Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

the comments are funny, too.

2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Donald claims he will shut down any social media that will fact check his false claims.
    [​IMG]

The truth is out there

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

So DeBlasio wants the rest of America to bail out NYC from its debt. He says that's the only way the city can keep functioning. I disagree. I think that the Feds bailing out NYC is what DeBlasio thinks is the most palatable for himself, but is far from the only way out of their debt, and is very likely only going to be a bandaid on a larger problem.

What then IS a better solution? Welp, NYC's problems seem to be legion, but chopping down a few of them could put them on a course to financial solvency in a hurry. There is no will to do that in NYC though, or it would be done already. The best solution then is to have the city declare bankruptcy, put it's assets under Federal control, and have an outside hatchet man come in and cut the things that need to be cut.

A few things are simple. 40 Billion in pension payments? Cut everyone's pension in half. An average public employee salary over 100k? Cut 30% off anyone making over 200 k, 20% off anyone making over 100k, etc. Sanctuary city policy and providing benefits to illegal aliens? Are you kidding me? Welcome in ICE with open arms and devote the resources of the NYC police dept. to help them remove any and all illegal aliens from the state possible. Revoke any benefits they may have been given, including driver's licenses! etc. That will force companies to hire *citizens* that pay *taxes* instead, thus increasing revenue.

I'm sure there are plenty of other areas that can be cut, but just by cutting down their pension payments they can pay off this debt, the rest would be to stop the debt from reaccumulating tomorrow and to make the city profitable.

Won't happen, though. Corruption that deep won't go away without a serious fight, one that the Federal Government probably doesn't want to have.

"
    New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio on Wednesday warned that the city faces a multibillion-dollar deficit amid the coronavirus pandemic, while pleading for federal and state assistance.

New York City previously estimated $7.4 billion in lost revenue due to the coronavirus crisis, but on Wednesday, de Blasio warned that the city is projecting a shortfall of nearly $9 billion— possibly more—over the next two fiscal years.

“We are now $9 billion in the hole between the current fiscal year and the one that begins July 1,” de Blasio said.

“We have lost billions upon billions of dollars of revenue that we use to serve our people,” de Blasio explained. “It’s gone. It’s not coming back.”

He added: “The only way to possibly keep this city functioning and keep the services provided, keep people on our payroll, is if we get a really substantial stimulus program from Washington.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de...ficit-amid-coronavirus-pleads-for-federal-aid

#30523 Morgotha, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  4. Morgotha

5. Lindigo

6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I think most of us who stay plugged in to current would events saw this coming, or figured it was already the case. Last year when they had all of those riots, it became pretty clear that the CCP didn't give a crap about special privileges for HK anymore. Next up.... Taiwan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sharpie61

8. Morgotha

9. Sharpie61

Once our 1st is striped away, we will lose the rest. And that includes the 2nd.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Morgotha

Once *any* of them get stripped away we lose the rest.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sharpie61

The truth is out there

12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Let's be fair about this though.... Twitter is playing both sides against the middle here. If CNN (for example) had reported on something that Trump said and "fact checked" it and then turned out to be wrong, then they would have been subject to a libel lawsuit.

Twitter now decides that they're going to do the same, but them and other social media outlets are exempt from being sued for doing it. Twitter should not be getting involved in ANY of this unless they want to be held to the same standards as other news reporting agencies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Morgotha

Oh, I completely agree that if Twitter gets an exemption from mandating accuracy of what's on its site that journalists do NOT get, they shouldn't be allowed to pretend to have journalistic accuracy - especially when the first time they apply said "standard" to themselves happens to jive with the political opinion of their senior management. Or if I can try a metaphor, they shouldn't be allowed to have rocks unless they are also forced to live in glass houses.

My point on Trump though is that by *no means* does he put honesty at the forefront of his spoken opinions, and it seems too ironic to accept him calling out someone else for being untruthful.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lindigo

Twitter hasn't stopped his lying at will on their platform, unless something new happened while I was asleep. They just added a link for people to get to factual information.

16. Lindigo

That's what I enjoy about her. lol I smile and giggle right along with her.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sharpie61

18. Morgotha

Trump is threatening to shoot looters in Minneapolis. Probably more of his bluster, and would undoubtedly make the situation worse, but otoh, he'd have my support. The mayor told the police to evacuate the local police station which the rioters then overran and burned. Allowing our *police stations* to be looted and burned? Criminals can't be allowed to destroy a city. If a few examples need to be made, then so be it.

Luckily, this type of riot tends to burn itself out over a couple of days, so things will likely quiet down on their own, and the media seems not to be trying to stoke the flames for once, so hopefully it'll blow over in a bit. I suppose we'll find out, regardless.

President Trump took to Twitter early Friday to vow military support for the governor of Minnesota after another night of violent protest in Minneapolis, which included a police station being overrun and set on fire.

“I can’t stand back & watch this happen to a great American City, Minneapolis,” Trump tweeted. “A total lack of leadership. Either the very weak Radical Left Mayor, Jacob Frey, get his act together and bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right.

A second tweet continued, “These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let this happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-blasts-minneapolis-mayor-vows-to-deploy-military-if-needed

19. Sharpie61

Donald turned a beautiful rocket launch today, into a personal campaign.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1266845980101468160?s=21

I got to watch the launch from my yard, and I hope to see when it splashes back down in a few days. I’ll have to travel to beachside for that.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sharpie61

• Informative Informative x 1