Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

SDCC Panels

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Neuropyramidal, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The online panels of a crazy world.

2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

So Fear 6A, 1016, and World Beyond all walk into a bar.. well, an online panel ...

3. Neuropyramidal

World Beyond was wearing nothing but a pair of cellophane boxer shorts and the bartender said "I can clearly see your nuts". Fear forgot to take its dyslexia medication and walked into a bra. TWD was carrying jumper cables and was told he could stay as long as he didn't start anything.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

So the finale and World Beyond premiere are October 4th, and they are "extending" S10 by 6 episodes.

There seems to be massive online confusion regarding what exactly these 6 extra episodes mean. A lot of theories seem to think that it is just footage already shot that was originally going to be cut. That seems very unlikely to me. Even if they had that much footage on the floor, it would be extremely hard to put it together to make 6 cohesive episodes. Of what? Whisperer War outtakes? No, I think this will be footage not yet filmed. That makes more sense considering they are using the word "extend".

I think these will be episodes that happen chronologically after 1016. My two guesses are either 1)Beta does NOT die in 1016 and they were originally planning on dealing with him for a few more episodes in S11, but now with COVID they want to get the Whisperer concept out of the way [thus 6 extra episodes], so they can start with all fresh stuff like Commonwealth in S11. The second possibility is that Beta dies in 1016 and these are 6 episodes of a self contained story arc that happens in between the Whisperers and Commonwealth. Something kind of stand-alone, the way the first 5 episodes of S9 were, where we dealt with Rick's exit and a few other things.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

likely will involve fewer cast and sets. Herds of walkers are likely out until there's a vaccine for COVID. might just be Maggie centric.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Neuropyramidal

That was one of my thoughts as well. At least part of it could be Maggie's trip back. They could also continue Eugene et al's trip to Commonwealth, with very minimal cast on hand. Maybe Caryl makes a little side trip of their own to leave reality for awhile. Perhaps Daryl agrees to go on this solo adventure Carol keeps talking about, knowing she will ultimately make the decision to return to the Communities, and thus cease these fantasies. There are lots of things they could do.

7. Neuropyramidal

Ross may have spoiled some things about the masked character too. For one, he referred to the character as "he". And perhaps more importantly, he called it an "introduction" to a character, and compared it to Michonne's introduction. Its quite possible he spoiled that this is a NEW and male character.

8. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if the additional episodes are Maggie's story as they could easily configure that around the rules they currently have to follow for production.

What is a little surprising is that they are being as vague about season 11 as they are. Completely understandable that it would be delayed but you'd think they would announce an air date for it for Fall of 2021 or so. If things don't improve over the next six months and the 2021 tv seasons start coming into doubt they could always simply further delay it like every other production is doing. But again this is AMC so.........................

9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think it's more of the second possibility, with a smaller scale story. I'm guessing these 6 episodes are just going to be the bridge to Season 11 which likely won't premiere until the fall of 2021. They could simply focus on the rebuild of the communities and the return of Maggie. Kang is good with interpersonal stories and dialogue so they could do this with out a "big bad" or larger scale battles etc.

10. Oshawott

Oshawott New Member

I don't want six episodes of Maggie. I like her character but she's not interesting enough to carry more than just one episode by herself per season. Sorry.

Idk why they decided to extend the season when they could've just ended it with 10x16 and started filming season 11 next year. As far as I know they haven't started filming the extra six episodes yet and if they're going to air early next year then they'd better get a move on.