Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Live Reaction

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - Shadow Puppets' started by VenomGA, Nov 8, 2020.

1. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

not sure anyone is still watching this show, but if you are comment here

2. VenomGA

another boring episode, not sure I will make it thru this whole thing.

3. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I thought it was overall a pretty good episode (considering the series), easily the best episode of their quest thus far. Suspense was nicely handled, and the Zs were relevant as a threat (pet peeves of mine regarding both Fear and the main series). I'll give it 5/10, 'cause yeah, it's still not that good.

Quick question... Did Felix have that Batman voice in the previous episodes? It really felt wacked.

4. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I started watching Cobra Kai today. Finished season 1 and a few episodes into season 2. Good series. Anyways finding better shows to watch than Walking Dead so I'll just continue to record it and I'll get to it at some point.

If any of you have a bit of nostalgia towards the Karate Kid movies I highly recommend Cobra Kai. They are only 20-30 minute long episodes so it doesn't take all that long to get through a season. Also trudging through the Vikings series though that takes a little longer because I have to rent the dvd's as it isn't on streaming.

5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I'm still hanging on watching this series, but I inch a little closer to pulling the plug. The kids are so annoying.

6. Stealth

I've heard very good things about that series and will eventually check it out.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

One of the better episodes of the season in terms of pacing and development. Having said that, the 'scam' perpetrated by Percy and his uncle was completely contrived. They could have achieved the same result with a much less complicated farce. I give it about the same rating as FTWD for tonight. Okay television, but very weak compared to the flagship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. NakedCity

Cobra Kai was kind of cool yeah. I appreciate the fact that it's not taking itself seriously at all. Now I started the Mandalorian, I'm really not a fan of Star Wars, but that show (the first season anyway) is really aesthetically splendid and artistically superior to anything related to the movies. It's still not very good, with a very boring episodic structure.

9. lastcat3

Yeah you really kind of need to be a fan of Star Wars in order to get into Mandalorian as it is wrapped heavily in the established lore of Star Wars. Mandalorians have never even been spoken of in the movies and it is a culture that got developed entirely within the expanded universe. But for those that do pay attention to the lore the show is very rewarding.

10. NakedCity

Yeah couldn't care less about the SW mythos, it's just narratively kind of weak. The overall arcs are too easily put aside for side quests that feel like cheap The Littlest Hobo episodes!

11. Stealth

The problem with Stars Wars is they should've just kept it at the first trilogy. The prequels were weak, and then the sequel trilogy was even worse. I haven't even seen the final film after I heard how ludicrous it was in them bringing back the Emperor.

12. NakedCity

Well, I think the first trilogy were pretty good kiddy flicks (the first two anyway) that got way too attention from a bunch of nerdy kids. The prequels were atrocious kiddy flicks and Lucas didn't realize that his core audience weren't kids anymore (but really, they're just bad movies). And the sequels, it really depends of what film we're talking about... The first one was a great rewriting of the original Star Wars, for a more mature audience (but still a so-so films). The second was, to me, the first interesting film of the series since Empire. And well, the third was a real dumb piece of crap, almost as bad as the prequels, with better F/X.

13. lastcat3

Star Wars is a franchise that has a fanbase vast enough to support all kinds of different things people like or dislike. A lot of people that liked the OT didn't like the prequels and yet the prequels were still able to find its audience and a lot of people who are now in their 20's and early 30's consider it to be their Star Wars. Same thing will happen with the sequels once all the kids now get old enough to voice their opinion. And a lot of the older fans still like the sequels as well. And Star Wars will be a boom for Disney + and we will see all kinds of different kind of programming on it from a galaxy far far away.

I think Star Wars and the MCU are about the only two franchises that are multi-generational like that. Most franchises are more of a fad and if they try to come back they are more for the original audience to reminisce about.

14. magicdonutboi

magicdonutboi New Member

I don't understand how this new kid (forgot his name) gets to look like some kind of wet teenage girl's fantasy dream boy band member? I get why the other survivors look more polished than usual for this series, as they're from an advanced sheltered community, but that new guy has been surviving on the road with his uncle (who actually looks the part) for years. He has no business looking that stylish!

I also don't like the way the scarred lady talks, but I can't exactly put my finger on it. Other than that, I think she's an okay character but a bit flat, so they should either kill her or explore her further.

(also hi, this is my first post)

15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Stealth

With the direction this forum has gone the proper greeting is:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. VenomGA