Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Princess

Discussion in 'Episode 1015 - The Tower' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Love her or hate her? Personally I think I'd find her fairly annoying in real life, but so far I think she's a fair adaptation from comic to screen, despite the fact that I thought the mine field was delving a bit into the cheesy side.

Speaking of which, what do you suppose was the story behind the mines? Obviously they are post-apocalyptic being on the outskirts of a city.

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

They should have known with how much Negan turned people off from the show that adapting Kirkman's kooky comic characters directly isn't such a good idea. Some of his characters from the comic just don't translate very well to live action.

3. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Princess seems a little crazy but at the end, you kind of feel sorry for her. She's been flying solo for like a year. Bound to be a little nuts

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I like her.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

They didn't even try to explain the presence of a minefield (or if they did I missed it). Given the time jump, I suppose it's possible someone found a stash of mines and thought it was a good idea to set them up as a defence of...well, the whole thing was shot with no indication as to where it sat in relation to anything else, or why you might need to travel through it rather than skirt round. Just 'a journey needs an obstacle, with peril..erm...sharks? No...maybe a minefield? Yeah, minefield, we can have a cool cascade...alright, a cascade that stays in budget.'

6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It must be hard for her to be alone for 1 (?) whole year. Since the ZA has been like 10 years now, this means she must have been with some group(s) before and somehow they all died and she had to live alone for the past year. I mean, it is especially hard for her because she is obviously an extrovert and talkative and likes to get social with other people. It is hard for a person with such an outgoing character. She is so thirsty for interaction with other people that she is willing to hand over her weapon to strangers!

As for the minefield, my theory is that they walked into some kind of military installation. When they first entered the area, they walked through a broken chain link fence. When they walked out, it was also through some kind of chain link fence gated entrance. In addition, Princess mentioned she knew where to find more guns. So, this could be in the vicinity.

I like this character. She might be a little crazy though. Ezekiel was smart that he did not introduce himself as 'King Ezekiel' as if this might tick off a princess...lol

It is also funny Eugene turned his head immediately when he heard Princess mentioning she had some candy in her stash. I bet Eugene wished to have some candy as a gift for Stephanie.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

She annoyed me the first time we met her. I like her now. It was great that they invited her to come along.

8. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I don't mind her, but part way through I was like "come on already. Enough of this verbal nonsense. Let's get moving". I like the result of the wheels.

9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Agreed. I liked for from the very first 60 seconds. She is going to be very entertaining.

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

They somehow manages to balance her out better than I think they did Negan or Tara. I think the actress to me, somehow manages to pull out a woman not mentally well from her solitude.

Also, people didn't like Negan? He was over the top but I think he saved the show. I sure hate Beta and Alpha more. They are beyond saving how stupid their shit is.

11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I liked her too. I can see how living by herself for a year, being the vibrant(?) character she is, lol, would have messed her up a bit. She wasn't even sure she was talking to real people at first but she is entertaining and she seems harmless enough. The wheels being bicycles was a brilliant twist, and who knows, like she said, she could prove useful.

• Like Like x 2
  12. cycles

cycles Member

I like the character and think she’ll be a great addition. She would have been very young when the zombie apocalypse began so she would have an interesting backstory.

The minefield and the bicycle twist seemed cheesy to me. They were based on withheld information that was too important not to mention.

Why didn’t Ezekiel, Eugene and that other lady go for the guns first?

13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think time is the factor. Seems like the trio are really in a hurry to get to meet Stephanie on the appointed time. The Whisperers' attack on the Hilltop must have held up Eugene long enough. Maybe the guns are half a day trip but even so, they could not afford that amount of time?

• Like Like x 1