Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Whoa! You're far too civilized and mature to think of a crude term like that. What perverse and demented sicko did you hear that from? ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Absolutely. While I don't recommend doing it often, it's highly unlikely you'll make yourself sick by readjusting your mask, even if your hands are contaminated (from a surface that an unmasked person got their saliva particles on) unless you somehow manage to touch your mucus membranes in the process. Touching your cheeks won't necessarily make you sick. Rubbing your eyes now, might just do it. Sanitize your hands if you can't wash them before you adjust, remove or put the mask back on again if you took it off and don't touch any portals where there are mucus membranes.....eyes, nose or mouth. And yes, make sure your nose is covered to reduce the likelihood of inhaling aerosols, however it's more effective if you AND others all have them on.

#2562 purriwinkle, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

There's no need to visit North Korea, you can stay home in Los Angeles to see what it's like. I can't believe this is going to be enacted without a legal challenge, but... to even pass something like this? Given that the BLM protests were allowed to continue this shouts that some groups are being politically targeted. Time for the mayor to go.

"
    Los Angeles homeowners who violate the city’s coronavirus-related safety measures may find themselves on the receiving end of some unwelcome consequences.

During a press conference Wednesday night, Mayor Eric Garcetti authorized the city to shut off power and water to properties, including houses and businesses, that are in violation of gathering regulations as a means to “shut these places down permanently.”

“By turning off that power, shutting off that water we feel we can close these places down, which usually are not one-time offenders but multiple-offenders,” Garcetti said."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/los-angeles-water-power-properties-large-gatherings

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The airlines have done something sensible as far as decreasing transmission to others goes:

"
    United Airlines is the latest commercial air carrier to update its coronavirus-related personal protective equipment guidance to exclude face masks with built-in exhaust valves, the company announced Wednesday evening.

Face masks and any other protective face covering that have an opening or vent near the nose or mouth area will not be allowed on United’s planes or terminals it serves in more than 360 airports around the globe, and it will apply to both customers and United employees.

United’s update comes the same day JetBlue announced it will also ban face masks and coverings with exhaust valves or vents. Delta Air Lines made its decision to prohibit the specified health care accessory last week.

“Respirators with exhalation valves protect the wearer from SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, but may not prevent the virus spreading from the wearer to others,” the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention currently states in a PPE FAQ that was last updated on July 22.

The government-run health agency also clarified that “respirators with exhalation valves should not be used in situations where a sterile field must be maintained, like during an invasive procedure in an operating room, because the exhalation valve may allow unfiltered exhaled air to escape into the sterile field,” which may explain why United and other airlines have adjusted their guidance."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/healthcare/united-airlines-coronavirus-face-mask-valve-ban

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's even worse now in the summer when people are sweating into the masks. You'd think it'd be common sense that they'd wash their masks like the rest of their clothes, but then you see everything else that's going on and it's really not surprising.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stealth

I've seen people in stores readjusting their masks, whether it's out of nervousness that it's on right or they're the types that touched their faces a lot pre-pandemic. But that's the worst place to do that sort of thing.

If I'm out hiking, or getting exercise etc I'll wear one of the bandana style ones and pull it up if I'm nearing people. That's the only time I'll ever move the mask but it's not like I've been touching surfaces etc. If it's a higher traffic area I'll keep it on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stealth

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

10. surviving

First you gave a verbal description now @Biffster has provided a visual aid. I'm pretty sure I'm mentally scarred for life.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

LMAO!

Biffster definitely made my day with that pic. I love the fact that there's someone else out there who made the same comparison as I did, but they took it to the next level with a visual representation of what I was talking about several weeks ago. Great sick minds think alike. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. surviving

13. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I would have put swim trunks swim trunks instead of underwear. Can you imagine seeing someone walking around the beach like that?

• Like Like x 1
  14. surviving

15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Well, there's hope still.... Most of these models have not only been wrong, but grossly inaccurate. There's a strong possibility that this one will be as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. surviving

U of W's past couple of predictions have hit close, but 4 months in this pandemic is an eternity. Lot of random factors between now and then.

• Like Like x 1
  17. surviving

18. Biffster

As long as it was only a cartoon I suppose.

19. Biffster

And not so random. Schools opening up again is bound to have an impact on the totals, and not in a good way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. surviving

#2580 surviving, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020