Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

States shouldn't be allowed to announce numbers before the polls are closed on election day. Doing so might prejudice the vote as either side might figure it's not worth voting given the expressed numbers to date.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Morgotha

Step 2 of 3 completed.

"As expected, Senate Republicans in the Judiciary Committee have voted to approve Amy Coney Barrett's nomination to the Supreme Court. Minority Democrats unhappy with the way the nomination was rushed through ahead of the 3 November election boycotted the vote.

The full Senate is due meet to endorse Justice Barrett on Monday."

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/election-us-2020-54630565

3. Morgotha

So IMO the real winner of last night's debate was Kristen Welker who did an outstanding job keeping the two of them mostly on point. Good Job!

My favorite Trump lines of the night were his talking about "catch and release", and how criminals would be released into our country and how most of them wouldn't come back in a couple of years for their hearings, only the dumb ones would. He then said he ended the practice. A strong point. He also had the "who built the cages" line, which let him rub that in Biden's face a bit. Biden kept going on about the 500 kids separated from their parents. We take DNA from each of the people in custody, if someone is missing their kid and was in custody why can't they just show up and get a DNA test and take their kid home? Were these people really the kids' parents, or were they kidnappers? Who knows, but if the U.S. gov't had MY kid in a detention center I'd be down shouting on the steps of Telemundo about it, and I bet the exposure would find my child for me. Why haven't these children's parents done something like that?

I don't know if you'd call it a winning point for Trump or a losing one for Biden, but on energy policy? When Biden said he was going to shut the oil industry, that IMO hurt him. I can't see how that would be seen as a good thing by anyone but the lefties who are going to vote for Biden anyways. Trump also did well pointing out Biden's flip flopping on fracking, and making him look like a lying politician just saying whatever to get elected.

The Hunter Biden stuff fell flat for me because, sure, Hunter is probably crooked and Biden might be, but there's no doubt Trump is better than both of them at helping himself to public funds, so... they're both bad. The whole "China bank account" thing was thoroughly refuted by Trump. He had a bank account in China years before he became president when he was doing business there, and he closed it before taking office? Who cares? Why is that a scandal?

Biden really won on health care by pointing out that Trump had 4 years to do something and didn't. Overall Biden gave the impression he really does care about the issue and wants to do something, whereas Trump did not.

Trump's line used a couple of times was very effective, that Biden has been in government service over 40 years and that he and Obama had the Presidency less than 4 years ago, and if Biden wanted to make all these changes, why didn't he make them in the 8 years they were in office? A good point.

Racial stuff: Trump's being Trump got in the way of his point, but he has done several things for minority communities such as prison reform, opportunity zones, and funding of historically black universities that again, Obama/Biden didn't. I think Trump can hold his head up on this one.

Covid. Well, Trump owns our response or lack thereof, and Biden had the opportunity to sit in his basement and complain. Could we have done better? Yes. Would Biden have actually DONE any better based on his responses and early actions in the pandemic? Who knows? Probably not, though, judging by the European response and infection rates and his initial attitudes on shutting the country.
    I did like Trump fingering China and pointing out how they restricted travel *within* China but allowed the virus to be disseminated around the world. It might have passed by quickly but it was an important point.

Overall a good debate, IMO, and MUCH better than the last one.

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I gotta say, she impresses me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Morgotha

I agree. The most ironic part for me is it's probably the Repubs that are going to be the most depressed when she's deciding cases as she is going to try and be *fair* and not an ideologue, but the people who are the most worked up about her being an ideologue are the Dems who in reality will likely get more of what they want from her.o_O

In any event, I look forward to having her on the bench and hope she lives up to the example set by Sandra Day O'Connor and RBG. At this point, I doubt she'll let me down.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

The debate last night was orders of magnitude better than the first debate between these two old farts. lol

I'd even say it was slightly better than the VP debate, but only because my expectations were so low and it turned out to be pretty decent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

No, this is not a meme. The GOP put this on their twitter platform
    [​IMG]

The truth is out there

8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I was sound asleep when the phone rang at 10pm last night. The caller said he was a democrat volunteer. Before he could say what he wanted, I told him I had been planning on voting Democratic but because he called me at 10pm and woke me I would be voting straight Republican ticket and then hung up.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

That is hilarious!

I keep getting a bunch of texts and calls from Democrats in Texas for some reason. I live in Washington, so they probably have me mixed up with someone else. I used to try and tell them that they had the wrong person but they keep calling me.. Anyway, they ask me if I will support Democrats for this and that. Since they didn't listen to me before, I now tell them "yes" every time. I'm probably messing with their polling data but that's not my problem. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

It's done. I voted Sunday and I feel like a weight's been lifted! Long lines but only about a 45 minute wait to get into the building. I think I hit it at the right time. I've done my duty as a citizen and exercised my franchise. Now the wait begins but I feel like I have to come up for a breath of fresh air and shake the stank of politics off for awhile. Can't wait until the most exciting thing to discuss will be season 11 of TWD.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Morgotha

I keep getting conservative robotexts. The most recent ones are from "Amy" telling me about the dangers of Biden. :rolleyes: That's trying a bit too hard for my taste.

12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Voted by mail a few weeks ago. Followed it online and it's been received.

I'm doing the same and checking out from it all after the election, well the aftermath anyway. So from mid-November until the inaugural I don't want to read or see another thing about any of it. I just primarily read the news anyway. I'd hang myself if I watched it on TV as well. The cable stations are awful. I quit watching them after the 2016 election. Here and there I tune in if there is breaking news, election results etc, but just regular day to day, no way.,

It's been an endless marathon and the finish line is almost in sight. Can't wait.

13. Morgotha

You know, it's UNAmerican to attack people with different political beliefs than you. Just sayin'.

Oh, and thankfully the police dept. was there to maintain order.

"
    A family of seven ‒ including four kids ‒ were pepper-sprayed by violent rioters on Sunday while participating in a “Jews For Trump” rally in New York City.

A spokesperson for the New York Police Department said 11 people were taken into custody after the rally descended into chaos and violence Sunday afternoon. Six people were charged with disorderly conduct, obstruction of government administration and harassment, while a seventh person was charged with assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest, the NYPD said Monday."

"
    A member of the family that was pepper-sprayed told Fox News that the unprovoked attack happened while the family was driving down Fifth Avenue with the car windows down and Trump flags displayed.

The man, who wished to remain anonymous fearing his family could be targeted, said a car pulled up next to them and unleashed pepper spray into their vehicle.

"Immediately the kids started crying and screaming and I jumped out of the car after I was peppered [sic] sprayed as well," the man said.

The man said the attacker chased him down the avenue trying to pepper-spray him again. His mother flagged down an officer and the suspect was arrested. "

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/anti-protesters-attack-jews-trump-vehicle-convoy-new-york

14. Morgotha

LOL, Biden thinks he's running against George Bush. I don't know WHICH George Bush he's running against though, someone should ask him.

""Not because I'm running, but because who I'm running against, this is the most consequential election in a long, long, long time," Biden said. "And the character of the country in my view is literally on the ballot. What kind of country we're gonna be? Four more years of George, ah, George... gonna find ourselves in a position where if Trump gets elected we're going to be in a different world.""

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe-biden-bush-trump-misspeak

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Very good ad. "The faith that love is stronger than hate, that kindness is stronger than anger."

16. Morgotha

A good ad? It didn't really say anything. I guess what CAN he say other than "I've been sitting in my basement for the past 4 years, vote for me"?

Nice musical score, though. Very stirring.

17. Sharpie61

Why do you say he’s “sitting in his basement “?
    Is it because he’s not having super spreaders like Trump is?

The truth is out there

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Morgotha

AFAIK all Biden's done for the past 4 years is give the occasional speech for cash. Other than that, what's he done? Sit in his basement.

19. Sharpie61

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sharpie61

I didn’t know Biden was President these past 4 years.

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 1