Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Covid 19 halts TWD

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Dnae, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Production on FTWD had been halted for 3-4 weeks

Season 11 production for TWD will be pushed back 3-4 weeks down the calendar. So instead of a May start to filming it will be more like a June start to filming

Talking Dead will go dark this Sunday, March 15, and no news of it will return for the remainder of the season

2. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

No talking dead? Why can't they just whispering dead? Or even Skyping or face timing dead?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yeah! They don't need the studio audience. Sure it would be weird and kind of dull, but the show must go on!!!! lol

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, TTD could go on with no studio audience, a skeleton crew, and one guest at a time if they wanted to be safe. The coronavirus would probably improve the quality of the show by nixing the non-TWD related guest, who usually turns out to be a pointless bunghole. Its kind of surprising to me that they are outright cancelling a show that garners over a million average viewers and costs pennies to make compared to a scripted series. For AMC, The Talking Dead is like finding free money in their belly button.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Has there been a special guest on TTD who was worse than Marilyn Manson? Unless I missed an episode, I argue that there has not been one. Ooof!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Sinbad runs a close second

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I thought it was strange too that they canceled. John Oliver is still doing "Last Week Tonight" but without a studio audience. They're even filming it in a different location. They could've had Hardwick in studio and the guests could be remote. They don't have to be sitting on the couch.

I could see them canceling for one week just to prepare for the new format, but just to go on hiatus like this is odd.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

NOPE!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

***********************UPDATE****************************

According to the talk show twitter account they are back this Sunday with SMG; YNB and of course surprise guest (hmmm wonder who that might be)

I doubt the show will be in front of a live audience but not sure if the guests will be in the studio or if guests will be remote.

https://comicbook.com/horror/2020/03/18/talking-dead-announces-show-will-return-this-sunday/

@BlackBird @Neuropyramidal @PepperAnn @tink @Sharpie61 @VenomGA @mistertrouble189 @Stealth @Chr1s @Seventh_son @Miamicuse @Daryl Rocks @purriwinkle

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

They need to bring back last week's guests too. Lol #neversatisfied

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Honestly - I would prefer an episode dedicated to last week rather than the upcoming. I came to terms long ago about Michonne's exit. And if I am being honest, I really have not missed her character's presence this season **shrug** I have a greater interest in finding out about the whereabouts of Connie more so than I do about Michonne's ending story.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

They could remote everyone. No one needs to be in the studio. This makes it easier for guests too. They could interview anyone anywhere.

13. Neuropyramidal

Staying home every evening really makes you hyper-aware of your surroundings. I just realized I have a belly button.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh I remember that one. He was almost as bad. Very annoying.

If I was a celeb and I wasn't a fan, AND my agent asked me to be a guest. I would either decline or I would prepare and watch recent episodes! Or if they just booked me and didn't give details! Hooo boy. Embarrassing!

15. Stealth

This is great news. With so many people stuck inside too it's good that they're continuing on with some semblance of normalcy. I'm really glad they made this decision, because it's been an excellent season and I'd miss seeing the feedback on everything that's happened.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stealth

I've always loved the Michonne character, but I have to agree to your one point about not missing her this half of the season. I think though that's more of a testament to what Kang's done with the story. I do look forward to her final episode though and I think it's been well placed in the second half, after Alpha's death and prior to the big resolution of the Whisperer arc.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

#17 Jag, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Neuropyramidal

The one good thing that might come out of this is that if the virus completely wipes us out, whatever intelligent species evolves next on earth will one day make chicken nuggets shaped like us, the way we do with dinosaurs. And that day will be fantastic.

• Funny Funny x 2