Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dark, on Netflix

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Neuropyramidal, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I have my own little interesting Dark related mystery. Awhile ago some books that look identical to Tannhaus' A Journey Through Time came up for sale on Amazon. It turns out they are just a blank lined notebook with the Journey through Time cover. However, very briefly, in June, a version of the book popped up that actually had the "look inside" tag on it, and when I looked inside, it was the first few pages, in English, of a story about Tannhaus and Charlotte. The author was actually credited as H.G. Tannhaus, and the publishing company was Minotauros Publishers, same as on the show. When I went to the Minotauros website they listed, it brings up a page that says "under construction, come back soon".

Knowing full well that it is almost certainly just fan fic, I ordered it, on the off chance this was something official quietly being slipped out there. Immediately after I ordered the book, the status of the listing changed to "not-available/out of print", and I was given an option to cancel my order and receive a refund. I didn't.

A week later, the book arrived at my doorstep. Packaging had no return address. It still says "not available" on Amazon. On the inside cover, the date of printing is the exact day I put in the order for the book. The person listed as the translator, as far as I can tell, doesn't exist. In fact, the translation is so bad that I'm fairly certain it is machine translated by something like Google translate.

Having said that, translation aside, the story is fairly interesting, and if read in German is probably actually somewhat good, and not something that would seem like a very quick cash grab. Anyway, i'm quite sure I paid 20 bucks for some weird fan fic ploy complete with a website that is under construction, but still, I like the mystery and the small chance that this could turn out of be something official that is released on a bigger scale later.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to rewatching it again toward the end of the year. I was so absorbed in the story that I know I missed some stuff. Also, early on the focus on the Ulrich/Mikkel angle is greater than what their ultimate purpose is for the endgame, so the audience gets drawn in a little disproportionately there.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That's great. The thing is though, if it is a fan fic ploy you'd think they'd want to sell more of them to make a buck. Now I'm going to do some of my own searching. lol

• Like Like x 1