Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

The deadliest viruses produce this effect in humans. The Spanish flu and Ebola are examples which cause this. Virus doesn't kill you. Body's reaction to virus does. Any virus that causes this has a high death rate.

2. surviving

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Morgotha

One the plus side, since this is known, it can be combated. Steroids, targeted agents, even chemotherapy could be used to offset this. Sooner or later we'll have a good treatment, and it will likely be effective for the next virus that China gives the world as well.

5. surviving

6. surviving

They are doing clinical trials on some types of arthritis medicine as some of these produce an immunosuppressive response.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/27/arthritis-drug-kevzara-disappoints-as-coronavirus-treatment/

7. Morgotha

I didn't understand why chloroquine would be used as a potential treatment, as why would an antimalarial work on a virus, but apparently it *also* downregulates parts of the immune system which is why it's used for rheumatological treatment as well. They'll probably end up making a "cocktail" of different drugs which do similar things at some point. Hopefully, with good results.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. surviving

9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

This is why I bought a pulseoximeter. When my dad was in the hospital he was always at 99 and I always got 95. It made no sense to me why my number was lower, but this was before I knew I had asthma.

So most of the time now I am between 96 and 97. I can get up to 99 if I go for a walk.

But last night I stayed at 95 and every breath hurt so much, I could only breathe shallowly, which forced me to also breathe quickly. I thought, oh, shit. This morning there is less pain, but it still hurts. Also, if I try to relax and bring in a fuller breath, my lungs get sort of jumpy and I get something like a hiccup. It's weird. The jumpiness has been three days now. What the hell, lungs.

But, no fever and no cough, so I don't have the trifecta of Covid-19 symptoms, and I don't feel ill, just truly annoyed.

I plan to take a shower so I can go see my doc later if I want to get checked out. I know if I send her an e-mail she will say Get in here right now, and I really don't wanna, cuz I DON'T FEEL SICK. pfft The pulseoximeter says I am fine for now. :)But I'm watching it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. surviving

11. surviving

I have more faith in the developmnt of a therapeutic treatment than a vaccine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lindigo

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Lindigo. You need to GO. :mad::confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

She absolutely needs to go to her doctor or at the very least do a tele-conference.

See your Doc. Lindigo!!! Not everyone with Covid 19 exhibits the classic symptoms. Better safe than sorry!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Lindigo

Yes, I will go. Out of sheer annoyance. lol It's already evening, though, so I will call tomorrow morning. (Cuz I don't want to pay for Emergency.) The state has to do a certain amount of monthly testing, anyway, so I won't be a nuisance even if nothing is wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yeah.... could'a, should'a, would'a. If only we could have access to a time machine ALONG with the benefit of hindsight, then we could save every life with every situation. lol

We'd also have 72 trillion people living on Earth right now. Just kidding. Sort of.

I hate articles like this. The ones that always take a look back at things and examine how many lives we could have saved if this or that had happened instead of what happened in reality.

Where were these asshole "experts" who write garbage articles like this back in March to save us from ourselves?

Oh that's right.... They were doing what the rest of us were doing. They were believing Anthony Fauci when he made an error about the virus not being that big of a threat. (as one example)

We were listening to a bunch of government officials on the local, state and federal level who downplayed it and made terrible mistakes (and especially the MSM).

Some of the reason for why so many mistakes were made, is because we were given a lot of misinformation from the country where this all started and no one knew what do expect. There's STILL a lot of unknowns about this virus and how it does what it does to the human body.

This article tells us nothing that we don't already know, save some small details.

Also, I'm going to get a little weird with my philosophical point of view here.... but I argue that we couldn't have saved more lives than what we've actually saved, because the lives we've actually saved, is our current reality. If we could have saved those lives, then we would have saved those lives.

We didn't though, and therefore the reality is that those lives could not have been saved regardless of what actions our leaders took or didn't take or how quickly or slowly they acted to prevent or contain this virus. We'll never know because that magical scenario where everyone lives through this never happened.

Make sense? No? Good! lol

17. surviving

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

20. Lindigo

I read that some places were able to ignore China's smoke because of what they had already been through with SARS and MERS. Fool me once, they said. We do all live and learn, countries as well as individuals.

BUT. If you don't care about your citizenry, it you refuse to use your leadership powers to produce PPE and tests, if you attack or silence your doctors or shove them out of windows, those are examples of making things worse than they needed to be.

• Like Like x 1