Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1013 What We Become Rating Thread

Discussion in 'Episode 1013 - What We Become' started by Dnae, Mar 21, 2020.

?

What say you?

1. 10/9 A splendid send off for Michonne. Damn near perfect

23.5%
  2. 8/7 A solid send off for Michonne.

11.8%
  3. 6/5 Middling. Not great, not awful. Simply put...a good episode, average in nature

41.2%
  4. 4/3 A sub par episode. No great moments. No great revelations.

11.8%
  5. 2/1 A woeful episode. 'Nuff said

11.8%
  1. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

How was she not lying? If we take for granted that the timeline merged and that the hint about Alpha not being able to hurt them implied Judith knew she was dead, they're still in a lot of trouble. With Hilltop being almost destroyed and Beta coming for them, Judith's confidence was either pretty dumb or calculated to get her naive mother go after her dada. Anyway, the whole thing was rushed and poorly written.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I was disappointed with this episode. Going with 5.

I love Michonne and I was so looking forward to this episode, expecting the "finding out about Rick" part. And I'm very happy that she did, and she's on her way to find him, that's the best possible exit for this character and a promise for a very good ending to TWD.

Yet.

I agree with people who were saying Michonne was annoyingly not on her game.
    I've actually found myself strangely detached from my favourite female character... I think it wasn't a great decision to have such a long gap after her last appearance on the show. And I didn't like this story at all. Just not believable, any part of it.

I enjoyed the alternative world scenes. Interested to learn what the writing on the phone says, and who these people are Michonne is joining on her journey.

I wished Michonne talked to Daryl. He could have been in the room with Judith when she was talking to Michonne. I hope we won't be denied to see his reaction when he finds out about Rick. It should have happened in this episode, and some exchange between Michonne and Daryl.

I'm left somewhat deflated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Of for ****'s sakes. You're taking this way too seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

That's uselessly aggressive. Go take a walk.

5. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

This episode was disappointing in my opinion. I enjoyed the artsy hallucinations and the ending reveal, but Virgil and everything else felt cheap and a waste of time. Classic filler.

5 or a 6 from me. I feel bad bc I like Michonne/DG but overall, this episode did not fit in the flow of everything going on 10B (and I realize handling Michonne’s exit was a challenge).

Glad we got this episode over though, back to the main storyline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It's a good point. The show has often jumped around in the time line. We don't know how long it took for them to get to the island and we don't know how long they were there. One day of her being in the cell, maybe a few more of them fixing the boat. We don't know.

We might get a scene in the final episode of the season where Judith answers the radio and it's revealed that she told Michonne the war was over after it is actually over.

7. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Even if they do do something like that (which I doubt they will because the TWD universe has never been real good at making plot points fit together) it is still a terrible scene because it would still be the leader of Alexandria taking the word of a eight or nine year old that everything was ok after the community had just been through a hellish event.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That's very fair. I agree the scene feels off, like Michonne left to go get weapons to stop the whisperers and a few days later Judith is all "Nah, it's cool, that bitch is dead" and Michonne's all "Ok, well I'm gonna dip then, hopefully I'll be back one day. I mean you are my kids and all but I gotta go get my boyfriend.".

It would have made way more sense for her to return to the group in the last episode, find out everything is ok and THEN go off to find Rick.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I think Kang was going more for emotion on that scene than logic. She was playing to the people who have been attached to this character for about seven or eight years now who just wanted to have an emotional goodbye and would probably look past the fact that the scene really didn't make that much sense. At least I hope that is the case. I havn't been as thrilled with Kang as some of you have been as in my opinion while she is good with dialogue she at the same time doesn't always structure stories very well. And this would be a very noticeable indication of that.

It does make me wonder if some of these actors are just done with this show though. You would think that Danai would want a more solid conclusion to her character than her taking the word of an eight year old that everything is ok. Then again while she may be done with the show she would probably enjoy the pay day and exposure that a movie would bring if it ever happens so she probably is good with them simply deciding not to kill the character off.

#29 lastcat3, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yes. It is not that she does not trust Judith but it would make more sense if Daryl told her assuring that everything is OK now.

I suppose it would take a few days to make the journey back from the island to ASZ. Why not just make this trip back and get better prepared. Get better equipped. Tell the others the plan to go north. Bring a few redshirts along. Afterall, it has been years already and it does not hurt any to spend a week more to plan a well prepared trip.

But, then again, Judith's logic is that the ASZers are doing OK and Rick might not and so it is better to go straight to find him just in case he is not doing OK.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

No. I'm as entitled to my opinion as anyone on here. And all this nonsense of criticizing Michonne's going to look for Rick is stupid.

12. TVShows4ever

TVShows4ever New Member

I really enjoyed this one, it's an 8 for me!