Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I saw that! Beautiful and scary at the same time.

Reminded me of something that happened when we were at our “summer” place. I was taking a shower and I looked down and saw this ginormous spider (not a Daddy Long Legs) on my thigh. I’d seen them before in the house but I didn’t panic. Knocked it off and it stayed where it landed. Detente. I didn’t particularly take note where it went once I exited the tub.

Later, when hubs was taking his shower, I heard this loud “F**K! a couple rooms away. Seems the spider decided to make another appearance. Unfortunately for the spider he wasn’t inclined to live and let live, lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

They must love showers

For about 4 months “Charlotte” lived in the upper corner of mine. I told her as long as she stayed up there while I was in there, no problem. Unfortunately for her, she didn’t listen.

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

that was freakin NUTS. BAHAHAHAHA

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

This guy should get credit for an outstanding Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde costume take on Freddy.

[​IMG]

5. Sharpie61

6. Morgotha

In Mephis doctors removed the heart of a young man with severe heart disease and replaced it with an artificial heart until a transplant candidate can be found. This is different than the old system of putting a mechanical device next to a bad heart, in this case they actually removed the ventricles (the main driver of blood flow) and replaced it with a pair of mechanical pumps. Pretty amazing. I also find it amazing that they can sew the aortic stump on to this device and not have it leak like crazy. That's a lot of pressure to contain! And a big energy requirement. The big pack on his right hip is for batteries.

Anyway, good work, you guys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...heart-to-save-his-life/ar-BB19Roi5?li=BBnb7Kz

https://syncardia.com/patients/patient-resources/how-does-the-total-artificial-heart-work/

7. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Holy crap, that's amazing!

Do they talk about or explain the process with how they sew and seal the connection between the biological tissue and the synthetic components?

On a side note, knowing that your life depends on keeping those batteries charged, must be terrifying. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

8. Morgotha

I agree. Can you imagine the stress of just changing from one battery pack to another? Or worrying you'd roll over in your sleep and disconnect the lines somehow? Or what you'd do if there was a blackout? I'd probably have a heart attack just worrying about it!

(ha ha?)

Anyway, they didn't say how they made a seal with the tissue. They do a similar thing for dialysis patients, attaching a plastic tube between an artery and vein, but I don't know how they make that not leak either, LOL! Whatever method they used it's an amazing feat.

9. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

That would be my biggest fear. I'm a wild sleeper, so I'd eventually rip those jumper cables right out of my chest or wherever they are attached. lol

I sometimes wonder how long most of us would survive (in terms of our lifespans) were it not for all of the vaccinations, medical treatments, modern advances that we have today, and if we didn't have all of that, what the world population would be. Roughly 1-2 billion?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Morgotha

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. purriwinkle

He is rather good looking at that.....gotta love California! (and I mean that, lol)

Is it the water or what? I decided to look up California politicos and there are quite a few really good looking men and women representing the Golden State. I'm impressed, lol.

#5492 purriwinkle, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  13. Morgotha

I think it's the Hollywood influence. For the past 100 years "good looking" people have been migrating to Calif. to be Stars, and their children carry on those genes. LOL, the trouble is they carry on their other genes as well -- like the ability, or lack thereof, to reason.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Makes sense why people are leaving. The state has turned into an untenable dump that's too expensive to live in, due to bad leadership and bad priorities. California is on the verge of having it's first net-migration decrease in history.

In the 1920s, population growth was roughly 6%. Pretty good.
    In the 1930s, population slowed to around 2%. Most likely due to the great depression.
    1940s saw a huge explosion of growth with 10% in 1943 alone.
    1950s through the early 2000s saw decent net growth rates from 1.5% to 3%

Since 2004 the average growth rate has been 0.65% and 2019 was 0.13%

Some sources show that the state is already in decline. But my source (MacroTrends) reveals a very small and continually shrinking level of net-growth.

Maybe this is natural because 40 million people is a lot. Maybe that's unsustainable no matter what the circumstances are. But I believe that state policies are playing a big role in this exodus.

15. Morgotha

The big question for me is who the population is, and what do those numbers mean. Does a growth rate of 0.13% mean that the population is stable because slightly more new Californians are being born as are dying, or does it mean that 100,000 tax-paying California citizens left the state to be replaced by 100,000 non-taxpaying illegal aliens? Granted that the latter is an exaggeration, but if there is a hidden trend in those numbers it can spell bad news for the state down the road. Or good news. Who knows?

• Like Like x 1
  16. purriwinkle

And here I thought you were going to tell me it was due to the excellent selection of plastic surgeons practicing in California, lol, but I'll buy the "Hollywood influence" theory too.

17. Sharpie61

Pandemic or not, this is gross

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Morgotha

Facebook and Twitter censored people from posting about an article that ran on the front page of the NY Post. It's political in nature having to do with corruption and Hunter/Joe Biden. Now even Chris Wallace is saying that this type of censorship is a bad thing and reeks of Big Brother - he's not wrong.

"I've got a real problem with that. I think you're either in or you're out," Wallace said. "And when I say that, either it's the Wild West and you post everything -- and I can understand the concern about that after what happened in 2016 with Russian disinformation -- or you put everything out there and if you have a problem with some of it ... then put a word on there to your users and say, 'We can't confirm this story' or 'There's some questions with this story.'

"But to just ban it and to say, 'Nobody is allowed to discuss this story or post this story' -- which, you know, is out there and you can't put the genie back in the bottle, it was the front page of the New York Post -- really strikes me as smacking of Big Brother."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/hunter-biden-reports-twitter-facebook-chris-wallace

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Everything about this reeks! The violation of the 1st Amendment. The double-standards. The silencing of anyone who posted the link. Or the weak excuses made about hacked info or whatever garbage they were citing.

Why didn't they block The Atlantic article about Trump saying bad things about the military? That was almost immediately proven to be false story, a hit piece and non of "the sources" behind that claim were verified. All of the people who've actually come out, who were present at that event, said that Trump did not say anything bad about the troops. Yet the social media giants didn't lift a finger.

This btw, is just one example of many regarding the obvious bias that's happening on social media right now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Morgotha

I read this morning that 90% of the political contributions from facebook employees go to Democratic candidates. That would seem to be the most likely explanation.