Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I have a travel size sanitizer in the car.
    I put it on even before turning the car on

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I tried it yesterday. Too uncomfortable. But I found that letting it dangle from one ear worked fine as a reminder.

I need to keep sanitizer in the car. Thanks. Right now I just have wipes. For a long time it was impossible to get hand sanitizer.

3. Lindigo

4. Lindigo

It's getting closer. I hear the scary movie music getting louder.

More of President Donald Trump's inner circle have been affected by the coronavirus as acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney joined Stephanie Grisham and Ivanka Trump in working from home.

It's unclear how many senior White House staff are working from home and how many are in the complex after several of them attended a dinner at Mar-a-Lago last weekend that was also attended by Fabio Wajngarten, an aide to the president of Brazil who tested positive for the disease.

Grisham did not answer how many senior staff were working from home but said staff were following the Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.

The three known cases are Wajngarten; acting Brazil Charge d’Affaires Ambassador Nestor Forster, who sat at Trump's table during last Saturday night's dinner; and an unnamed attendee who was at a fundraiser there last Sunday.

The weekend started a chain of events and resulted in several Trump allies self-quarantining after being at the club.

Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel was self-isolating and is being tested for the coronavirus after falling ill. She was at the Saturday dinner and fundraisers at the posh beach club last weekend.

Senator Lindsey Graham also self-quarantined after being at Mar-a-Lago but announced this weekend he tested negative for the virus.

President Trump was also tested for the disease but it came back negative.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Mulvaney-joins-Stephanie-Grisham-Ivanka.html

It's startling to me that Ivanka stayed home "out of an abundance of caution," PLAYING IN A TENT WITH HER DAUGHTER AND HOLDING HER TINY SON. It looks like she doesn't understand the purpose of self-QUARANTINE after possible exposure. She prefers the photo op. Sheesh.

5. Lindigo

Two interesting statistics I heard tonight:

(1) If Florida were a country it would be the 4th highest nation in COVID-19 cases.

(2) Almost 1 in 100 Americans have been infected with COVID-19.

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Hand sanitizer is still difficult. It's best to slowly stock up on everything now, including the stuff people will hoard if things are really bad over the fall/winter.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stealth

They want everyone else to go back to normal while they work from home. These people are such trash.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

This is from March 17th. No one in Trump's inner circle was infected.

9. surviving

10. surviving

11. surviving

12. Lindigo

Oh, thanks. That's good. So all that is noteworthy here is that now Mulvaney has the experience and gumption to publicly contradict the president in saying our testing abilities need to be improved. That plus Trump having worn a mask are hopeful steps. I think the battle is going to be getting saner.

13. surviving

14. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Just saw this on Fox (accidently, I might add)

New coronavirus map shows grim trend for more than half of all US states
    [​IMG]

A map created by health experts tracks each state response to the coronavirus based on criteria set by the White House. (https://www.covidexitstrategy.org/)

Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here's what you need to know as you start your day ...

New coronavirus map shows more than half of all states are 'trending poorly' or have 'uncontrolled spread'
    A new map highlighting the spread of the coronavirus shows more than half of all states "trending poorly" or facing an "uncontrolled spread" as COVID-19 continues to make a resurgence in the United States.

Created by covidexitstrategy.org, the map tracks each state's coronavirus response based on a set of criteria provided by the White House that specifies what each state and region must accomplish before moving forward with plans to reopening their economies. The map measures and scores each state based on the number of positive cases over a 14-day period using a 7-day rolling average, bed capacity at hospitals and intensive care units and positivity rates.

[​IMG]Video
    According to the figure, New York, once the epicenter of the virus, is trending for the better while nearly all Southern and some Midwestern states are faring far worse. California is listed with an "uncontrolled spread" with 219 cases per every million people.

Texas, Florida and Georgia are also seeing giant upticks in COVID-19 cases.

Hmmmm.....quess who’s state is currently one of the few that are green according to the markers from this source....could it be....Sen. “Quisling”’s? He didn’t do too badly even with a few early missteps.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stealth

I really don't get what she's talking about by saying "we don't have much time." She's acting like it's January, but it's July and the virus has already spread everywhere and has been extremely deadly.

16. Stealth

With it this widespread though you'd think it's only a matter of time until it comes back around to the states that have seen improvement too. People are getting more lax with it being summer. Overall it feels like we're all on very shaky ground.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Stealth

Orange County is a problem too. And now they're looking to open schools.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Of course, and I’ve read some articles that say the the Gov. is preparing for it. Unfortunately, I predict it will happen down state because of the dense population.

I wanted to add that I was reading in our paper that the real estate market has been taking off upstate due to many NYC people ,who can work from home, wanting to have homes in more rural settings they can retreat to.

#2458 purriwinkle, Jul 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  19. Lindigo

Here, too, in the miserable hot suburbs! I live an hour out of San Francisco because this was the cheapest area 30 years ago. I was out breaking my heart over model homes the day before yesterday and a sales agent told me prices shot up because people who had been renting in SF have realized they can buy out here for cheaper than renting there, they have way more living space and an actual yard, and commuting is no longer an issue since they work from home. People whose families have been in Contra Costa County forever are priced out. But, who knows, maybe having more people with SF jobs will improve our financial demographic enough that we will at least be able to attract nicer businesses.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. surviving

The fiasco with the nursing homes was a major mistake not a misstep that he doesn't accept responsibility for.