Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I saw people with carts loaded down with water! I thought it was weird. I have a sink and faucet that give me water. And how would a virus shut down the water supply?

I didn't buy any water.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Wow, that’s decimated.

All I got to bring home from the Walmart the other day was a bag of cat food, ice, and bananas.
    My boss allowed us to 2 cases of water each. So no worries there. But eventually I will run out of meat.
    It doesn’t get this bad before being hit by a hurricane.

The truth is out there

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Do you honestly believe that this is even remotely plausible when some of these other countries who've been dealing with this longer, and who's handled this vastly more poorly (China, Italy, Iran) aren't getting those level of infections or deaths?

Dr. Fauci- who's been without question, a great resource of knowledge and expertise on this matter, is saying that we have to flatten the curve. But before that, he said we are going to see a spike in the curve as more testing is made available. That is to be expected.

But with the measure we're taking and given that we acted relatively fast compared to a lot of countries in Europe, I don't see this doomsday scenario playing out.

Even China is turning the corner on this and it began there and they've done just about everything wrong that could be done.

Also, I still believe that this 3.5% mortality rate is grossly inaccurate. **IN MY OPINION** (which really means nothing, lol)....

Italy's mortality rate is through the roof because they live in a culture where people run around and kiss, touch and grope complete strangers on the regular. They're heathens!! (Just kidding)

Iran's rate is high but we don't really know the true numbers because they're pulling a China.
    China's was almost at 4%
    USA is at 1.9%
    Most other European countries are around 1.5%
    Germany is around 0.6%
    South Korea is around 0.6%

Overall, the virus has a death rate of 3.5% because some places are doing what needs to be done and others aren't.

4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I asked my neighbor if she wanted to reenact the Negan/ Alpha scene with me but she said no because she is practicing social distancing.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Comic book version or TV version? Because.... hell, I'd be impressed either way. lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

9. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

So, in the midst of a pandemic, what's the priority here? Get as much toilet paper as you possibly can!

Give me a friggin' break.

I'll even say it again. Give me a friggin' break.

If you need that much TP, well sweetie, all I can say is that the Coronavirus might not be at the top of your problems.

Maybe stop stuffing your maw with unhealthy garbage
    like a starving racoon would be a good starting point.

God, people mystify me at times.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

The TV part .. getting naked , not the part being pushed into pile of ....

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

My philosophy on hoarding preparing is that if you wait until your neighbor realizes they need to stock up it's too late. That being said, I still could not believe that entire sections of the market would be stripped bare.

LOL, I really had to fight with myself not to go on a frenzy and buy what was left "just in case"!

I went in to Walmart yesterday to pick up a couple of touchless thermometers for work so we could just take everyone's temperature at the door without using any disposable supplies in the office. Silly me, EVERY thermometer, bottle of acetaminophen, etc. was gone. Oh, well.

And I'm with you. What is the POINT of stockpiling water? Unless you live in someplace like Flint, your tapwater is just fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Morgotha

13. Morgotha

I don't know what to file this under, as it's crazy, IMO, but it's also coronavirus related.

Anyway, one of the men I work with went skiing in Switzerland and on his return has been told he has to home quarantine for 2 weeks, so he's out of the picture at work. Now my office manager has had a vacation planned with her family in Mexico and decided to go regardless of the coronavirus situation. Now she and her family are young and healthy, so they aren't likely to die or get really sick from the disease, but what if she can't get back in the country? It just doesn't seem like a good time to leave to me.

Eh, to each their own. Perhaps the best thing to do IS to continue living life to the fullest, and what an adventure it would be to sneak across the border with the Coyotes!

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I am just trying to go ONE DAY without being nauseous over what I am hearing about our possible future for the next several months.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. PepperAnn

Crazy thing for me is, I had spine surgery almost 3 weeks ago since I could barely walk....and now, I am realizing I probably wouldn't have been able to get it at this point, or at least be in a long line.

That might be overthinking, but all I can think about is thank God I had it in time. Lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Hope your feeling better Wendy!

I had surgery for a hernia on the 5th, same situation. It would have been cancelled if it was this week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Morgotha

I've got a tip for you on that.;):)

[​IMG]

Of course, you'll likely be nauseous the NEXT day:(

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. PepperAnn

Hope you are doing better now too! Yeah, if I was forced to, I could do cartwheels with no pain now. But I think I'll refrain and allow it to continue to heal properly. LOL

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

You're right, if your neighbors are stockpiling and you haven't, then you are too late.

I've shared little tid-bits with everyone here about what I've done. Serious and half-joking remarks. But now I'm going to be 100% serious and sincere....

I just engage in general emergency preparedness all of the time, regardless of where the rest of the world is that. When life is good and we're not all on the verge of dying, then I'm making sure that we have a two week supply of bottled water stored up.

Mainly because we actively dip into our stash. lol

I have a 2 week to 1 month supply of non-perishable food like pasta, canned goods, jerky, etc. Those don't expire for a while, but they still need to be eaten at some point, so I check my stores about once a month and pull soon to be expired items from the emergency bins and relocate them into our day-to-day pantry.

I also have a 3 month supply of that "survival food" that can last up to 25 years in storage.

I also have extra gasoline (About 20 gallons) that I can easily dump into my cars after a few months (so they don't go bad) and then I refuel the canisters.

I have a crap-ton of batteries. I have those mini propane tanks that we can hook up to several camping related items that we own. Lanterns, cookers, etc.

I have pain meds, cold/flu meds, first aid kits. thermometers, TP, soap, disinfectant, matches, flint/magnesium strikers, tarps, duct tape, 7 gal. water bins, and a gas powered generator. A lot of those things were accumulated over the years because we go camping a lot. I have a bunch of other things that I'm probably not even remembering at this point.

Oh, guns and ammo. I have them and that's all I'm gonna say. lol

Again, I have this stuff on hand so that I'm prepared for ANY emergency. And it's NOT a lifetime supply. It's a 2 week to 1 month supply, except for the survival food, and I only bought that much because I got a killer deal on the price, 30% off!!!

When news of Coronavirus broke out back in January, I just ramped up my efforts a tiny bit. When we would go grocery shopping, I had a list of extra things that I would get because we were either running low on *bottled water) or I got a little extra because I knew people would eventually panic buy (toilet paper).

I never once had to buy anything in a hurry or miss out on something that was "needed" because I waited too long.

** For those of you who don't have the time of the luxury of having a "small warehouse" of provisions like me, lol, just start small and build on that. Full a backpack full of emergency provisions like meds, first aid, some bottled water, non-perishable food, a flashlight, batteries, matches, and maybe something to help with personal defense.**

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1