Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Herding a hord how?

Discussion in 'Episode 1014 - Look at the Flowers' started by Miamicuse, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Is there any special skills involved in herding a hord?

I saw Beta with his skin mask walked in the opposite direction of the walkers and they followed him, then he stopped and changed directions and they all followed him going forward.

Have they figured out a way to steer the hord? I guess I still do not understand why this hord "belongs" to the whsperer when anyone can seemingly command the hord as long as they have something to blend in undetected by the walkers, such as a mask, such as walkers blood and guts, or may be even teethless armless walker sidekicks that Michonne owned. Couldn't someone just put on a mask then lead the entire hord over a cliff?

2. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Just a tad suicidal, but I guess they could! :confused:

3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Its just shit they make up to be "cool". No logic in herding something with no braincells beyond just primal behaviour of feasting.

4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

This did not work when Rick+Jessie+Sam etc wore walker blood bed sheet and walked out of the house. Those walkers did not turn around to follow them but instead they just kept going in.

Maybe those walkers were all Beta's music fans. So, when Beta opened the door and walked outside to greet his fans, they just followed him...lol

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

There's an inane theory going around that Beta is just hallucinating everything right now, including the walkers he's walking with, which is of course nonsense, but it did bring a funny image to my mind of Beta showing up to the gate at Alexandria thinking he had a gigantic horde with him but he was all by himself. Walking real slow, "here we come, bitchezzzzz....betchur wearing your brown pants in there now....." then he hallucinates the horde taking the gate down, and he walks into the gate and falls backwards on his ass. He's looking up at the lookouts like "I must have tripped but that's okay cause you're doomed now....hope you got sandwiches up there for a last meal!! hahahahahah",

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Based on the preview for next week, he's not hallucinating. That would have been a real downer.

7. Zombombie

Zombombie Member

The walkers have always shown some what of a herd mentality, thats why we are always seeing large groups, any herd in nature will always follow a leader and group together so it would probably be pretty easy in TWD universe. Basically Beta will only be leading 1 or 2 walkers and the rest will follow the others in a chain effect. The whole point of the music was to round them all together so they bunch up and can then be led as a group.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

A herd is a herd. When Beta walked out of that building, most of them were trying to head inside. The herd at that time is to go inside. Now why would Beta a single person, walking out, change the entire direction of the herd to start walking outside? Is it something he did specifically to cause the others to follow him and not any other random walker? To me it's like thousands of ants all going in random directions, then he basically by walking in a more purposeful manner got the walkers to gather around him. I just don't buy it, as I do not see any herding skill being employed here. For this reason if I am Beta's enemy, I just need a mask or walker blood and guts on me to take over the herd. He has no true control of the herd.