Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Thanks

My sister said that Morgie was feeling a bit better last night. Her temperature is down to 101,
    Her doctor said that if positive, she will have to do breathing treatments. DK why.

My sister also said that AZ called out the National Guard. They are on lockdown

The truth is out there

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

THIS is what tone deaf is.

A Guinness-loving miniature pony in England was “devastated” after the coronavirus led to the cancelation of his boozy birthday party at the local pub -- so he held an impromptu celebration outside.

Around 100 people were scheduled to attend a village pub to mark the second birthday of the stout-loving Shetland on St Patrick's Day. But the four-hoofed drinker, aptly named Patrick, as he was born on March 17, was kept away by his owners after Prime Minister Boris Johnson warned against mass gatherings in pubs.

[​IMG]

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/coronavirus-mini-pony-party-owner-claims

3. Morgotha

California issued a stay at home order to all residents.

"
    California has issued a "stay at home" order to residents as it tries to stem the march of the coronavirus across the most populous US state.

Governor Gavin Newsom told Californians they should only leave their homes when necessary during the pandemic.

He earlier estimated more than half of the 40 million people in his state would contract Covid-19 in just the next two months."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51970815

4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes, I got both. The sugar cubes were given in a drive in system. I think this was before fast foods outlets like McDonalds did that? Or maybe McDonalds did do that. I never went once as a child, so I'm not sure. Anyway, polio sugar cubes was my first drive in experience.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lindigo

I don't know what to make of the projection that over half of Californians will have the virus in two months. I can believe the exponential results of the math, but does he understand human behavior? Are people really going to be that unable to wash their hands and stay inside? And if half of the population will be infected by the end of May, what is the point in keeping us all at home anyway? Medical care would have collapsed. That curve would not be smoothed. And so virtually all the rest of us would have it by the end of June?

I think he is making this prediction to get the assistance of a navy medical ship. Yeah, that's not going to help very much for a supposed 20 million sick people. This projection just demoralizes the populace.

#725 Lindigo, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  6. Lindigo

Recovery is my plan, too. It must be something about human nature, or maybe it is a realistic look at the odds. Actually, my first plan is to have already contracted it and not even noticed because I am one of the people who just shrug it off without noticing anything amiss. Getting well and getting on with future life with permanent immunity is my Plan B. lol

7. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

True. But in Italy, total lockdown has not been effective in reducing. If what I've read still holds true Italy is still one week from the peak in the current wave.

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Lawd help me. I just spoke with my mother who is in her 80s and she actually said to me "I need a hair cut, I need to schedule an appointment". AARRGGHHH I had to put on my daughter knows better than mother hat and tell her "NO you do not need a hair cut. That is not an essential. DO NOT go to the salon" Next words out of her mouth were "but I always take the last appointment of the day and I am usually the only one in there". I had to point out to her that the person cutting her hair was going to be all up in her business!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Morgotha

I'd be willing to bet a Chinese lockdown is somewhat different than an Itallian lockdown...:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Morgotha

Welp, my opinion of California just went lower. One of the businesses exempted from the shut down, ruled essential, and allowed to continue seeing customers? Marijuana dispensaries! :eek:

I guess in a way it makes sense, though. I mean the last thing you'd want when the state is shut down is to have all the homeless, drug addicts, and newly-released prisoners being agitated. Best to keep them as "mellow" as possible. In fact, maybe the state should start giving out *free* marijuana...

"
    Coronavirus may be spreading throughout California, but at least the cannabis industry there isn’t going up in smoke.

A “safer at home” emergency order issued by the city Thursday night lists “cannabis dispensaries with a medicinal cannabis license” as being among the “essential” businesses that are permitted to keep their doors open during the outbreak."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-coronavirus-lockdown-cannabis-essential-business

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

It sounds like we have the same game plan, lol. Good luck to both of us!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. purriwinkle

Welcome to my world. It’s encouraging to find out I’m not the only one with an elderly parent that doesn’t quite get it. It’s maddening, lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. purriwinkle

It’s a smart thing to keep people mellow while they’re virtually imprisoned in their homes. I don’t think I would light up a joint cause this virus effects the lungs but I wouldn’t mind some cannabis brownies. You can’t go wrong with chocolate and pot.

If you’re in the cannabis business, that means you’re out to make legitimate money. I doubt very much that the homeless and newly released prisoners would make good customers. Unfortunately, the people you cite are probably using much stronger drugs they get on the streets.
    Did FOX write an article on how the opioid dealers are going to fare? Are first responders going to be out as much with their Narcan in the midst of this crisis?

14. Morgotha

California doesn't license streetcorner opiod dealers (yet), and as by definition they are willing to break the law, I doubt if the governor telling them to stop doing what they're doing will be very effective. Therefore, FOX wouldn't have a reason to write an article on them.

What Newsome *should* do is outlaw the sale of Tobacco. That would save a lot of lives, probably more so than will be affected by this virus. I wonder if he will...

And on the homeless and prisoners? Please. They buy cheap liquor, and they'll buy cheap pot. To a business like this ANY customer is a good customer.

On it being smart to use drugs to keep people mellow? No, I'm not going to sign on to sedating the populace in order to pacify them.

15. purriwinkle

Dear, you’re too serious. You could use some pot.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ummmm, cancer sufferers?

• Like Like x 1
  17. purriwinkle

It’s said to be effective in managing the symptoms of many different medical disorders. If it’s legal in your state, and we’re talking about medical dispensaries there’s no big story there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Morgotha

Yeah, I've been a bit negative this morning, that's for sure. Time for a bit of mental relaxation:

[​IMG]

Ahhh.... that's better.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Morgotha

IMO someone with end stage cancer (or any terminal disease) should be able to do or take whatever they want.

That IMO is not the clientele of most of these shops.