Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[101] React Bravely!! Go Naked.

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Brave' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 1, 2020.

1. GregsGirl

GregsGirl Well-Known Member

She has very well groomed eyebrows for being in the ZA

2. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

nice lite makeup too lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. VenomGA

so far this show is rather boring. It needs to pick up or I will change it to football

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GregsGirl

it’s so extra angsty...

5. VenomGA

zzzzzzzzzzzz

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GregsGirl

I legit cant keep my eyes open. I’m heading off to bed. Hope this series gets a little better!

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

A somewhat slow episode, but I think they did okay with character development, and probably to be expected that we wouldn't see much action while they were safely in their safe zone. Now that they've moved into the real world, I'll stay optimistic that it gets more intriguing. It was obvious that CRM was up to something, but I wasn't expecting that ending. I'm glad they didn't keep us guessing for several episodes on just how bad they were. Not a great episode, but not bad to the extent that I feared. The show has potential. I can see myself growing attachments to some of the characters depending on how they unfold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I'll go a little in the opposite direction Neuro, I thought the ending was way too abrupt and they better have a great explanation because I can't see how it made sense for them to kill everybody in the campus colony. I understand that the lady lead the girls to go chase after their father, but killing everybody? And since Felix left before too, the girls should never know they did, can't see the point, hope I'm wrong.

Also, I hate that the nerd's mother was coincidentally killed by the pretty girl (or was she? wasn't clear). Anyway, the necklace drama is telegraphed, that's pretty poor writing.

As for the overall show, I kind of liked it. I was really afraid it would be terrible, given the teenager angle, but it could be interesting. I certainly prefered this to the FTWD first few episodes back in the day...

9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Aside from the obvious CW angle they are going for with this show it honestly just doesn't feel like it belongs in the same universe as the other shows we are watching in the Walking Dead universe.

Season 1 of World Beyond I believe is supposed to take place about the same time as season 10 of TWD. Yet for the new show they are all driving vehicles like it is an every day occurrence and they are seeing planes fly over like it isn't anything new to them at all and in TWD they are all riding horse and buggies because all the fuel is supposedly gone.

I also have a very hard time believing that they have these communities that are this much more advanced than the D.C communities yet the D.C. communities barely have a sniff of the existence of any of these post apocalyptic super powers. Especially considering that in this episode they said that they are in New York state which isn't all that far from D.C. And why are the people in New York flying all the way to Nebraska to communicate with communities there but ignoring communities just a couple hundred miles away from them?

Again it just doesn't feel like it belongs in the same universe as the previous shows we have been watching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I'm more easy going than a lost of writers on here. I thought that overall it was a pretty good start. Yes, it was a bit slow, but there has to be some character development and I think that was handled pretty well. I was taken back by the ending and don't know why that happened, but I guess the saying "they're bad people" was true. I'm sure we'll get more on that. As for how advanced they are and the makeup, vehicles etc. I'd say that Nebraska wasn't nearly as populated as Atlanta and D.C. so they had a better chance of survival and the survivors a better organization. I think the Elton's mother scenario is actually an interesting substory. I will definitely be tuning in for more episodes.

11. Terminator

Yes. It was on the bus and also on a map that was shown. Showed the Campus in Omaha along with a Portland area and the CW I believe. Might have been something else, but it was only a quick shot.

12. lastcat3

The issue with the vehicle thing is that technically nobody should be able to use fuel ten years into the apocalypse as the remaining fuel that was left over wouldn't last that long. Now I realize that zombie stories tend to always play by their own rules and I don't have any issues with that at all but what I do want to see is for them to remain consistent with other stories that take place within the same universe. And when one story is driving busses and flying planes ten years into the apocalypse and another story is living like it is the 1800's then that is not very consistent with each other. And technically they should have fuel longer around the bigger cities because there would have been more fuel located there.

Clearly TWD was playing by the idea that fuel would be gone ten years into the apocalypse while this World Beyond show is just doing something else entirely.

13. NakedCity

Didn't they start making fuel in one of FTWD substories? (I might have a bad memory on that). Anyway, these guys seem pretty advanced, they're working on a cure, they must be able to produce fuel for Portland and the related colonies.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. lastcat3

Perhaps but even if they did remember all of Fears stories so far take place within the first couple years of the apocalypse so fuel would still be useable at that time. If they have a decent explanation for it it does need to be explained in the show because it is something that really contradicts the main show in the universe.

If we find out that Commonwealth is doing the horse and buggy thing as well (like they were in the comic) than I think it would be good to just say World Beyond takes place in an entirely different universe than the other shows. And we aren't even getting into why this New York group is flying all the way to Nebraska to meet communities yet basically ignoring communities relatively close to them.

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yep, they made fuel on TWD too, at the Sanctuary for awhile. Biofuel is readily made if you have people that know how to do it.

16. NakedCity

Considering they flew Rick out in a helicopter, what would contradict the main show is if they suddenly didn't have access to transport anymore.

FTWD didn't use useable fuel, they produced it. If these retards can do it, I'm pretty sure this New First Order or whatever their name wouldn't have much problems doing it too. I really don't see a contradiction here, the helicopters have been around for a looooooong time now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Rigor_Mortis

Rigor_Mortis Member

I didn't care for the teen angst angle at all. It seems the entire campus colony/10 years in scenario was concocted to portray yet another round of "edgy teenager issues" tripe at the expense of the existing universe created by the other two shows.

As previous posters mentioned, the necklace drama was a bit too convenient. Also the fact that the three settlements in the so-called alliance are almost geographically as far apart as they can be from one another within the continental United States, yet were deemed to be the forerunners in the effort to rebuild civilization and all others are inconsequential.

Still the show has potential: developing the nefarious intent of the the CRM and seeing how the campus "escapees" adapt to a survival situation. I was ambivalent about FOTWD when in came out and I ended up liking it more than the original series (mainly due to the better pacing). I don't see that happening twice, but never say never

18. NakedCity

:eek:

19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Haven't really commented on this because I had a hard time getting into the premiere. I need to rewatch. I was distracted at the time and didn't find it very engaging. I'm not saying it's bad, but it didn't grab my attention. I'm going to try it again before the next episode.

20. Terminator

As advanced as the Commonwealth seems to be, I wouldn't be surprised that they've have created a bio fuel so I'm not concerned about that. I watch these shows for entertainment and can give a pass on a lot of what we'd expect would really be happening.