Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

It's About Time

Discussion in 'Episode 1016 - A Certain Doom' started by Terminator, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Well, after a 6 month delay we're finally about to get the finale of S10. Personally I can hardly wait. I actually thought there'd be more chatter on here about the upcoming episode. Let's get at it people. What do you think is going to happen in the finale? Who survives and who doesn't? What are the thoughts about the extra episodes being added? etc, etc
    Get typing!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Sorry, mate. Stopped watching actively a couple seasons ago. I’m not even sure who the main characters are anymore.

3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

There are only a handful of people that really post here anylonger and even they seem to be posting more sparingly all the time. This probably isn't the site to go to anymore if you are looking for actual discussion. This place is more for sharing meme's and talking about politics these days.

• Old Old x 1
  4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Let's see who is here and who is not. A show of hands please.

I have read the spoiler for this episode and so I cannot say much who survives and who does not.

6 months is a long time...but I look forward to see this finale though.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Activity usually picks up when there is filming tidbits, and when the show is on.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I'm relatively sure Beta is some form of toasted breakfast accompaniment. Others seem to be thinking that Gabe is in grave danger, but I disagree. I think good old Gaby is making it to round 11. My feeling is we are going to lose ONE fairly major good guy, however, I predict that the person actually doesn't die during this episode...

spoilers below for the comics.....

I think a somewhat major main character will get Andrea's comic death here, but only the bite will be revealed towards the end of the finale. I predict this character's actual death will be the focus of the first of the 6 bonus episodes.

#6 Neuropyramidal, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I'm still looking around, I agree that it's pretty disappointing that the main activity of the forum is now Trump related, but I guess that was the logical conclusion of all these years discussing brain dead zombies.

I'll watch on Sunday, I hope they do something good with Negan.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Does it seem pretty exciting? Without giving anything away. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Terminator

Hmmm. You stopped watching a couple of seasons ago and don't know the main characters now, but you post on the forum. So you must still have an interest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Terminator

So where is the actual discussion?

11. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I post in the political forum. I was a big fan of Rick and Daryl and the gang back in the day but somewhere after the introduction of Negan (and gratuitous killing of Glen and Abe) it started to get too silly to hold my interest. I think the upcoming Rick Grimes movies will be a disaster. Nobody really cares anymore. I don’t anyway.

12. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Negan was pretty much the downfall of the show. It's perfectly fine to make a bit of a goofy character for a comic book where people still have the ability to use their imaginations. But put that same goofy personality onscreen where people don't have the ability to use their imaginations as much and that same goofy character becomes a big joke. I think if they had given Negan a more serious personality for the show a lot more people would still be interested.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

The Walking Dead is a saga. You’re supposed to stick with it to get the long arcs. The fans who stuck with the show through the dark times were richly rewarded in the last two seasons. And Negan’s character got fleshed out brilliantly to be one of the most complex and interesting characters on the show. It just took some time to get there. Patience is a virtue. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. BlackBird

Oh, and hi! I’m still around and looking forward to the discussion of the finale! :)

#14 BlackBird, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

This episode's title is clearly a reference to the wonderfulness that we call 2020.

See you Sunday. Looking forward to it! Will also give World Beyond a fair looksee.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Present and accounted for. I've been mostly in the Hell threads in the Debaters section.

Looking forward to the finale and the World Beyond premiere.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Stealth

I took a break after Rick departed and then got caught up on the B side of that season before the premiere. That break did me good because I was able to approach the show with a fresh outlook. I probably would've been too fatigued if I kept watching, to appreciate how Kang turned the show around.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Stealth

Longest year ever

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BlackBird

And you’re still here! :):):)
    To be fair, I was dragging my feet in S8, but S9 certainly put the pep back in my step!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Season 9 I think was the best since S5 or 6. A fresh showrunner was what we needed. S10 good too, maybe not quite as good as 9. We've been pretty lucky, we are headed into S11 strong, not too many shows can say that. Look at the embarrassment that the second part of S4 and all of S5 was for FTWD. Flying beer bottle balloons, absolutely horrible dialogue and plots, 8 episodes of battling a single middle aged dirty woman, LOL. I thought Hanna-Barbera had taken over creative authority. I felt embarrassment for the franchise during that, and when I told people I was a TWD fan I felt it necessary to add the caveat, "but not FTWD right now", so they didn't think I had preposterous taste in television. I can only hope they learned a lesson from the reviewers and the fanbase, and made some changes for S6. I'd like it to be decent again. We shall see. ;/

#20 Neuropyramidal, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2