Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. surviving

3. surviving

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

The fact that China was building hospitals in 14 days was enough to tell me they knew what was about to explode.

The story in there about someone threatening to shoot an official because he asked him to put on a mask was shocking. There's a gun-totin' moron who deserves a Darwin Award. My fingers are crossed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. surviving

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. surviving

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. surviving

Dr Ai Fen was first doctor to realize they were deal with a new virus in late December. By mid January her hospital was seeing 1500 patients in the ER. There are 8 hospitals in Wuhan. That 12000 people a day. It had already exploded by the time they started building those hospitals. Google Ai Fen and read her interview.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. surviving

10. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

On the plus side, at least they died on a clean train.

If their deaths turn out to be from covid, I wonder how many days they were riding around coughing out infectious droplets in the enclosed environment of the subway before succumbing to their disease. For that matter, I wonder how many times per day deBlasio and Cuomo ride the subway? I'd guess... not enough to be truly concerned with what happens there.

11. surviving

• Useful Useful x 2
  12. Morgotha

As an anecdotal piece of evidence, that China knew about covid's severity, I was talking with a woman today who brought up how a couple of men in her community (rural) were disabled and "purchased" mail order brides from China to take care of them. The women apparently go back and forth to China a few times a year, and when they came back at the end of last year/ beginning of this year quarantined themselves to make sure they didn't get their "husbands" sick.

While not discussing the overall ethics of mail order brides, I have to admit my first thought was to be impressed they were conscientious enough to try and not infect their husbands (owners?) with an unknown disease. My second thought was that if a couple of Chinese women who are low enough on the social totem pole that they became mail order brides knew at the end of last year there was something bad circulating in China, the Chinese government MUST have known it as well.

As another aside, I personally have only met one man who was involved in this type of situation (paid for a woman from the East to take care of him through marriage). She didn't speak English, and he showed no intention of learning her language. Seeing him order her around like you would a dog made me feel embarrassed and ashamed. I guess the other thing is it made me VERY thankful I was born in this country. LOL, I'm really rambling today, sorry about that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Love to you and your sister!

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I can't even imagine being those poor women.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Morgotha

I know. And to think that their life where they came from was so bad that this seems like an improvement? It's hard to wrap your head around.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Lindigo

I would be sympathetic if I thought the strain caused by COVID was the only reason they folded like houses of cards.

They never provide adequate care. They're something society does to save money, not to provide real nursing care. You only get that in a hospital. All COVID did was make their criminal inadequacies more visible.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Lindigo

You might enjoy watching his morning talks. He does care. He is keeping the subways open because critical employees such as medical workers and police need the subways to get to work. When the subway system is being sprayed down, he has a fleet of buses for critical employees to be able to get to their jobs. He worries about the employees who are doing the spraying, but they are doing critical work, and how else can the subways be kept as safe as possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lindigo

I believe you without looking it up. You give unbiased fact-based information.

Edit: Well, I guess that is a given. It would depress me to read about it in more detail.

#1638 Lindigo, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. surviving

20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Well, maybe the silver-lining here is that most of the projections made from models thus far, have been grossly incorrect. Eventually they might make a prediction that's somewhat accurate. lol

• Like Like x 1