Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

It looks like Twitter is reversing course and their obvious mistake/power grab (lol) or whatever you wanna call it....

https://www.dailywire.com/news/twit...over-censorship-senators-announcing-subpoenas

Regardless of this course-correction, the company should STILL be held responsible for the damage that they've already caused.

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say "reversing course" so much as I'd say "being less conspicuous". I doubt if the people in charge there have suddenly changed their views.

3. Morgotha

Chicago. They are deep in the red and want to raise taxes even more to try and not get further in the red for the year. NO serious consideration to decreasing spending is taking place. No effort was made to stop the rioting that cost, and continues to cost, the city. LOL, for someone whose business was burnt down while the city did nothing to protect them, I wonder if being told their taxes are going up will have anything to do with their decision on whether or not to rebuild? Meh. Sooner or later your actions come home to you.

"
    Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is considering tax hikes to help plug the city’s $1.2 billion budget deficit, according to a report.

The city is weighing a $94 million property tax hike, raising the gas tax and laying off more than 300 workers to help fill the gap, the Chicago Tribune reported.

Other potential cost-saving measures include a five-day furlough for all nonunion city employees, shifting some costs onto the books of the Chicago Public Schools and raising the cloud-computing tax.
    Chicago has a long way to go even if the budget gap is filled. The city is burdened with $46.5 billion of unpaid bills and has just $10 billion cash, according to a July 2020 report released by Truth in Accounting."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chicago-mayor-considering-tax-hikes-to-plug-1-2b-budget-hole-report

4. Morgotha

So this man was high on drugs and ended up burning his mobile home to the ground when he knocked over a candle while trying to get rid of a family of raccoons that took up residence underneath it. Pretty normal accident -- it could happen to anybody! So what's the "crazy" part about it? The subsequent public service announcement from the Sheriff's office where they said,

"The sheriff’s office said the incident will be forwarded for review and warned residents to “please be careful when having candles inside your residence.” o_O

...They didn't warn people that using *drugs* was dangerous, they warned them about CANDLES!?!? lol, that's pretty crazy.

5. Morgotha

An American custom car maker has made the fastest "production" car in the world, going 331 mph on a public road in Nevada (the road was closed to normal traffic). That's mighty fast. That's NYC to Philadelphia in 20 minutes fast! Not that it seems that *useful* of a feat, but good going, guys!

OTOH... I'd bet 300 mph is faster than Hillary can fly, so this car might save your life! This is a car worth buying! I wonder how I get one, and how well it'll do on gravel roads? 150 mph? 200? LOL, I bet that would do a number on your paint job!

OTOOH, An unladen European swallow can fly at about 24 mph. For safety's sake you have to figure she can fly at least twice as fast as a swallow, but that's still only 48 mph, so your everyday car should be able to outrun her. The big question is if you have enough gas and a road where you don't have to stop so that you could keep driving until daybreak. Hmm... I suppose the other safety tip would be to always carry a cell phone so that you could call and see if there were any open churches ahead of you you could hide out in until morning. That would really save on driving.

[​IMG]

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/american-ssc-tuatara-supercar-316-mph

6. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Nah, it ain’t the weed. Many, many people start fires due to being careless with candles, and Most are probably not high.

How many house fires are caused by candles in the U.S. each year? Candles cause an estimated 15,600 house fires, 150 deaths, and 1,270 injuries each year.
    http://www.igot2kno.org/files/ig2k-FAQ_Candle_Safety.pdf

• Like Like x 1
  7. purriwinkle

Having a rough start to your work week?

[​IMG]

Anything I can do to help.....lol

8. Morgotha

Not rough, but sssssLLLLLooooooowwwww........ LOL, sometimes if one's mind isn't kept busy it's starts walking off in a random direction on its own. LLOL, well, not *quite* a random direction ;).

And don't think you've pulled the wool over my eyes. In watching your clip cycle a couple of times I can't help but notice her blinks are: short, long (repeated). IOW, dot-dash in morse code. That translates in to the letter "A". Her name is Hillary or "H". And we know that "AH" is white supremacist code for Adolph Hitler. Your clip PROVES that Hillary is secretly a white supremacist and neo-nazi. I'm surprised you'd let such a sensitive piece of information slip out! :eek:

9. Morgotha

I hear what you're saying about the candles being an actual risk to one's home, but drugs are still far more dangerous to people in terms of injury and death.

"In 2018, 67,367 drug overdose deaths occurred in the United States. The age-adjusted rate of overdose deaths decreased by 4.6% from 2017 (21.7 per 100,000) to 2018 (20.7 per 100,000). Opioids—mainly synthetic opioids (other than methadone)—are currently the main driver of drug overdose deaths. Opioids were involved in 46,802 overdose deaths in 2018 (69.5% of all drug overdose deaths).1 Two out of three (67.0%) opioid-involved overdose deaths involve synthetic opioids.2" (taken from the CDC page)

I'm sure both factors played a part in this man's home burning down.

You know, the one thing the article did NOT say is what happened to the family of raccoons. Are they still there? Did they die? Did they become homeless and sign up for government benefits? Enquiring minds want to know!

10. purriwinkle

[​IMG]

Uh huh.....and on that note I’m getting another....stronger cup of coffee myself....lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. purriwinkle

We know squat. Obviously the man didn’t overdose on whatever
    drug of choice he was using. You didn’t cite the article. We can’t assume that this is pure cause and effect. Like you said, could have happened to anybody. As for the raccoons, they probably high tailed it out of there and took up residence down the line to cause trouble for somebody else. ;)

12. Morgotha

My point is really that not many people use a candle to go after raccoons under their house. What would he do if he caught them? Grab them when he's crawling under his house? A family of wild raccoons?

This sounds like drug-fueled decision making to me. I'd be willing to bet if he was NOT on drugs his house wouldn't have burnt down.

On the raccoons, I agree, LOL.

13. Morgotha

Violent marauding gangs of deer are rampaging around parks in England accosting innocent women. Seriously, it's getting hard to tell the difference between a British park and downtown Chicago!

Or not. In any event, avoid wild animals during mating season.

[​IMG]
    https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/uk-woman-attacked-deer-park-feeding

OTOH, it is reminiscent of Zeus and Leda, so perhaps the woman was being "visited" by a god?

[​IMG]

14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

15. Morgotha

C'mon, man! You've heard of Helen of Troy. Why do you think she was so beautiful? She was Zeus' daughter, ugly wasn't in her genes.

16. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I have no idea what's going on right now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Morgotha

Trust me, you probably don't want to know.:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Morgotha

I like this guy's way of thinking. The Welsh government declared clothes were "nonessential items" that people didn't need to shop for. This man decided to see how "nonessential" clothes really were, and tried to go to a market in his underwear and a mask, and was denied entry for not wearing clothes.

His point was well-made, clothes are essential, not that that will stop the government from passing its regulations as it sees fit.

Also, I do feel bad for the security guard who was forced to play the straight man in the whole thing. I can really empathize with his sentiment of saying, "look pal, I didn't make the rules, take it up with the people who did. Why do I have to be the one taking the heat for this idiocy?" But, Mr. Guard, that's why they pay you the big bucks.

"
    A man in Wales claims he wore only underwear to a local Tesco supermarket in order to protest the country’s ban on the sale of nonessential items amid the pandemic, as seen in footage shared to social media over the weekend.

In the video, Christopher Noden, from Newport, is seen walking into the store in just his boxer briefs and a mask. Noden is then approached by a security guard who tells him he can’t enter, only for Noden and his wife, Dawn, to question why he’s required to wear clothes if clothes themselves are indeed “nonessential.”

The guard and the couple go back and forth about the ban, during which time the guard can be heard telling them to “take it up with the government.”

On Sunday, however, the Welsh government defended its decision to advise that supermarkets and department stores restrict the sale of clothing, toys, bedding and more in an effort to keep the public away from larger shopping centers."

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/man-wears-underwear-supermarket-wales-nonessential-items

#5518 Morgotha, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  19. Morgotha

From the "good fun, corporate events" series: Burger King in Sweden/Denmark have embraced the Halloween spirit and if you go in their bathroom and look in the mirror and say, "cancelled clown" three times the lights dim and a ghostly Ronald McDonald appears in the mirror!

Now *that* is what I'd call a fun thing to do, and well worth a trip to Burger King. (Well, not from here to Sweden, but you get the idea).

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/burger-kings-halloween-sweden-ronald-mcdonald-mirror

20. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1