Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Yep, and then they'll spread it to the cashier, you, and everyone else around them.:(

2. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS AND GENIUS

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Half of the people admitted to the ICU in the US are under 65. They are most likely to live, yes, but they can wind up with permanent lung damage for the entirety of their lives. Which, OMG, makes my heart go out to the foolish. The only good thing about their youthful fearlessness, I guess, is that when this is over, they will provide some natural herd immunity for the species, to go along with the luckier people who will achieve immunity through the eventual vaccine.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2...k-newday-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/coronavirus/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

For the past 2 weeks I have either been home or work. I have had groceries delivered, have not stepped foot in a store or restaurant. My office at work is fairly isolated from everyone else and I rarely have a need to interact with customers.

Yesterday I was home so that the back splash in my kitchen could be installed. I closed myself off in my den with my two kitties. After he left I put on a pair of latex gloves and began an OSHA level sanitizing clean.

The idiots I work with (who for the most part are older than me) are not taking this as seriously as I think they should. I steer clear of them, do not touch door knobs with my hands (use a paper towel), can of lysol and disinfectant wipes at the ready. They told me I was being paranoid. My response was - "you say paranoid, I say accepting the reality around me. The reality being that I have to up my awareness game to compensate for those such as yourselves who do nothing"

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. surviving

Glad to know youre safe and ok

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I am so oblivious to how our entire population is behaving, I only just realized some of us older boomers are also not taking this seriously. This was very well written. And now I am going to go stream myself some James Taylor. lol

(Maybe everyone in our particular sub-group is primed to take this seriously because of our decade of loving The Walking Dead.)

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/c...oronavirus-seriously?utm_source=pocket-newtab

• Like Like x 1
  9. PepperAnn

My dad and SISTER aren't. It's driving me bonkers.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I'd bet your parents take it seriously though. Before the polio vaccine was introduced 40,000 children ended up permanently crippled every year. Parents were afraid, every year. In the first year after the vaccine was introduced, it was less than half that. After the second year polio cases were in the hundreds and eventually there were none. You don't have to convince THAT generation about the benefits of public health and vaccines.

Their kids that never had to live through it though? Some of them (the boomers) didn't seem to get the message.

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I can kind of understand why some people who are over the age of 40 aren't taking this seriously or understand the severity. I don't agree with them, but I understand.

We've listened/watched the news for decades and it's all a bunch of doom and gloom BS. They over-hype everything because the news is a business and businesses compete. They compete for ratings and ratings come easier when stories are sensationalized. Shock and awe!

Remember all of the nuclear war with the USSR paranoia? I do. Most of that was hyped by our news media.

Remember AIDS and how it was going to kill everyone? Who put that stupid thought into our heads? Oh, the media.

Remember when the news media lost their minds over Y2K? What happened? Nothing.

Remember 2012 and the Mayan calendar bullshit? The news media over-hyped that to some extent as well (And Art Bell, lol). What happened? Nothing.

Remember in 2004-2005 when there were all of those reports about peak oil and how it was going to run out in 10 years and that life as we knew it would end. Did it? Nope.

Remember all of the other outbreaks and disasters that happened, that were supposed to be a MILLION TIMES worse, but weren't?

Remember us being on the verge of WW3 with North Korea? And WW3-B with Iran? We didn't even come close to that in reality.

And those are just a small sampling of examples of how the boy (media) who cried wolf (fear mongered) got everyone worked up for nothing.

Well the sad thing here, is that just like in the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf, the wolf does eventually come and no one believes him.

In a way, this is what has happened with the Coronavirus for many people. This IS the wolf and they are prone not to believe it because the boy 'cried WOLF!" too many effing times.

Thanks media. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  12. surviving

13. surviving

No it's Democratic conspiracy to tank the economy and keep Trump from being elected. LMAO. It's a few at work that continue to repeat this. Even though Trump seems to have realize the urgency of the situation. These people have hung onto every thing he has said until he changed the way he is handling this situation. Now they are ignoring him. Some people just refuse to believe the gravity of the situation.

• Like Like x 2
  14. surviving

15. surviving

#696 surviving, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Hey, stupid young people!

#ohnowheresmuhdick
    #zztopette

[​IMG]

Get with the friggin' program already.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I had a meltdown today and cried at work.
    Last night my sister in AZ informed me that her 7 month pregnant daughter in law is sick with a fever and having a hard time breathing. She & my nephew work at a nursing home that has already lost patients from the virus. And now she’s sick, and her doctor will be testing her today for the virus. My nephew does not “qualify” to be tested, even though he works at the same place as his wife.
    I didn’t get much sleep because of this, because a new born in the UK had just died from it. I’m worried about them all.

Today
    Some of our customers were chatting about the virus and the new positive case here. I was ringing up a man, who must have been listening to them, as out of the blue he states “ I am so sick of all this fake news media bs. People die every year from the flu “.
    Me: and that’s a shame that that many die every year.
    Him: the media is blowing this out of proportion
    Me: millions dying isn’t out of proportion

I turned and waited on the next customer.
    At lunch he came back with a friend who shoved his cell phone in my face while telling me that I am being too preposterous over this whole thing.
    The phone had the numbers of those who had tested positive.

I told the friend that it has already been proven that China is keeping the number low, as is Russia. And Iran isn’t reporting, but satellite photos showed mass graves with thousands dead. And that even here, not everyone sick with the virus, is being tested. Mind you, all of this took place in front of other customers. (So much for only allowing 10 people at a time in our cafeteria).

My mind then went to my nephew and family, and the next guy in line told me to pay no mind to them, but it was too late. The tears started.
    I did have to step away and compose myself.

Why do people have to be such a** holes.

The truth is out there

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. PepperAnn

I can't believe he went and got reinforcements. :rolleyes:

I'll keep your family in my thoughts love. <3

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

**WARNING** Long post coming.

Maybe they should fire that adviser for being a stupid doo doo head.

Sure. Theoretically speaking, the Coronavirus COULD kill MILLIONS.... if no one did anything about it.

But in reality, the ACTUAL numbers don't support this type of Chicken Little-esque knee jerk claim. The key word here is COULD. But the problem with COULD is that ANYTHING could happen, so that's not a claim based on fact. It's a claim based on insinuation.

We COULD be invaded by space aliens next week..... if we connected a bunch of nonsensical dots.

We COULD go to war with China someday.... if a bunch of circumstantial chain of events all happen to fall into the wrong place.

An asteroid COULD strike the Earth and Bruce Willis COULD sacrifice his life to save humankind, but that shit isn't going to actually happen!

Let's take Italy for example....

They have 1/5 of the population (approx 67 million people) as the US, but they have 5 TIMES as many cases and over 22 TIMES AS MANY DEATHS Let that number sink in.

Do they have millions of deaths from Coronavirus? Nope.

From Day 1 of their 1st case to Day 47 (now) they've amassed over 41,000 infections.

Their median population is 10 years older than that of the USA.

The median age of the people who've died in Italy is 80 years old.

Compare that to the USA....

Population: 330 million people.
    Number of cases: 11,274
    Number of deaths: 157 (1.4% of infections)
    80% of those deaths are people over 65 years old. (126 people)
    90% of THOSE are people who ALREADY had more than 1 major pre-existing health condition. (113 people)

Day 1 of our first infection to Day 56 (9 days longer than Italy) has amassed 11,274 infections.

Sure.... I guess millions of Americans could die from Coronavirus if we did nothing about it. But we're doing something.

I commend you for providing us with a lot of helpful articles, info and updates. But you're taking that info and sprinkling in conjecture to make a point.

I'm just looking at the numbers as they are and as they come in, and applying some freaking common sense. I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Also, I'm an optimist :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1