Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What’s Negan playing at?

Discussion in 'Episode 1011 - Morning Star' started by BlackBird, Mar 8, 2020.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Based on the comics and how Negan initially walked into the whisperer camp, and how he was sussing out the relationship between Alpha and Beta, it seemed straightforward what his game plan was.

But that game plan seems to have gotten increasingly complex and obscure with each episode, and here we are now, at the Battle of Hilltop, and Negan is still with the whisperers, Alpha’s head is still firmly attached to her body, and Negan is fighting with the enemy against our people.

So what is his master plan?

1. He’s still planning on taking out Alpha and Beta and coming good with the Alexandrians. He’s just waiting for the right time to act. #eyeroll
    2. He’s planning on taking out Alpha and Beta so that he can become Alpha and take over leading this group, rebuilding his old life with some variations.
    3. He’s actually getting really impressed with Alpha? Falling for her charms?
    4. He might have come in with a game plan but now he’s uncertain and has no ****ing clue how it’s all going to go down? Cruising?

Something else?

And how do you think this will all end for him?

1. Becomes a villain again?
    2. Dies as a villain?
    3. Dies as a hero?
    4. Comes good in the end? If so, just how last minute will that be? And how do you think it will play out?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am completely baffled by this particular story line. Never in my wildest moments of speculation did I see it going in the direction we find him taking.

He better make a drastic change in the coming episodes or he will replace Carol on my "so over it/him/her" list

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think they are going to basically follow the comic arc. Hopefully soon! Maybe 1012/13?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I feel that when we find out exactly how Negan got out of his cell in the first place all will become very clear.

5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's taking too long for me. I thought when he told her that they should just make them surrender that he was giving Alpha a chance to not wipe everyone out. Then when she showed her cards at Hilltop I thought he was going to stop her, but then he just joined in with the whole flaming arrow attack.

I get the feeling that he's still going to flip and support our survivors, but at this stage I don't know if that's going to work for me as far as his redemption goes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yes, and he's had Alpha alone a number of times too. It's not as if he's even working to sabotage anything like Dante did at Alexandria, or Dwight when he worked against Negan from within the Saviors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I still think he's on our side. No way he hurts Judith. I think he will be the one to save her. Alpha is going to be killed in the shed we saw in the preview. That's my guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I believe Negan is Team AHO. He’s waiting for the right time to prove himself. Can’t give himself away too early.

There was one shot in the 1012 promo that has me believe Negan will make a move or something.

9. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Hope you’re right and that is the case!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I think Negan will become a hero. Whether he survives or not is in question for me. I think he was caught off guard when Alpha said she'd bring the Hilltoppers in, but as part of her horde. But he couldn't do anything at that moment. He's has to take both Alpha and Beta out at the same time (basically) and he wasn't prepared to do that yet. I certainly don't think he wants to be in charge of a bunch of walkers and dead skin wearing lunatics and although impressed with some of Alpha's tactics I don't think he's "falling" for her/it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. walkon

walkon Active Member

Well, I guess I always leaned towards thinking that it was Carol who let Negan out and sent him on a seek and destroy mission. I suspect his trip with Alpha into the pit made him two flushes shy a tidy bowl. Maybe seeing the Hilltop attacked will wake him up and cause him to fully flush next episode. . . not braggin on him. He's a pretty sick puppy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

You sounded like Eugene in this post! lol

• Funny Funny x 6
  13. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

SO I went back and re-read that post in Eugene's 'voice' - that was great! Thanks! LOL!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Where is beta when negan and alpha are having their 'moments'?

I want a negan v beta showdown

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. walkon

walkon Active Member

lol. . Eugene is my 2nd favorite WD character. I think McDermitt does a brilliant job with him! I turn on the captions when I know he'll be on. I can't catch all he says if I don`t and he cracks me up. When he wore those shorts with those clunky boots it was funny BUT the funniest part was that he had that nerd walk down to perfection! What an amusing and interesting charactor Josh gave life to. Hope he's on the show for a long run.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I really enjoyed the scene where Negain was out there in the woods and let a walker walk by him then he turned around and did that again with a skin mask over himself. For some reason I just can't stop laughing at that.