Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

2. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I woke up sort of depressed. I guess its the uncertainty. The governor in my state (Delaware ) declared non essential businesses to close starting 8am today (3/24). I have 2 doctor appointments set up for 3 weeks from now. One is a yearly recheck , the other is a twice a year recheck requiring a prior lab visit to take blood and urine. I am not crazy going to any of the 3 places. I dont know if they can renew prescriptions over the phone without seeing me. I am waiting to closer to the appointments to call.
    I went jogging and feel better. It's a little cool but the sun is shining bright which cheered me up.
    I got nervous Sunday when I heard about governors order (will stay in effect until May 15! unless public health threat is eliminated.). I was stocked up on food and food for the feral cat that I have been feeding for years but thought pet store might be considered nonessential. I went monday and got a 30 pound bag of the hard food she likes and several boxes of the soft food she likes in case at end on May 15 the emergency is extended a significant period.

3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Infections in New York comprise over have of the cases in the US now.

[​IMG]

I can't get a screen shot of the stats for NY because you have to hover over them with my mouse, which then makes it difficult for me to take another screen shot. Anyway, NY cases are currently at 25,565 and the vast majority of those cases are happening in NYC.

Reason #327 why I would not enjoy living in a very large city like that. The only way to do proper social distancing, is to never leave your 400 SF apartment. Ugh!

4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Same here.

5. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Dude, here's some thoughts... You might need to eat that cat. Just saying. (Just kidding)

Second, I didn't know you lived in America's first state! That's cool.

Third, I think a lot of doctors are allowing for patients to do Rx refills at this time due to the circumstances. My doc is allowing patients to refill. Definitely ask.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. surviving

But they did determine who patient zero was infected by

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Patient negative one????

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. purriwinkle

Scary but understandable since NYC is the largest city in the US. I haven't looked at the stats for every county in NY but it’s not as bad in Western NY.. For instance., last I looked Monroe County (biggest city Rochester) had 80 confirmed cases and Erie County (biggest city Buffalo) had 77 cases. That’s not including the number of people in mandatory quarantine but the count changes almost daily as more people are tested. There have been two deaths in Monroe county. The first was a 54 yr. old man with underlying health problems. I haven’t read anything yet about the second victim.

#830 purriwinkle, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  11. Morgotha

I don't think that the "hug a Chinese" campaign is the direct cause of spread, BUT it's indicative of the type of *attitude* that would lead to a rapid spread of disease.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I've been watching NY very closely because I have family all over that state. A few relatives I'm very worried about who live in Queens. But my family in Western NY, Up State, the majority who live in the North Country seem to be doing good.

I think that's how it is, or will play out in most states. As you know, Washington got hammered 2-3 weeks ago. But it was all up in Seattle which is the biggest city in the Pacific NW. I'm 3 hours south and there's only a handful of cases and people here seem to be a little better about following the rules of social distancing compared to people in California and Florida. Not much better though. ;)

13. Morgotha

Did you see the number of students?

"The private evangelical Christian university in Lynchburg has a total of 100,000 students, the school's website says, of whom about 46,000 are undergraduates, according to the U.S. News & World Report. About 57 percent of Liberty's residential students live on campus, the university says."

Liberty University has more students than UCLA or USC!:eek::eek: I thought it was one of those 100 people-in-all schools.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Morgotha

Tell them you've been coughing a lot lately but really need your prescriptions refilled. They'll probably figure out a way to call them in for you. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I guess that's the only thing I have a problem with. I don't want to blame or point fingers, and I definitely don't want to do that based on some faulty "correlation = causation" type of argument.

But was this idea to virtue signal that "we're not bigots" the best idea in the world? Did this mayor NEED to start a hug a Chinese person campaign?

What prompted this campaign? Was there violence against Chinese people? If so, deal with the perps! Were people just being rude to Chinese people or avoiding them BECAUSE they were Chinese? If not, then if it's not broke, don't try to fix it. If there were situations like that, then find a more constructive way to educate the local population.

I don't care if my skin color is yellow, white, brown, green, blue, orange, or red.... if some RANDO came up to me and started hugging me, I'd be like WTF?!?!? "Why are you touching me?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. purriwinkle

I’m happy to hear everything is going good with the relatives.
    Sorry, about the weird post. I’ve dropped my IPad so many times, it’s jumpy and does strange things. Hubs finally got a protective cover for it but I think the damage is already done.

• Like Like x 1
  17. surviving

They are including online students in that number. It's only 20000 students who actually attend classes on campus. But still I wonder how many of them attended spring break in Florida? Lynchburg VA may become a miniature NYC. Im unhappy about this. I work at a company that is considered essentail. I was given papers yesterday to present to police if I get stopped. I have to be at work everyday now.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Morgotha

My worst experience with an iPad was dropping one in the jacuzzi. I wrapped it in towels and put it in a warming drawer on the lowest setting, and it recovered from that, so those things are pretty tough! Maybe you could look on Youtube to see if there's a "usually jostled loose when dropped" section or something and find a common fix. You never know!

• Like Like x 1
  19. surviving

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. purriwinkle

Thanks for the info. They’ve got to be tough cause as many times as it’s happened, anything else would be kaput but I am experiencing problems now. I’ll look into it.