Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[1009] Squeeze - Rate it

Discussion in 'Episode 1009 - Squeeze' started by Dnae, Feb 19, 2020.

?

Was it worth the wait??

1. 10 "Grotto" give credit when due - it was amazing!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. 8 Is that a "stalagmite" or are you just happy to be back? And what a great way to return!

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 7

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. 6

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  6. 5 Me too Carol, me too....AARRGGHHHHH.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3 Episode drove me "batty"

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  10. 1 Episode was about as damp as a cave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I boosted the brightness on my TV to see the beginning of the episode. That's the first time I've had to do it. Normally I enjoy darker settings, but for some reason it annoyed me. Maybe they were just trying to cover up for the really bad cave sets!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Like others have said, this episode sets up what is to come so I give it a 7.

I hate dark scenes and am claustrophobic myself so it was a very hard episode for me to get through (based on that alone I would have given it a 3). I had such a busy winter season that I had totally put aside any thoughts on TWD but when I realized it was finally time for the midseason premiere all my frustration for Carol's behavior and for them all going into the cave in the first place came back. I'm still asking myself how that could have happened.

Anyway, I am super happy that Jerry made it yet super pissed that Connie might not have. This is going to have me on edge until we know her fate. I have always been a big Carol fan but this was kind of "the straw that broke the camel's back" moment for me. And I definitely don't want her to be the one to kill Alpha at this point (never did actually).

I also think this is the first time I've been impressed by Kelly. First when she took out the whisperers as soon as she got out of the cave and then because of her reaction after the cave fell in. She was very level headed despite her despair, that surprised me.

As for Negan and Alpha, I thought it was funny (30%) and repulsive (70%) at the same time. Ok maybe 20/80 lol.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

94% on Rotten Tomatoes so far, and the ratings ticked up a little bit to 3.52 million.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

The Walking Dead S10 Midseason premiere "Squeeze"

What I liked about it

1. Daryl: I loved seeing Daryl be a leader and intelligent in this episode; that's Daryl from seasons 1-5. :cool:

2. Caryl: I loved watching Daryl be supportive, understanding, and protective towards Carol, and seeing Carol struggle to take his advice while driving for revenge against Alpha.

3. The Cave: I appreciated that the group had to search, claw, and fight their way out.

4. Cave Whisperers: I didn't expect Whisperers to be mixed with the walkers in the cave. Good idea, Angela Kang! :cool:

5. Jerry: I liked how Jerry held up that beam so the group could escape the adjoining mine. :cool:

What I Hated About It

1. Stupidity driving the plot forward: I understand that Carol is grieving, but she's smarter than this. I hoped she'd accept Daryl's advice instead of attempting revenge yet again.

2. Dynamite: Mighty convenient the group found an old stick of dynamite in that abandoned mine, huh? :rolleyes:

3. Easy Street: Daryl being trapped in a cave with Carol was a great opportunity for him to tell her how his drive for revenge made him Negan's prisoner at Sanctury, kept naked in a closet, and forced to eat dog food sandwiches, and listen to a loop of "Easy Street". But this episode didn't take that opportunity. :(

4. Alpha/Negan: This one's self explanatory. :eek:

5. Kelly vs. Whisperers: I laughed when Kelly did that hand spin with her weapon before she fought the Whisperers. Nice of those Whisperers to give Kelly the time to do that. :D

6. EMO Daryl: When Connie and Magma are trapped inside the mine, Daryl frantically attempts to dig them out himself. This was a brief moment of EMO Daryl, when he'd fall apart every time the group loses someone.

7. Daryl's anger: It hurt to see Daryl angry at Carol. I'm sure he hasn't giving up on her, but it still hurt. :(

8. Dumpstergate Part II: We all know Connie and Magma are alive in that mine. :rolleyes:

Good episode, but Carol getting the group trapped in the cave was unnecessary and having her continue her quest for revenge so soon was unnecessary too. I gave this episode a 6.

#24 Rapscallion, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I gave it a solid 7. Might have been higher but I'm still really pissed that the break was so long. :p

6. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I loved it. The director did a great job of making me feel I was in the cave with them.

Alpha continues to shock. This made an 8 into a 9 for me.

Still, still, one of the best things on the box.

7. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I didn't like it tbh… thought the whole cave scenario was unrealistic and Carol too much of a dangerous maverick. Still worth watching but have lost the love a bit. Having said that, I've just seen 10:10 and I thought that was better... so onwards and upwards:)

8. cycles

cycles Member

9 for me. The episode kept me on the edge of my seat.

Not sure how I like where this is going with Carol’s character.

• Agree Agree x 1