Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Princess

Discussion in 'Episode 1014 - Look at the Flowers' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Looking forward to meeting this character? Will they play her off as basically the same as in the comic? Did she put the walkers in the cages that are in the countryside as well?

2. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I know nothing about her character and I'm always open to someone new on the show. A little apprehensive of yet another batshit crazy person straight out of a pantomime, but I thought the scene she created with the walkers like puppets in an installation was fabulously dark and funny at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Do not know if she will be like the comic character (as I do not read the comics) but I think it was she putting the 'dark humor' show of walker along the way. I think she did this along time ago but likely she did it recently in order to 'impress' this Eugene who is coming into town.
    And, look at that machine gun (M249 SAW ?). After all these years, she still had access to the ammo. And she must also know enough about gun maintenance to have that gun working.
    I wonder if this is Stephanie that Eugene talked to on the radio. Her voice and tone (and basically her entire style) just do not add up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I would say that princess and stephanie are 2 different people

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

She reminds on someone that would have been on Z Nation.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yep. In the comic she was basically just a character that Kirkman could say all his kooky jokes through. She was brought into the comic when Negan's time was about done and was just an avenue Kirkman could continue to write the type of humor that he liked to write.

Based on her introduction into the show I think she will be much the same way as she was in the comic.

Not even sure why they needed to bring the Princess into the show to begin with. She basically was only introduced about twenty issues before the comic ended and she didn't really do anything significant other than be a character that Kirkman could write funny dialogue through. Unless they just want to show her have sex with someone as the Princess did that about two or three times in the twenty issues she was in the comic.

7. walkon

walkon Active Member

I haven't read the comics so I had no idea who this wacko was. I was just hoping they would hold on with a strong hand to the horses lest she spooked them and they had to walk back on foot homeward. I ain't seen such a sight since granny hung her bloomers out to dry. . . lol

8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I can say he loses a bit of my respect if she was just added in to be a wandering megaphone to do slapstick humour out of all the time. As Negan did say crazy stuff but he still had a role of value to hold.

9. Blueman

Ah, OK. I do not read the comics and so I do not know.
    It makes much more sense now that they are 2 different characters.

10. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, they are not yet in the city where they planned to meet Stephanie, because they said they can't stay. They are still on their journey. In fact, the city they are in seems to be fictional, as far as I can tell, because there is no city that size on the way to Charleston, WV. I checked the skylines of a handful of cities that could be contenders if they went like 100 miles out of their way, and nothing matched there either. A lot of times they actually try to match the skylines of real cities. This time, it seems not. Just a made up city, unless they really rearranged the geography and made this a city way out of the way.

11. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I didn’t read the comics but was not a fan of Princess - she seemed like someone who had escaped the loony bin when the world went to shit.

but TV Princess? I kind of like her. And I say that after watching the 1015 opening minutes. I’ll give Princess a change. Also I’m gonna call her Juanita lol.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Blueman

I did not catch that they said they can't stay. I thought the trio has arrived at the agreed meeting point with Stephanie and then this pink lady just shows up.

(Edit:- no wonder I did not catch them saying they can't stay. They will say it in the next episode! I just watched the 'opening minutes' of 'Tower' 10x16)

BTW, I search a little in the net and, in the comics, this Princess is in Pittsburgh. So, if TV show matches the comics, then that city should be Pittsburgh. By some online pics of Pittsburgh, that tall building with a pyramid top (seen by the trio when they approach the city) could be ''Highmark Corporation Headquarters'' in downtown Pittsburgh?

Not sure how this 'Pittsburgh' fits into the geography between Alexandria and their final destination.

#12 Blueman, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  13. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, she was in Pittsburgh in the comics, but they were on their way to Ohio in the comics. I'm not seeing much of a Pittsburgh skyline there and if they are in Pittsburgh, then the show has totally changed the geography of the northeastern part of the U.S. Typically they try to make things at least sort of match up with the geography. They even use real route numbers of highways that make sense much of the time, and if you do a little research you can often even map out the exact route they are taking when they travel.

So my guess is they wouldn't suddenly put Pennsylvania in between Virginia and West Virginia, but.....I imagine we'll never know for sure unless someone tells us either in dialogue or behind the scenes.

14. lastcat3

If they planned on them going through a city like that I wonder why they just didn't say Stephanie was in Ohio like she was in the comic so people could easily just say this is meant to be Pittsburgh as well.

15. bula412

If they went out of the way, you could maybe say its Baltimore? That wouldnt necessarily be the route I would go to west virginia but at least it's somewhat reasonable I guess, if you were going to go up through western MD to get there. It would be a feasible route currently by car. On horseback its probably best to cut across virginia

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

16. Neuropyramidal

That's a possibility, but if so they are again really playing with the geography. If they are in Baltimore, then they are actually a little bit farther away from Charleston, WV than when they started. From clues we've seen over the years, Hilltop is somewhere around 20 to 40 miles west of the Chesapeake Bay.

17. bula412

It wouldnt make much sense to go past baltimore but it is possible to travel that way. Traveling by horseback and without traffic, going west across VA would be the logical way to go.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

18. Blueman

I have a theory of how the trio is going from ASZ to Charleston, WV. See pic.
    https://imgur.com/a/yhrADyL

They did not use the blue (shorter) route due to inaccessibility of various road blocks.

So, they 'googled' (lol) and decided to use the upper grey route (270 connecting to 68).

But, they discovered another inaccessibility (the red arrow) and so they detoured further up north towards Pittsburgh, hoping to use 79 to get down to Charleston, WV.

Does this make sense?

19. lastcat3

Maybe. If they actually gave some indication of the trouble with the route in the actual show. But all we have is them entering a city. It would have been better for them to just wait until season 11 to do this and then they could spend an entire episode on their troubles getting to this place.

20. bula412

I was just going by the google maps route. I think it wouldn't make much sense to go that way