Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Still frustrated by Carol's Behavior

Discussion in 'Episode 1014 - Look at the Flowers' started by Woodstock, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

1. Carol frees Negan. OK, cool. Really cool, I really liked that whole idea.

2. Carol keeps acting recklessly and impulsively despite the fact that she “hired” someone to do the job. (I know this has been discussed already so won't add anymore on that)

3. Negan gets the job done. And Carol asks him why it took him so long. Really Carol? Now I'm not really sure how long Negan was actually with the Whisperers but I don't really think it was that long, and he got the job DONE. He took his time, he evaluated the situation and he got it done. Carol on the other hand was blinded by her need for revenge and kept rushing into things and acting impulsively, so not only did she fail to get the job done, she also endangered people in the process. When she first said "Took you long enough" I thought the line was cool. I figured it was the TV show equivalent of the infamous "Wait until Rick gets a look at you" since obviously they had to tweak that in some way. Was expecting them to just put Carols name there (most of us suspected it was her anyway) but the head roll reveal was cooler. But then when I realised she was actually chastising him for taking too long I wanted to just smack her.

4. After putting the head on the pike Carol goes off on her own. Again. Aside from the fact that she made a deal with Negan and is not holding it up, once again she doesn't think about the consequences. At this point in the story she should have gone straight back to the others with Negan, informed everyone about her master plan and that Alpha was dead, this way they could all head back to Alexandria and prepare for Beta's retaliation, because they know very well that's going to happen. Instead she leaves Negan to himself and goes off on her own suicide mission. That is Carol acting impulsively and recklessly AGAIN. What if she had actually died in that barn, or what if Negan got killed and neither of them were able to warn the others that Alpha is dead now and Beta is going to be more pissed than ever?
    What a way to destroy a character. Carol had always been one of my favorites. :(

(By the way, does anyone know how much time has actually gone by between Negan being set free and him killing Alpha?)

P.S. Hope everyone is doing ok. Stay safe guys <3

#1 Woodstock, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

After putting Alpha's head on the pike, Carol took off on her own instead of going back to ASZ with Negan. I could understand this part. Alpha, the external demon, was now dead. But Carol had to deal with her own internal demon. That is why she continued to have hallucinations. And I suppose, with the disappearance of Alpha nagging her, she won and probably will begin a journey of real healing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I can understand the part about her wanting to be alone and needing to heal, but I still think it would have been better if she had gone with Negan back to the others, brought everyone up to date and then disappeared. I can't help but see her behavior as reckless and kinda selfish too. I dunno, maybe in her mind she figured Alpha is dead, the threat is over?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I agree that Carol's behavior has been erratic, emotional, suicidal and putting others at risk.

I am also thinking that there is a reason for Carol not wanting to honor her deal with Negan to go back with him to explain everything...her deal with Negan was again, another act of hers to go rouge, having never discussed this with the council, going behind their backs not only to go after Alpha, but to release Negan that some feel are equally dangerous like Alpha. This whole thing could also have easily backfired and putting them at even greater risks. In addition, Carol is probably held in high regards by her peers back home after so many incidents of her selfish reckless acts to drag more and more people into her battle. Her taking Negan back home to explain may not be met with welcome arms but instead with "what? you did what? why didn't you tell us? what else did you do? did you have anything to do with Beta coming inside through that tunnel?" It just may not have gone over well with many.