Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[1014] Rate the Flowers

Discussion in 'Episode 1014 - Look at the Flowers' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 29, 2020.

?

Just do it.

1. 10)Bed of roses.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. 8

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. 7

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1)Stinking Corpse Lily

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Do it now, tulip!

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Not a horrible episode, but this one was a bit weaker for me, and had some flaws such as Daryl kneeling to Negan so readily and everyone leaving with Eugene so quickly. The 'traveling to Stephanie' arc seems a bit rushed.

I give this one an 8.0

3. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Sure better than the Michonne bottle episode, but pretty weak as far as this season goes. I think the hallucinations have been much overdone in this show. The only interesting ones were from Rick when he was dying. The worst were from Rick when he was seeing his wife everywhere.... This was real close to the latter.

Eugene is an ass. And that country singer revelation crap was boring. I prefer Beta as Michael Myers and I think I'll get what I want.

The bright stuff came from Negan, but was way too predictable. Ezekiel had a few good moments too.

• Like Like x 3
  4. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Definitely better than the Michonne bottle episode.

I enjoyed Carol's hallucinations, mostly because we got to see a bit more of Samantha Morton. But it also made sense to me that Carol was still having this dialogue with Alpha in her head as she never got closure with her, and as she's been so obsessed with Alpha for so long.

Point deducted for the painfully predictable "last minute gather your superpowers and escape imminent death yet again" moment. I also felt there was a scene missing at the end of Carol deciding to come back and a final closure with Alpha.

I enjoyed all the Beta scenes. A bit too stretched out perhaps, but I stayed engaged. Slightly confused about whose headquarters did he find with his records and the freshly made bed?

The scene with Negan proclaimed as the new Alpha! Lol. His face and Daryl's were priceless, and I thought the theatrics of them bringing down the Whisperers together was fabulous. You could see where it was going to go, but not the how, I thought it was done brilliantly.

The introduction of the new character at the end who's created a happy Sunday afternoon scene with walkers as puppets, was one of the most deliciously dark and funny things on the show and I liked it a lot.

Further points deducted for

• the poor setting-up-to-see-Stephanie scenes and the random decisions about who's going with Eugene and why. No one mentions the obvious reason for Ezekiel, that they might have a way to help him with his cancer? Why else would he go? And the Magna-Yumiko dialogue just made no sense whatsoever, it's like the names got mixed up in the script for the dialogue. Surely it was Yumiko who we saw becoming the leader of Hilltop, the one who liked it there, the one who wanted to and should have stayed. Surely it was Magna who was already considering moving on before Hilltop went down, and the one who was more about adventures, and she should have been the one leaving. I liked the goodbye though between Jerry and Zeke.
    • no one mentioning Connie!!! I found this the most infuriating omission. Jerry welcomes Magna back from the dead like she was his best friend (???) but doesn't even ask "how about Connie?" Previously we were shown over and over how close-knit Magna's group was. Now it seems nobody gives a shit about Connie still missing. Yumiko goes off on an adventure, Magna is sitting on her ass, Kelly is who knows where. We haven't even seen Daryl actively looking for her yet. He was just randomly in the woods, looking for Lydia perhaps? This just doesn't make sense. I guess this storyline is on hold, but not to even mention her name seems very odd.
    • it being Carol who let Negan out, not Daryl. It feels contrived, and it would have made a lot more sense to me and a lot more interesting story if it had been Daryl. But hey.

So it's a 7 from me.

#4 BlackBird, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah was better than the mess that was the Michonne episode but yeah still wasn't all that good. They really should have spent more time discussing the cross country trip. We basically got one scene and one speech before people were all up for going. And God how they sometimes dumb down people in order to fit the scene in this show. Yeah ten years into the apocalypse someone is just going to hand over their weapon to an unarmed individual like that. Give me a break.

And oh God not Princess. From the looks of things they are going to make her just as kooky as she was in the comic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I give it a solid 8. There were some things lacking, but overall, it was good

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Good episode, not great, better than the last one.

8. walkon

walkon Active Member

I didn`t expect to like this one as much as I did. It was much, much better than Michonne's send off . I thnk we saw Carol finally hit rock bottom and decide she didn't want to give up. She decided to choose life.
    Blow after blow Carol would keep going but she never had the luxury of a timely healing. She was rough wth most everyone in her life because she was afraid of loving and then the inevitable loosing. The only person to get part way in was Daryl and that was because they were both damaged goods an understood each other. When she finally decided to give Ezekiel and Henry a chance and dare to care she was again devastated. Ezekiel blaming her for Henry's death was the catalyst for her plunge into her breakdown.
    She got her revenge but didn't like the price tag that came with it. At the end of it all she faced the truth and decided she wasn't a quitter. Carol faced deatah and wanted to live. She started to fight for her life, and leave the poison of revenge behind. She is ready to face the consequences of her actions. Carol grabbed on to her bootstraps and pulled herself up. She`s ready to heal and live again.
    When I saw Daryl 's face when he let her in the gate I thought he had hope and forgivness on his face. His hopes looked dashed when she walked on through not expecting forgiveness. Now Carol needs to forgive herself.

Not expecting to like this episode I was pleasantly surprised. I found in it an episode of cautious hope on the part of several characters.
    I gave it a 9

9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I thought the episode was ok but I found a lot of what happened confusing.

*I also thought that Jerry not asking about Connie was strange when he greeted Magna. Have they given her up for dead so soon?

* it looked to me that the Hilltop survivors where still at their rendezvous location. When are they going to organize and start traveling to Alexandria? It seems like more of the talk should have been about that rather than Eugene and his radio pal. I can see him telling Yumiko and maybe Ezekiel privately but why the big public announcement? Then, why would two of the leaders take off on what could be a wild goose chase instead of getting the survivors to a safer environment? Eziekel maybe because of his medical condition but certainly not Yumiko...especially since Eugene was supposed to be keeping this on the down low.

* then I was confused, first about the room that was practically a shrine to Beta’s pre apocalypse life. Then what the hell happened to Ezekiel's horse? My screen was so dark I couldn’t figure out what happened.

* Moving on to Carol. I liked how they used Alpha to symbolize the defeatist voice in Carol’s head as she struggled with what she was feeling now that she supposedly got what she wanted.
    What I didn’t understand was what was she doing when part of the house(?) collapsed down on her and why was she doing that? I’m glad she decided she wanted to live though.

* I was a little bit ambivalent about this new character, Princess. She seemed a little weird to me although she gave Zeke a good laugh which made me think perhaps she’s ok. I reserve judgement since I don't read the comics.

* I did like the scenes with Negan and Daryl. Well played out. What occurred to me was what has happened to the rest of the Whisperers? Two sought out Negan as their leader....not Beta...cause I guess the one who kills the Alpha takes over the pack but since they aren’t returning will the pack scatter? It looks like Beta is only leading the walkers now behind him with no other ‘human’ herders.

• Like Like x 3
  10. BlackBird

This. Yes. You’re so right. The whole thing with this part of the episode was just off.

11. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

It's a little odd with the shows timing of them leaving to go find this community. In the comic it didn't happen until after the Whisperer War was already finished. I think the show wants to end the season with them being introduced to this new community and that is why they chose to swap things up. It would make more sense though for them to do it the way the comic did.

12. BlackBird

I still don’t understand that space. The bed looked so clean and feminine. It didn’t feel like Beta’s place. Can you imagine Beta getting into his jim-jams?

It felt to me more like a fan’s place.

I think when Zeke was cornered by those walkers, one of them must have bitten the horse?

13. BlackBird

I agree it’s very odd anyone should be leaving right now, - except for Eugene, if he must. They should all be running to Alexandria both for shelter and to warn them, help them. They didn’t even know at this point that Alpha was dead.

14. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

8 for me. MUCH better than the previous weeks

15. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I liked it. Daryl/Negan stuff and the Beta answers more than made up for any shortcomings.

Princess looks interesting and Ezekiel really needed that laugh right now.

It had a good beat and I could dance to it, Dick.

8 (bit higher, actually, though not quite a nine)

16. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Thanks. I’m gonna watch it again for those details.

17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I gave it an 8.

It was a pretty good episode. I liked it a lot more than the Michonne episode.

So it looks like Beta is going to go out with a revenge hoarde bang in the next episodes. Hopefully both Daryl and Negan will be safe.

Stephanie is errr.. interesting. lol

18. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

If I was a bettin man, I think Daryl knew he was bullshitting to the whisperers

19. BlackBird

He absolutely did. The "I think you should kill me now" was code for "get on with it you asshole".

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Much better episode than the last. Give it a 8. I loved the Beta stuff and him skinning half alphas face reforging his mask was badass. The Daryl and Negan stuff was fun though I kinda don't like how Daryl seems to forgotten about Lydia and he went straight home to Alexandria. I'm disappointed how they've used Lydia a bit, I wanted her and Daryl to bond more, but it looks like its gonna be her and Negan. Which I dont mind either it was just kind of sluggish how they've handled her.

Carols character just keeps doing 180s. I like what they do with her one episode, and hate what they do with her the next. They just need to stop making her feel sorry for herself, stop making her do things by herself. Just stop with this hallucination bs all together lol. I love Samantha Morton, but we didn't need this. They broke the Daryl/Carol friendship for no reason by making Carol do stupid revenge shit. I just want them to get back to them working together and being friends like they were early in the season after she came back from the ocean. They should of squared that away all together in the cave imo.

Idk, Carols character just isn't as interesting to me when she wants to go all rouge. I like her as a more sarcastic, sympathetic supportive character that we got glimses of in earlier seasons, and don't get me wrong I love killer get shit done Carol, but when did that she was smart and calculated like when she took out Terminus/ The Wolves/Some Saviors/etc.
    I wish her and Zeke didn't split up. I really liked that dynamic, and since they split up their characters just have gotten duller. All in all they just need to get them back to what made them great originally. And I understand why the decisions they made when deciding to kill off Henry, of course Carol wasn't gonna take it well, but how she handled it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Finally we get to Princess, I loved the walkers all cuffed in the city making them look like they were doing normal day to day things pre apocalypse. Her entrance was pretty cringe "OMG HIII!" I laughed. Though I also gotta say, next weeks opening minutes she actually doesn't seem that bad, she might be an entertaining character, shes a little over the top but i think it works lol. Weirdly enough I get Abraham vibes.

• Like Like x 1