Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Beta at his hideout

Discussion in 'Episode 1014 - Look at the Flowers' started by Blueman, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Beta must have visited that hideout regularly as there is (battery) power there to play his record player. I wonder if this is a secret love meeting place for him and Alpha?

What is the meaning of that note ''These (those?) 2 eyes see 1 truth''? Who wrote it? Alpha? Why was Beta so angry and began to smash things up when he saw that poster?

It is so funny that Beta played his own record to attract a herd. I think he smiled because he is having a live concert.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

His bed was neat. He's been there often. I thought he was going to have Alpha bite him at 1 point.

3. walkon

walkon Active Member

Yeah, that was what I was wondering as in 'the two shall become one.' Maybe he thought he achieved it by joining the masks.

4. Blueman

Doesn't Beta wear his friend's T-shirt to 'honour' him? I suppose, in a similar way, he wished to honour Alpha. But as all of her that he got is her head without body or any of her clothes, the best Beta could do is to skin Alpha's face and use a piece on himself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It was explained on TTD that whoever was living there before Beta wrote that note. The place is actually called the Grand Hotel, and the heading on the piece of paper the note was written on said Grand Hotel.

When he first walks in through the dining area you see someone with an ax in their face slumped on the counter, and another person in a chair with a hole in their head. The impression I get is that those two people were camped out in there, and the one with the ax in his head did something evil [at least in the eyes of the other one], so the other one wrote that note about what she saw, killed the guy with the ax, and then shot herself. That's just my take based on what I saw.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Neuropyramidal

The set up was kind of odd because he obviously goes in that room frequently, yet he's never bothered to take the 2 dead bodies outside, and when he walked into his bedroom he had to push a chair off the counter to fit through.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blueman

Yes. When Beta walked into the hotel, that cannot be his first time being there as he seemed to know the layout and he went straight to the table and bed area, bypassing the dining area.
    But, it also seems that it was his first time picking up that note to read....strange.

8. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Just an aside: do you think that was actually Ryan singing? He seems like a good egg, and would totally be on board for something like that.

I also thoroughly enjoyed his appearance on Ride. Spiritual guy. Very zen.

9. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, I'm not sure. I got the impression that he had probably read the note before, but this was the first time he was contemplating its meaning.

10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I thought it was confirmed a few episodes ago that the song Magna was listening to was an Emily Kinney song but it was Ryan singing it.

11. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I didn't really get the impression he'd been there before. I thought he looked at the dead bodies and the rifle on the floor like it was the first time he'd seen them. It did sound like Ryan Hearst's voice signing though. Even if he'd been there before I definitely don't think it was a regular thing, based on having to move the chair, the bodies, reading the note. I also wondered however, how the record player had power.

12. Neuropyramidal

Yeah it was based on the beat to Kinney's song The Turtle and the Monkey, but I think the majority of the lyrics were changed.

13. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, after watching that scene a second time I don't feel that Beta had ever been there before. After Beta kills Rufus, he holds Alpha's head up to his ear, and then he looks over at the hotel. It was suppose to be that Alpha told him to go in there. So I guess its a coincidence that his poster and album were in there, as well as a guitar and record player. That's a bit of a stretch, although not too bad if Beta was really suppose to be someone quite famous. I think it would have played better if he'd seen a poster of his in the window and that was what made him enter the building.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zombombie

Zombombie Member

The poster was advertising him playing there so he knew the location, it could possibly be where he first started out before meeting Alpha, the bodies could be his friends and something went down which led to him killing them and then him isolating himself in the place he eventually met Alpha.

15. Neuropyramidal

The poster was advertising a concert he did in Austin, Texas.

16. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I too thought he had been there and was taking Alpha there for some reason. But you are right, if he had never been there it would have made more sense if he saw the poster before entering. Having him just happen to enter the apartment of a huge fan of his is pretty strange.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I agree with you, that's quite the cowinkidink.

'Course, the man was walking around with a reanimated severed head so my disbelief is pretty much suspended anyway. I just go with the flow...

18. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Speaking of his previous life. Do you think we will ever actually see him unmasked on the show and how do you think the reveal will go?

Ryan said on talking dead that he wanted Beta to never take his mask off. I believe he meant that he didn't want Beta to ever take his mask off while alive. Alpha took hers off all the time, I think Ryan wanted to stay masked. But I think he will be unmasked after he dies.

I've said this a few times, but I'm really hoping the "reveal" doesn't happen at the moment he is unmasked. I think if they have a Scooby Doo moment after he dies where they take off his mask and all recognize him, it will be a weak reveal. Even though he has been "outed" to the audience now, he's still a fictional celebrity and I think a "Holy shit that's Half Moon" moment wouldn't work well in the show.

It would work so much better if they unmask him, see his face, then get rid of the body however. Nobody recognizes him at the moment. Have the reveal come later when they are cleaning up Hilltop and discover his record. That will be the moment when someone turns the record around and shows everybody that Beta was famous.

So instead of a "Holy shit, that's Half Moon" moment, we will get a "Holy shit, this is Beta." moment. I think that would work better.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, that could be an interesting way to play it. It might work a lot better for TV.

And until tonight I thought the name Half Moon was really cheesy, but I saw someone who referenced an AK article where she said Half Moon wasn't his stage name, but just the name of that particular Album. So I wonder if his actual name will ever be revealed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blueman

It is too hard to believe that Beta just happened to be on that town and just happened to walk straight into the hotel and conveniently found his albums lying around.

It seems very much to me that Beta took along the 2 other walkers from the place (where he took down Alpha's head) straight to that town and specifically to that hotel. He walked right into the hotel and without looking left and right, he went straight and then made a left turn into the table+bed area as if he knew what is there.

I have another theory. Instead of him being there before, maybe Alpha discovered this place and then told Beta and promised to take Beta there. Now that Alpha is dead and Beta is mad. So, he took Alpha ( her head actually) there and said 'Thank you' to her. So, he knew the existence of such a place and knew that floor plan beforehand.