Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl & Carol

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by sdg6259, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Rapscallion

[​IMG]

Daryl and Carol, TWD S10B.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rapscallion

A sneak peak of Daryl and Carol in the S10 midseason premiere "Squeeze".

5. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

The calm before the storm... :(

6. Rapscallion

Last night I watched TWD's S10B premiere, "Squeeze".

I enjoyed watching Daryl being supportive of Carol with her grief over Henry's death, and understanding with her drive for revenge against Alpha; I was glad he was protective towards Carol when Magma blamed her for the group being trapped in the mine. I sympathized with Carol's failure to take Daryl's advice to stop seeking revenge.

However, this episode missed an opportunity to let Daryl tell Carol about what he went through when he was Negan's prisoner and how his own drive for revenge failed.

After the group escaped the mine, but Connie and Magma were still trapped inside, I was hurt when Daryl walked away from Carol as she cried for him to blame her. Is Daryl angry with Carol, yes, but he hasn't given up on her, otherwise he would've said so.

I think showrunner Angela Kang is trying to rebuild the Caryl moment that Gimple let crumble these past few seasons. I hope they finally become official this season, but TWD's history with Caryl warns that I should prepare to be disappointed yet again.

#866 Rapscallion, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

sorry Raps, but after what Carol did, putting everyone at risk AGAIN especially after their talk....I don’t see how you can see them getting together after this. I honestly don’t see them coming back again hardly at all after this. Also, I’m so done with Carol. And that’s hard for me to say.

8. Rapscallion

I think Kang included Daryl in the season 9 storyarc where Michonne killed an old friend who not only became a killer, she'd raised children to become killers too. Daryl had to get involved to save Michonne's life and his own life, but now has "innocent blood" on his hands too.

So I think there'll be a scenario later in season 10 in which Carol finally admits to killing Lizzie because she was dangerous, but Daryl surprises her when he admits to killing kids who were dangerous as well.

All speculation aside, TPTB waited far too long for Caryl to go official.

#868 Rapscallion, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I absolutely think there will be some references to previous behavior coming up. It's very possible that Lizzie is mentioned. I also think we'll get a reference to Glenn.

I said this in another thread, but in the preview we get a shot of Daryl standing in front of the graves, in deep thought. We then get a shot of Carol looking at the paintings, the one front and center is Glenn. I'm thinking Daryl will remember the guilt he carries with him for Glenn's death and connect it to Carol. Knowing what it's like to act on instinct and it resulting in the death (or possible death) of someone else. Daryl's been there and he's going to use that to both understand where Carol is right now and to remind her the importance of not acting out of instinct.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rapscallion

Chr1s, I also think Lizzie (and Mika) are going to be mentioned soon. It's infuriating to me that we've had to wait this long. 16 episodes a season and most of them wind up being filler episodes. :mad:

I saw your previous comments, and it's possible that Daryl will remember his guilt over Glenn's death and connect it to Carol. At the very least that guilt has made Daryl into a leader. Personally, I think Daryl was out of character from seasons 6-8. :mad:

I've always believed Daryl has suspicions about what happened to Lizzie and Mika. It would've made a lot more sense if Daryl and Carol talked about the girls' deaths in season 5 or 6 while they were still fresh in the audiences' minds, instead of putting it off until season 10. :mad:

#870 Rapscallion, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BlackBird

You guys really think Daryl doesn't know about Lizzie and Mika? I can't imagine.
    We don't get to see every conversation between characters. But even if there wasn't an explicit conversation, Daryl is the master of reading between the lines and figuring things out for himself.

I don't see how bringing up any of Carol's past can be a revelation to Daryl now. If she brings up Lizzie now in an explanation of what has led to her meltdown, it will be mostly for the viewers’ benefit: this is not just Carol breaking down over losing a child, it is Carol breaking down after losing one child too many. And this time the death was caused not by the walking dead, not by mental illness, not by a seemingly inevitable need of putting down someone who was a lethal danger to Judith. This death was a brutal murder out of sheer spite. A beautiful full-of-promise life blown out by someone who is not even sorry about it, would gleefully do it all over again. I understand Carol, how she lost her mind over this.

I've elaborated on this in another thread, but no, no, no, Daryl was never about revenge. It's not in his nature. What happened with him attacking Negan was nothing to do with revenge, it wasn't even retaliation. He was simply acting out of instinct trying to protect Rosita. Negan took a life as a punishment for our group killing a lot of Saviours. Much as it hurt to lose Abraham, he was still letting them off pretty lightly. But then the taunting of Rosita pushed Daryl over the edge. (Which quite frankly was one of the most disgusting and disturbing thing Negan ever did, and why he cannot ever be trusted fully, because he was simply revelling in his cruelty. Not to mention what he did to Carl and Rick immediately after, good lord.)

Daryl can sympathise with acting on instinct, goodness, he's worked so hard over the years to keep that under control, but he doesn't do revenge.

Regarding Carol and Daryl becoming "official", well. Your resolve as a Caryl shipper is admirable. Even when you see them fall out like this, Carol inadvertently causing Daryl most likely losing someone he deeply cared about. Someone Carol encouraged Daryl to be with. I don't see it, I don't ever see Daryl and Carol becoming a romantic couple. But I do see them surviving to the end of the show as friends. But that will take a lot of rebuilding of trust between them now, and I'm not sure Daryl will ever be able to fully trust Carol again.

I always liked this relationship, but I also thought it was a little lopsided. I think Daryl has always cared more for Carol than Carol for Daryl. He never, never, never let her down. He was mean to her once I believe, back at Hershel's farm. Once. Made up for it pretty quickly. And ever since, he was always there, looking out for her, supporting her. For 10 years. But Carol left without even saying goodbye a couple of times. She was wrapped in her own problems and left Alexandria, not seeing and caring how Daryl was slipping too and needed support. Then later it took her 6 years to finally get Daryl back from his self exposed exile whilst she was playing house with Ezekiel. The only other times we saw Carol reach out to Daryl was when he was struggling with his grief over Beth and then recently with holding it together at the Sanctuary. Where Rick left him in charge. I mean, what was Rick thinking? Anyway, back to Carol and Daryl. I just feel Daryl always cared more, and his problems were always secondary, if not ignored. Same is true for his relationship with Rick, by the way. It's just because Daryl is the most selfless person in this story.

Goodness, sorry for rambling on so long.

#871 BlackBird, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Rapscallion

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Walking Dead. Season 10, Episode 11, "Morning Star".

13. Rapscallion

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

©haircoveredwriter
    Inspired by @incorrectcaryl

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. BlackBird

And by the end of ten years you might want to just come out with it, finally put it in words how you feel about them...

[​IMG]

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

(You know I adore their friendship.:))

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Rapscallion

[​IMG]

©welcometonissa

16. Raga

Raga New Member

I totally agree with you and I think Daryl and Carol will remain as friends forever,and how wonderful it would be ....if their relationship involves romance, their friendship would be meaningless,as it would again show the viewers that every relationship between a man and a woman should involve romance....and that a man and a woman are loyal or caring for each other only if romance is involved, not if the thing that binds them together is friendship....

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rapscallion

Saying "We should just be happy with Daryl and Carol's friendship," is like saying "At least we made it to the Super Bowl". o_O

#877 Rapscallion, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Raga

Raga New Member

As much as I understood from the previous posts,there are two groups of people....one who would like to see Caryl to go official and the other who likes them to be friends forever....I support the later...Didn't mean to offend the former group...I always admired friendship between a man and a woman which never ends up in romance at the end...and whenever I saw the bonding between Carol and Daryl I experienced true friendship between them and so would like to see them like friends forever...

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Rapscallion

No offense taken. :)

I'd love for Caryl to finally go official, but TPTB have put it off for far too long. I think it didn't happen because Gimple hates Daryl, and wanted to kill him off in the infamous Lucille cliffhanger.

It would be great if Caryl happens, but at this point it's a lost opportunity in a show with a lot of lost opportunities: i.e., Andrea, All Out War, and Carl inheriting leadership of the group. :(

#879 Rapscallion, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Rapscallion

• Like Like x 1