Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Connie

Discussion in 'Episode 1016 - A Certain Doom' started by Blueman, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It is good to see Connie alive.

Do you think she somehow escaped the cave on her own and then made her way all the way from there to the Oceanside? I wonder if it is that 'straight forward' or there was a story between her being trapped inside the cave and her being in Oceanside. Is she being lucky that she choose to walk to Oceanside instead of to the other communities? Does anyone have an estimate of the time frame between the collapsed cave incident and this episode? And, there is a scene showing her silver bracelet. Any significance?

Her arc is not over. Her meeting Virgil should be a new story ahead.

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I wasn't happy to see Virgil still in the story. But it was even worse that they had him find Connie.

3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

A couple of points on the original post:
    1) We don't know Connie is at Oceanside. Yes, Virgil, came ashore at Oceanside, but he's riding a horse, so could be anywhere by now.
    2) I was also wondering about the timeline. It's been so long since the previous episodes it's hard to pinpoint how long it's been since the cave explosion. A few days at most I'd expect. The explosion then the raid on Hilltop could have taken place pretty quick, then Negan kills Alpha the next day. A day or 2 for the rest of it to play out??
    3) I never thought Connie was dead. But now that Virgil has found her I'm a little worried about her. After all, he's nuts.

4. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

I don't know how long it's been in their timeline, but here it was long enough since we saw or heard about her that I genuinely had no idea who it was until I saw this thread. 'Strange new character getting found by that bloke we thought had come & gone' turns out to be 'oh yeah, her, remind me again...'

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Too funny! On the other spectrum of this you had me who couldn’t wait all this time to see Connie again. And when they showed the hand in the dirt I knew immediately it was her.

Connie has rapidly become one of my favourite characters. And if there ever was a perfect love interest for Daryl, it is her. I’m rooting for these two so bad.

My perfect ending to the finale would have been Daryl and Dog finding her, instead of “oh it’s not you again why didn’t you stay on your stupid island” Virgil.

I’m really hoping one of these six anthology episodes coming will be dedicated to Connie and her reunion with the group, and within that the main focus will be moving her relationship forward with Daryl.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. BlackBird

Magna told Yumiko that they got out together from the cave blending in with the dead, but they got separated at some point during the march to Hilltop. I expect we will get flashbacks of what happened to her during this past week or so? As she tells her story to Daryl and Kelly? Who’ll be finally able to start looking for her in earnest, now that the whisperers war is over?

7. Stealth

I'm guessing that a Daryl/Connie relationship won't fit within the context of their planned Daryl/Carol spinoff, but you never know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BlackBird

Yes, you might be right. But there are 30 more episodes to go before the spinoff. And with Daryl and Carol being the link to the original show, there might be other characters who move into the spinoff show with them, who knows.

I’m just going on what we’ve been shown: They’ve set Connie up as Daryl’s potential love interest to the extent that it was even verbalised by Carol and Daryl was shown accepting that possibility after his initial denial, then he was shown “thinking about it” then practically trying to remove a mountain of stone with his bare hands to free her with tears in his eyes, etc. He has strong feelings for Connie which appear to be reciprocated, and this whole relationship was not set up so beautifully and lovingly just to go flop now. It will no doubt be explored in the upcoming episodes. This aspect of Daryl’s character has been avoided so spectacularly for ten years. It’s time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

where is Dog? I don't think I saw Dog in the finale.

10. Blueman

When a few Whisperers breached the building and made their way up the stairs and were breaking through the door, Dog barked toward the door and Gabe asked Judith to lead the Dog away. This scene lasted about a few seconds.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Stealth

I agree that it's possible. Connie could go to the new show.

My gut feeling is they'll pursue the Daryl/Connie relationship in the final season and she'll die at the end. This will be the catalyst for Daryl to want to leave. They've tossed around the line about New Mexico a few times. Then over the course of the new series they'll eventually pursue a Daryl/Carol relationship, but not right away. Daryl losing Connie will keep people from expecting that immediately.

One thing I'm surprised of is that they tipped us off about the spinoff already. Now we already know both Daryl and Carol will survive and there will be no tension surrounding them. That's one aspect of any final season of a show, like the Sopranos, anyone and everyone could die. But now they removed that aspect with two central characters.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Blueman

I wonder how certain is that spinoff for Daryl and Carol. I do not think this has been cast in concrete. If it is just a 'tipoff', maybe this is just a ploy to let us fall into the assumption that both characters will survive but in fact one or both will not. If this really happens so, then the shock effect will be huge.

13. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Thx, completely missed that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BlackBird

I was surprised too that they had announced the spinoff before the finale, there was really no need for that. It didn’t ruin the suspense for me though, as there was no way either Carol or Daryl could have died here. I was terrified though for Gabriel and then for Lydia.

I really hope they don’t ever make Daryl and Carol a “romantic“ couple. What they have is such an amazing complex relationship that making it romantic would just simplify and label it and that would be such a shame, in my opinion. And surely the two of them couldn’t carry a series on their own. I’d certainly be happy to watch a few bottle episodes with them, sure, but an entire series? They’d definitely need to have further cast. And meeting new people each week (as in a road trip) would also get tiresome. So I’m hoping they will retain a few of the current cast to travel with them to New Mexico.

#14 BlackBird, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I think there are too many spinoffs already.

Whatever happened or going to happen to the Rick movies?

16. BlackBird

The million dollar question! Apparently the first one is in preproduction...o_O

17. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Of all that has been taken from us due to the pandemic this is what I truly missed and value: quality discussion R/T TWD.
    Liked the way Connie was brought back into the story mainly b/c I simply love her. As always I agree with Ms Bird: wanting to see a bottle episode of her journey from the cave. How weird would it be to have the whole episode silent?
    To the Virgil haters: did you not watch the Leftovers? This guy is an acting MONSTER! I'm putting a lot of faith in Ms Kang to soon use those skills to blow us away.
    The Carol/Darryl spinoff would be so entertaining if it were to follow his reality series: visiting cool places on a motorcycle.
    Sincere apologies if this is goofy; been working a Covid unit for 21 days. The whole World sounds to me like a flourescent light on the fritz.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Stealth

I don't think they're lying. Norman I'm sure is all onboard. He loves the genre, the fans and the people he works with.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stealth

I agree with you on the Daryl/Carol relationship. It's best as it is now. There are people out there though that have been wanting it. When I heard of the spinoff though I felt that was the road they'd eventually go down, maybe toward the end of the series.

20. BlackBird

Of course they might well be. I just hope they won’t. Or if they insist, they will make it work for me. Shipping is a funny old thing, isn’t it? I don’t particularly have an issue with “Caryl”, other than I was never feeling that vibe. I like Carol very much, and Daryl is my fave. I want them both to be happy. So whatever. But I feel there’s a real interesting chemistry between Daryl and Connie, and this could bring out something very new of Daryl, and I’d love to see that new side of him blossoming. Also, Connie has been just so sad. Even when she’s smiling, you get the sense of her deep sadness. Daryl makes her feel lighter somehow. They’re having fun together. And as far as unique relationships go on this show: Carol and Daryl are hard to beat with their complexity but Daryl and Connie would also be a really unconventional love story. Should be great, no?

• Like Like x 1