Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How long WAS that tunnel??

Discussion in 'Episode 1010 - Stalker' started by 92Pony, Mar 2, 2020.

1. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

So Beta accesses the tunnel from inside the Breaking Bad Meth RV, and pops up inside ASZ..... My goodness, how long was that tunnel?!? And how was it dug?

• Like Like x 2
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Seems crazy right? That trailer looked like it was miles away from Alexandria. The tunnel from “The Great Escape” (remember that old movie based on an actual event during WWII?) was only 111 feet long. Then to come up exactly under a fresh grave plot which the tunnelers would have had no way of knowing where the grave would be dug, is quite frankly fantastical. We’re gonna have to really suspend our disbelief on this one unless someone has some good ideas on how it could have been accomplished in addition without anyone’s knowing anything was going on. I know Dante was clever, but it was so perfectly synchronized it makes me think, no way.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm still curious about the line, I believe Eric, said about the Whisperers blocking all the tunnels.

They were examining the grave that Dante dug, coming to the obvious conclusion that Dante killed that woman for an excuse to dig a grave so the Whisperers would have a way past the walls. Now we assume that other Whisperers dug the rest of the tunnel(s). But his line about them blocking the tunnels made it sound as if the Alexandrian's knew about the tunnels and there were multiple ones.

Makes me wonder if Alexandria didn't actually dig most of the tunnels as an escape route during the 6 year time jump and the Whisperers simply took control of one entrance or tunneled into one of their existing tunnels. Why would he pluralize tunnel and why would it matter if the Whisperers blocked them if they didn't know they existed in the first place?

I'm wondering if these weren't escape tunnels to hidden spots outside the walls. Maybe after the Savior's attack and using the sewer tunnels to escape they continued to use them until Michonne's friend used them to sneak the kids out. So they blocked those grates, as we saw, and dug hidden tunnels that only high ranking Alexandrian's knew about. The Whisperers found them but knew they couldn't use the entrance points because they were inside houses or other occupied areas. So Dante dug a smaller access point for Beta to sneak in.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

The Kingdom had a bad weevil problem; Alexandria had gophers ... big gophers.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I was really really surprised to find the tunnel so spaciously dug. I mean beta could stand up and not feel constricted. They had some professional tunnel diggers or the tunnels were left by ancient aliens.

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

When Beta jumped down into the tunnel, there was still daylight. And when he climbed out, it was night time. So, it must have been a couple hours at least.

I suspect, this long period was not due to his walking a long tunnel but rather it was time that Beta took to dig himself up when he was directly under that grave.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

We've actually seen the tunnels under Alexandria a few times. They are a water drainage system. Maggie and Aaron went down in them when they were going to go looking for Glenn, and they are how the Alexandrian's escaped the Savior attack and how Jocelyn got the kids out of the walls.

I think the idea here is that Dante either explored the tunnels secretly or found a map of them, and then dug the grave directly above a tunnel, connecting it. That part I'm okay with, but the idea of Beta needing to go way out into some remote field to an opening under the RV is pretty far fetched. The sewage system would have multiple accesses. And when Dante dug the grave, he wasn't expecting himself to be DEAD when the time came for Beta to infiltrate the safe zone. So the plan likely would have been just for Dante to somehow let Beta in. Just take the gatekeeper out, and let him in, rather than go through this elaborate tunnel system where the whisperers apparently dug extra branches of it into a field.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the RV was actually Alexandria's escape route. Like you said we know they used the sewers to escape the Saviors so they are aware the tactic works. We also know Michonne had the storm drains welded shut after Jocylin took the kids. So in my head they abandoned they created new hidden escape entrances inside the walls and had hidden escape portals outside the walls. So the RV might have actually been something the Alexandrians created as one of the escape tunnels, the whisperers found it or were maybe told about it by Dante. That's why it was "guarded" by the whisperers when Beta showed up. Dante just created a new way inside the walls that nobody would see, so Beta could use the alexandrian tunnels to sneak in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Not impossible, I suppose, but if that's the case, the Whisperers pretty boldly took control of it, without seeming to take much note of the risk of being spotted by ASZ guards and scouts and having their plan discovered. The assumption would probably be that the secret entrance would at least be checked on pretty regularly by ASZ peeps, and if those peeps turned up missing, more peeps would come to find them. And it seemed more practical as an entrance point rather than an exit [no apparent ladder to climb out; Beta had to jump a fair distance down]. The impression I got was that this was a whisperer created branch of the system. Like the tootsie pop lick count, we may never know ;/

#9 Neuropyramidal, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1