thought you might know, with all your bragging. Have you seen it?!?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I despise Talking Dead so much. What a lame excuse for a "talk show". I understand that TWD is the only cow they can milk, but that's way too much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1