Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Carol throw herself in front of the car?

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by westwingnut, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

The thought crossed my mind too. But as others have pointed out, there's a good chance it was a mix of her being distracted and them running her over on purpose. It all happened so quick, I don't think she would have even had the time to think about purposely throwing herself in front of the car. And it was also too risky, she could have died on the spot.

I was a little disappointed though. I liked the theories that were going around about her letting herself get caught so she could get into the hospital.

2. Jato

Jato Member

I can see how it happened though. They thought the cops were a bit far off and weren't expecting them so close so Carol just tried to cross the road quickly without looking.

It kinda makes sense if the cross people are hitting them on purpose. That's why they always bring back lone people and not groups. If they killed the person, then so be it but if they didn't, they could 'save' their lives and have them indebted.

3. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Yes, but common sense is way too boring for TWD.

4. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

That was my impression as well. The cross cops heard the gunfire, Daryl, Noah, and Carol looked out the window and saw the car heading for the front door. Carol's speech to Daryl, when they were sitting in the window about being "burned away" seemed like she just didn't care about what happened to her anymore. They ran down to fight the cross cops, and Carol bolted out the door, in front of the car that they had clearly seen coming from the upper window, to make sure the cross cops thought it was her that had been doing the shooting. It was another Queen Bitch Carol example of self-sacrifice for the greater good. I'm just hoping Beth doesn't get her killed, from what I saw of last weeks promo. :O

5. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

I still think the cross cos ran over Beth as well, she said she was fighting a walker, and then everything went black. I doubt the walker knocked her unconscious, and if they were trying to help Beth, why did they leave all her things on the road, and hightail it out of there, just as Daryl was arriving. They had to see him chasing the car and screaming for Beth. I don't think "saving her" was on their mind. I think it was more like "Wow, check out the cute blonde chick, we could add her to our sex slave harem! Hit her, quick!" Gorman was probably driving since he made the comment that she was supposed to be "his".

Carol is older, and not as cute as the other women there, which is probably why the male officers don't care if she lives or not.

#25 T Dis, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  6. Busted Flipflop

Looks like the cops did it on purpose - unless they thought it was a walker. Though I don't know how they would have been able to tell that quickly from a distance that it was a live person versus a walker.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

lol, neither Carol nor the cop car planned it. It happened in a split second. Carol didn't see the car around the corner, and the car couldn't have seen her. It couldn't have been planned. And why would Carol do that? They already knew where the hospital was, they had the advantage. They could go back, get the others at the church, and ambush them. Getting yourself hit by a car, possibly killing you, and at least making you significantly injured, does nothing. If she really wanted to infiltrate the hospital, she could have just stayed on the sidewalk and put her arms up, and let them take her. No injuries or possible death that way. This was an accident.

8. Calloway70

Calloway70 Member

I live in Atlanta. With all the one-streets downtown, it's amazing they didn't get hit sooner! :zombies_lol:

9. eshlemon

eshlemon Member

LOL

As someone living there, how many streets are curbless? And given how the poles are spaced, are only one way traffic too. Appears she's running on a plaza between buildings and not across a roadway. Doesn't definitely mean was intentional, Carol accident could still be result of just happening to cross when coppers where taking an off-road short cut or patrol.

#29 eshlemon, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  10. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

this is the walking dead, you are being way too logical for these writers.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think I'm being way too logical for you. ;)

12. Calloway70

Calloway70 Member

Not many. Certainly between buildings, they may alter the curb to have a drive right up to the door (as many hotels downtown do).

To me, it looked exactly like the roads between several of the larger buildings here. Metro Atlanta is built with several large buildings placed directly across the street from each other, and they will put a small road between them that eventually becomes a rather heavily-used avenue. That's the problem with many of the streets here - they don't plan on the amount of traffic that will eventually use them.

13. Dreamer14

Dreamer14 Member

I didn't get the sense that she threw herself in front of the car deliberately, but more that she just wasn't looking and the cops slammed into her (maybe on purpose).

14. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

With that impact, I would not bet on it being any of Carol's idea. This is coming from someone who made it a hobby to jump out in front of cars explicitly to let them hit me (I grew up in a small town, don't you judge me!) Even for the stuntwoman, that was a hard hit. Probably did not do many takes of that one.

15. Epikreborn

Epikreborn New Member

The way Carol was hit, I thought she might not make it. Doubt she's that crazy ...

16. Lt. Col. Cookie

Why would she run into the car to get hit? If anything she would just walk up to them and let them take her.. Though it is plausible that they purposely hit her to take her to the hospital just like they did to Beth. Remember the BS they told her about finding her unconscious when she was really just running outside??

17. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

No. No one throws themselves in front of a car unless they want to die. Carol was running without looking both ways and got hit. end of story.

18. ohchacha

ohchacha New Member

It seems to me that she would not have done that. Moreover, this is a too clever move for the scriptwriters, and by that time the script had already stopped giving any interesting moves.

19. lolapaluuza

lolapaluuza New Member