Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Epi 1013 What We Become Opening Minutes

Discussion in 'Episode 1013 - What We Become' started by Dnae, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

What the hell is happening in this opening?!? Don't misunderstand - it is intriguing for sure but, WTF?!?

• Like Like x 5
  2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Someone said it’s her reimagining what would have happened if she went a different route aka left Andrea to die. Also suggested we’ll see her execute Negan with the Lucille bat too judging by that one shot from the trailer. A bunch of hallucinations/dreams Michonne be having?? Should be interesting to see what the hell is going on lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Lawd she better not end up in a helicopter, Jadis/Anne looming over her and the song Space Junk playing

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah it has to be something like that. An alternate universe imagination. This should be an interesting episode. Its also 73 minutes, so they are packing a little extra in there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

The question is: why that specific scene with Andrea?
    I think, that scene must have something to do with what Michonne is facing on that island. Maybe, she is facing a situation where another blonde is running away from walkers and that reminds her of her first contact with Andrea? But nothing bad happened back then when Michoone helped saving Andrea....hmmm

This cannot be random hallucination.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I really think the above mentioned by @mistertrouble189 is what's going on.

That scene with Andrea represents Michonne's turning point from going through the motions, to being human with human feelings again.

I totally agree this is a what if kind of scene. What if I hadn't saved her? Where would I be?

And the reason I think this, is because this is her last episode....and a reflection of her experiences throughout the years.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

HEADS UP - I just watched a sneak peek for Sundays episode and in my opinion it gives far too much away.

I would suggest you err on the side of caution and just forego watching any sneak peeks about this episode if you wish to remain completely spoiler free
    @BlackBird @Chr1s @NakedCity @PepperAnn @Neuropyramidal @Daryl Rocks @purriwinkle @Seventh_son @Rapscallion @walkon @Tigger @92Pony @H5N1 @VenomGA @Terminator @Blueman @mistertrouble189USER=101522]@Miamicuse @Toothpick

and @Sharpie61 although you always post the TSDF spoilers in the spoiler section.

#7 Dnae, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I already know a few tidbits from the episode.

The truth is out there

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

You nailed it. I've been wondering for months what the whole Lucille clip was about and was beginning to think it was only done for promotional purposes, but this would explain it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I’d love to see all these parallel universes: had she made a different decision here, there, what consequences they’d would have led to. I’d happily watch a whole episode of that. All those what-ifs... they’re always so fascinating.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The what ifs are interesting for me too. With the TV side taking a different turn than the comics, I'd really be interested in a telling of the TWD story along the straight line of Rick and Carl surviving until the end. I think Kang could've done an amazing job with that. It's too bad she didn't get the show from Gimple a little sooner.

They'll never do it, but I'd love the movies if they did them as an alternate timeline Rick Grimes. That would be a lot of fun.

12. BlackBird

I don’t like the idea of the movies, to be honest. I’d much rather have them do a couple of bottle episodes* with Rick’s story, as part of TWD. One early next season, to get us upto speed with him. One current at the beginning of S12. And one with the reunion with Michonne and the kids and Daryl in the final episode of S12. The End.

*I swear these would be bottle episodes noone would complain about. :D

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I do not mind the idea of a "movie" but just not a movie in theaters.

I would prefer 3 stand alone event type movies airing on AMC.

I am of the opinion the theater thing is simply Scott Gimple wanting to play with the big kids.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I just don't see myself at this point, going to the theater for this. Maybe even out of protest. Lol

15. BlackBird

I’m so excited about this episode.

I am gutted we are losing Michonne from the show, but I have to agree, they’ve done a pretty good job of weaning us off her, and it seems the show can keep afloat without her, as well as without Rick.

But knowing Rick is alive somewhere and we will see him again is a very important part of my enjoyment of the show. I like having that knowledge at the back of my mind.

So now I will just need to know that, when Michonne leaves, she will be on her way to find Rick. Then I can carry on enjoying the story of the rest of our survivors happily.

We have been looking forward to Michonne finding out about Rick for over a year. She’s waited 6 years. So I’m really excited to see how this will go down.

I mean, this will happen, right? There’s no possible other way of writing Michonne out of the story?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. BlackBird

Hm... Optimistic? Lol.

I guess I am operating on the mathematical chances that if I post all my theories I’m bound to be right at least on half of them. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Well we will find out tonight!!!!